“would stay again” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
PA
“would stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

spent one night, hotel showing a little age, but certainly freshly cleaned, did specifically check for bed bugs, found none. located near highway, but with a/c on slept well enough. desk very helpful and courteous, would stay again

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Stayed aug 1,2 and then aded an extra night very clean happy with our stay and plan to return.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2010

Great Bargan. Clean room. Cheap price. Helpful staff. Friendly staff. Was under 50bucks. Safe area.

Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Moparman72
Wilkes-Barre
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2009

First the location isn't the greatest. While the address is Absecon (which is the city next to Atlantic City), it's actually out in Galloway next to the Garden State Parkway. Coming from the boardwalk, you'll pass dozens of hotels and motels in the same price range. I'd recommend trying one of those instead.

The room was okay, although it was stifling hot when I got there. Even though I had made a reservation, no one turned on the air ahead of time (even though it was very hot and extremely humid). So it was hot and musty when I first got there. Ok, not the end of the world.

When I got there I noticed the alarm clock said it was 12:08 am although it was after 4 in the afternoon. I reset the clock, took a shower, and noticed it was 12:01. I reset it for the second time, and as I was finishing, back to 12:00. It kept resetting itself all day and night. Ok, an annoyance, but since I have an alarm clock on my cell phone it wasn't the end of the world.

The major annoyance came at 3:45am, when an alarm started sounding in my room. I really couldn't figure out what it was at first as I was half asleep. I got dressed, grabbed my keys, and went outside expecting to find other people. But there was no one. I called down to the office and after the phone rang nearly 10 times, I was told it was the carbon monoxide detector and just to take one of the batteries out. Of course, that didn't make me feel too comfortable, but I did it so I could get back to sleep.

Too many problems and there are too many other choices. So I definitely won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kevin R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
1.6 km away
6.0 km away
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
1.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area

Been to Rest Inn? Share your experiences!