I went to Siem Reap with my brother to visit Angkor and stayed here for 2 days from 11th-13th December 2015 . We booked a twin bed room from Agoda without AC for only 8$ /night . Before went there I called Agoda customer care and they made sure sure someone from hotel will be there at airport to pick us up . But we were not sure .
To our pleasant surprise we found our friend from hotel present outside the airport with his tuktuk.
Journey from airport to hotel took exactly 20 minutes .
We reached there at 9 A.M in the morning . We did not know that check-in time is 12 P.M as It was mentioned in all website that check-in started from 8 A.M . So our room was not ready .
But hotel stuff were so co-operative that they gave us a room for 1 hour to freshen up and kept our luggage in their safely locker as we went out for Angkor visit . They arranged the same driver who picked us from airport for the mini circuit tour for 12$. He was very friendly and guided us to every temple . Angkor is so huge that it's almost impossible to understand and cover the ruins if the driver is not co-operative . I think we were blessed to find such a driver cum guide.
When we returned at 4 P.M , we found that room was allocated to us .
Room is specious with 2 large beds , attached bath ( Geyser did not work) and wardrobes . This is not a luxury room . But should be more than enough for any budget traveller or backpackers . There is no view from the room and there can be mosquitos ( we find mosquito nets at windows) .
Around 5 P.M the room became unbearably hot and we asked to change to an AC room . They informed that there is already AC in our room and it can be activated with 7$/night. We grabbed the offer and AC made the room cool in 15 minutes .
At night we walked to night market and Pub street which took around 15 minutes from the lodge .
Next day at breakfast we were served bread-butter and omelet . This is standard menu everyday . Apart from that there is free tea and coffee available 24 hours at the garden in front of lodge .
Free Wifi is promptly provided . Wifi speed was quite good .
After 1st days's tour and extreme heat we were very tired,cramped and at 2nd day we asked if any tour is available where there is more tuktuk ride and less walking :) . Tuktuk ride was very enjoyable and we were searching for any such tour.
They suggested one such tour where we can go to a temple 37 Km from Siem reap in 25$. We took the offer and went to that temple . While returning back to our surprise our driver told that he will start the Grand circuit tour as it was included on that 25$. He himself encouraged us to visit 3 more temples in grand circuit and we were not disappointed by his choice .
Last day at morning he again dropped us at airport for 5$ .
Overall , the experience was excellent . Hotel stuffs were friendly and effective beyond imagination ( I am from India and I don't expect anything good from any hotel in my own country) and I found it too cheap to be true .
If I need to list drawbacks ,
1. Light in the room is too dim. It should be more brighter .
2. There should be soap in the bathroom .
I will recommend it to anyone who wants a decent stay at cheap price and don't travel with only intention to stay in a luxury hotel .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Garden Lodge & Siem Reap Tours is tropical garden in downtown of Siem Reap with Khmer style furniture, just a simple and peaceful place for your holiday. Closed to Market, Restaurant and Pub Street Area. 10 minutes to Central Market, 15 minutes walking to Old Market, Pub Street, Night Market, Siem Reap River and Artisan D' Angkor. You will enjoy staying in Our Lodge! Free WiFi & Internet 24 Hours Free Pick up Free Breakfast Free Tea & Coffee 24 Hours Free Picnic Box (Minimum 2 Nights Stay). Best regards, Leng Dein ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Agoda, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Palm Garden Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Garden Hotel Siem Reap