“Excellent Service and Great Food!”

Chi Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #8 of 1,155 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$4 - US$35
Description: Chic, timeless and à la mode, Chi redefines indigenous dining to forge an original culinary concept. Our unique presentation of modern Cambodian cuisine celebrates the country's heritage and intriguing cultural influences. Discover an authentic transformation of traditional local flavours - immersing in a richly emotive experience. 'Chi' derives its name from the Khmer word for 'herb' and indigenous herbs and spices are very much the hero here - flourishing in the resort's garden, plucked fresh each day and woven into a thoughtful menu that fuses local sensibility with contemporary artistry. Savour the freshness of cilantro, the zest of lemongrass and the exotic citrus aroma of kaffir limes. Pique your palate with the spicy depths of turmeric and star anise, the peppery taste of galangal and the milder ginger flavour of fingerroot. Relish dishes that perfectly fuse the nutty edge of taro, the intensity of sweet basil and the tart sweetness of tamarind.
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

On our first night in Siem Reap, we searched Trip Advisor to see where we should eat. Chi showed up as number one. We were initially planning to go to the center of town but it was close to our hotel and highly rated. We had our bellman call to be sure there was space and it was in fact quite open. Decor is high end colonial with lots of dark wood and it is a very nice place. The restaurant is located in a fairly small 5 Star hotel.

It’s a white tablecloth type of place but with a large varied menu , Asian and Western and with some good glasses of wine for US $5. The prices are in USD and typically vary from about 10 - 23 bucks with maybe one or two special outliers at higher price points. Kids are half price as they don’t yet have a kids menu.

Afterwards, we all agreed it was a great, even awesome meal.

Special shout out to Thor, who made the evening especially memorable.

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank W1988MKsteves

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Anantara Resort so had breakfast at Chi every morning, but we also had meals there at dinner. Food is lovely as is the service. We had the set menu which was a good choice to try different dishes. Good wine list. Even if you are not staying at the hotel, would still highly recommend.

2  Thank XP-Traveler
Reviewed September 29, 2018

Not only were we staying in a first class resort Anantara,we were also lucky to have Chi restaurant on site and that too was amazing . Many dishes to choose from and excellent cuisine . We had many breakfasts ,lunches and dinners there and enjoyed them all! I would highly recommend the 5 course degustation and the Tom Yan soup ( more than a soup!!) mind you all the menu was excellent!!
We also had perfect service , the staff were very polite and friendly !

2  Thank doreensalmon
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

On a hot night we enjoyed a lovely cocktail while sitting outside next to the water in the courtyard. What a delightful setting to be relaxing in. After a drink we went inside the restaurant where we really enjoyed the scallops and the prawns. The service we received from Srey Rath was wonderful and she made us extremely welcome.

1  Thank jamtarts2
Reviewed September 18, 2018

This place did not disappoint at all! But then I could be jaded as I was staying at the Anatara Angkor resort as well and I'm a fan.
I had the opportunity to eat breakfast here on a daily basis for my week-long stay, as well as dinner a few times.

The service was constantly impeccable. The hosts were knowledgeable about the food they served AND food served elsewhere too (they recommended some other places to us that we went to). Perhaps it was because we were guests, but they weren't afraid to offer up a variety of other places to try as far as local offerings go - from cheap eats to fine dining!

My favorite was the tasting menu. Each offering was lovely and from there I knew that there were dishes I had to order again except I wanted to try other things too! Ah! That was the hard part, deciding on what to order on our following visits!
I still wish I got that entrée of scallops. Alas, we had to leave Siem Reap...

As I'm guessing most are here for the dinner review, I'll leave it at that.
Except to quickly add that the breakfast buffet is really nice too. My favorite is their Khmer omelette!

1  Thank Kumi M