“GREAT PLACE”

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
BRONX, NY
“GREAT PLACE”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Great place,I always stay here. minutes away from the casinos (driving). walking distance from Denny's (24/7). Front desk was very attentive and helpfull. will be coming back. very good for the price.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Upon walking in through the front door, the overwhelming stench of curry was just unappealing. The elevator was old and slow. Upon entering my room; I found a hair underneath the first bed sheet, there were a bunch of burn marks, and there were quite a few stains on the sheets. The floor looked very dirty, I wore my flip flops everywhere, even into the shower! The bathroom was just disgusting and dirty, there were also a bunch of mildew and gross stains. The towels had stains on them and hair as well. Overall, the place is roughly 15 minutes from AC so it's convenient, however you get what you pay for, it's not hotel quality. Just shell out the money and enjoy your trip at a resort not a Days Inn.

• Stayed March 2012
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We book this hotel last minute online for a quick trip to A.C.The front desk staff was not very friendly, he asked for my credit card and he swiped it before even telling me what amount he was charging. It was $1.00 (higher) than the online quote but I let it go. We paid $109 for one night at this "hotel". We were placed on the second floor, had to take the stairs (if there WAS an elevator, it was too far to bother with). We thought our room key was broken, but nope, the door was just rusted shut. We actually had to practice HOW to open the door a few times to make sure we'd be able to get in the next time.
As for the room itself, it was poor. There was rust, peeling pain and mold. We were surpised the room ended up having a huge jacuzzi which was pretty neat except for the hair in it (BARF!). It also doubled as a shower but there was no curtain or anything. It was pretty strange. The fridge was broken and there was water damage in the cabinet of the TV stand. I called the front desk to send someone up to clean the tub, he said he's see what he could do and moments later a lady showed up with papertowels and some 409. We left for dinner while she cleaned and when we got back to our room, there was still hair in the tub.
The comforter was questionable, but the sheets appeared to be clean. The towels were stained. The room did have a safe, an iron, basic toiletries, fridge (broken), clock (broken).
There were TONS of hotels on this strip. If you can, just pay the extra $100 or so to stay on the boardwalk OR the only half decent hotel on this strip appeared to be clarion, country hearth or ramada. Good luck!

Room Tip: Ask for first floor
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Francesca B
Weston, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We arrived in Absecon at 3:00AM on a Saturday night, right after a snowstorm, so there weren't many options... After being turned away from a few properties we tried the Days Inn out of desperation. We paid $73 which seemed like a total rip off.

The hotel overall just felt dirty. Our room's carpeting had stains. The furniture had stains too. The television was old. The beds had those polyester bedspreads that never get washed and give me the creeps. When I went to take a shower, the first two towels I reached for were stained - one with blood (either that or iodine), the other with black stuff. The walls were thin enough so that I could hear the television in the room next door all night.

On our walk to breakfast the next morning the interior hallways of the hotel, near the restaurant and the reception area were filthy. The windows were streaky and had finger prints all over them like they hadn't been cleaned in years. The breakfast was dismal: muffins, danishes, bagels and two different cereals.

Was it the end of the world that we stayed here? Well I guess no, because I didn't get bed bugs or any communicable diseases, but throughout my whole stay I just felt gross because the property didn't feel clean. At $73 this property was WAY over priced (I know a slightly-nicer property down the street was offering rooms for $44 Saturday morning). If given a chance, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: This is a hotel where the rooms open to the outside. Getting a room on the first floor, where you ca...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Colchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Although this hotel is more like a motel, we had only two major complaints: the one-room, through-the-wall heating system that blasted us, and we were charged $1.06 for a safe. That charge had not appeared on our online booking.

The carpets are on the aged side, the sheets are clean but stained, as are the washcloths. The continental breakfast is a little less than pedestrian.

The lobby is not 24 hours, so I had to go looking for an all-night diner or else keep my wife awake when I wanted to read at an ungodly hour.

It's in a seedy neighborhood, but convenient to Atlantic City and cheap.

We ended up here due to my poor memory. We had stayed at another hotel in this chain on Black Horse Pike and liked it a lot.

We won't be coming back to this hotel unless we are really stuck for a place to sleep.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Booked the room on line through the hotels web site for a smoking room with a king size bed for a 3 nights stay under a guaranteed reservation. Upon my arrival a mere 15 minutes after the start of check in was advised that they did not have any more of that room type left, I requested an upgrade and was told " Not at that rate" as I did have a discounted rate. Had to settle for a room with 2 double beds (more like twins). The floor was dirty( dingy), there were stains in the tub, (used a towel to stand on while taking a shower) The "elevator lobby" more like a service area was scary at best. The doors to this area which were supposed to be key access secured were never locked. I had placed the Do Not Disturb sign on the door and apparently that means go to the next room and give me a call to see if I was for real with not wanting to be disturbed. The TV remote in the room did not work so after trying to get one of the staff memebrs that was on the floor to simply switch it out with one from another room, got the "no speak english" response I went to the desk and asked for another one, the gentleman behind the desk simply tried to reprogram the remote.... FAIL.. I was finally able to get another remote which lasted about 2 hours... after which i just gave up and changed the channels and volume old school.....from the TV. The free breakfast was weak coffee, bordeline stale bagels, store bought danish and dry cereal. My suggestion is go the 1/4 mile down the road to the Denny's and buy your breakfast.The kicker of this whole stay that it is a Motel so you can walk by and see into the vacant rooms as you walk by, During the entire time of my stay i walked by a room that had a king with an ash tray visible on top of the TV. after being told that they didnt have any... Will Never stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Stayed here for business as I would be in town for a while, and got a great weekly rate to stay. Had the manager show me a room before I checked in, and was very happy with his helpfulness. The room was small, not very updated, but everything worked. The cleaning crew was good and on time every day. The small pool was great. The location was very convenient and I had no problems. Hotel fills up every Friday thru Sunday with Atlantic City casino goers. Has an Indian restaurant on site, but I never ate there. I wouldn't stay here with my family for over a night until the upgrades take place, but would stay here every time for business.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business