The Siem Reap Chilled Backpacker
US$214
US$145
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
US$177
US$41
US$33
  • Breakfast included
US$161
All reviewschilled hostelfree pool tablefantastic hostelclose to the city centernice poolswimming pooltuk tukpub streetplace to staytwin roomcomfy bedquiet streethot waterafter a long dayclean roomstwo nightswithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a great 3 night stay here. Walking distance to everywhere you need to go in town. Great communal area at the hostel with free pool and good restaurant with cheap food and drinks. Our barman Mom Pisey looked after us throughout our stay and his service was excellent ! Thank you

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Terang N, Manager at The Siem Reap Chilled Backpacker, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear JRowland139,

Greetings from The Siem Reap Chilled Backpaker, a Home of Chilling.

It was our great honor and valued occasion to accommodate you here at the hostel during your trip to Siem Reap.

Thank you very much for your three night stay with us here during the journey to Angkor Wat, the largest religious temple in the world, and thanks for your time to write this candid review to share with other readers in this community.

I am pleased to hear you had a great stay here and loved the aspects we offered and I am delighted to read our barman, MOM PIsey, found offered an excellent service to you. Your wonderful feedback will be shared with the whole team and I am sure they will be thrilled to hear that.

We look for another opportunity to welcome you back in the short future, so our team can look after you once again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We just happened to find this place when we arrived in Siem Reap, and right from the start all of the staff were so friendly and helpful!

The rooms were clean and well equipped - nice bathroom, comfy bed, air con, a fan and a TV. They also have secure storage lockers for your personal belongings.

The pool is a great bonus in this place and has a really relaxed atmosphere with good music. They have a bar that serves food and drink all day with some great happy hour deals!

The bar staff are so friendly and helpful - especially Mom Pisey who was always so helpful and always smiling and happy to see you! He is a great addition to the place and his customer service is amazing!

This hostel is great for single travellers, couples and groups, has a great social atmosphere and we met some amazing people along the way.

We will definitely be coming back in the future, and miss it already!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Greetings from The Siem Reap Chilled Backpaker, a Home of Chilling.

Thank you very much for having chosen our property as your preferred accommodation for the recent journey to Angkor Wat, the largest religious temple in the world, and thanks for your time to write this candid review to share with other readers in this community.

I am pleased to hear you had an amazing experience here loved all the aspects provided; friendly staff, swimming pool, restaurant, nice bathroom storage locker, food and drinks,.... and I am delighted to read our barman, MOM PIsey, found offered an excellent service to you. Your wonderful feedback will be shared with the whole team and I am sure they will be thrilled to hear that.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Does what it says on the name of the hostel!
Clean pool, good food, free pool table, good eclectic range of music to fit the mood of the day.
But the best thing about this hostel is the staff. Very friendly, welcoming and accommodating, with a shine of a sense of humour (not bad at pool either).
Our favourite staff member, Mom Pisey, was extremely helpful, if lacking a bit in English, but that doesn't matter to me when the guy is at your back and call throughout your stay.

Very recommendable! Well done to these hard-working guys!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Acolyte88,

Greetings from The Siem Reap Chilled Backpaker, a Home of Chilling.

I am pleased to hear you found our staff the BESTd and I am delighted to read our barman, MOM PIsey, found offered an excellent service to you. Your wonderful feedback will be shared with the whole team and I am sure they will be thrilled to hear that.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hostel is amazing! The staff are hilarious, helpful and extremely welcoming. I took the bus from Phnom Pehn and arrived at 3am on March 25. As soon as I got to the hostel, the front desk immediately checked to see if my bed was available and it was! I dropped off my bag on my bed and met my friend at 4am in the lobby to take a tuk tuk to Ankor Wat for the sunrise. The same staff person helped explain their tours and we were on our way! After a long day, we came back and booked our bus to Bangkok. Once again the front desk staff were hilarious and booking the bus was a smoothe and easy transaction. After we booked he bus, we used their pool and had some drinks at the bar. That’s where I met Mom Pisey, he was wonderful! Super friendly, accommodating and a great conversationalist. Even sitting alone at the bar while my friend changed he came and kept me company and asked how I liked Cambodia (it’s no secret that I LOVE this country). I told him the people of Cambodia were the reason I want to come back and spend months here! If you’re looking for a place to relax and chill after some busy travel days - this is the hostel to stay! 100% love the staff, the beds are comfy and everyone once again has made me fall in love with this country over again. Highly recommend and will definitely be coming back to stay here and say hi to all the staff, who I now call friends, again next year! Thanks guys for being such a great crew, you sure know how to make a Canadian feel welcomed and loved!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Terang N, Manager at The Siem Reap Chilled Backpacker, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Alexandriasmither,

Greetings from The Siem Reap Chilled Backpacker, Cambodia-Kingdom of Wonder.

It was our great honor and valued occasion to host you here at the hostel.

Thanks for your time to write this wonderful review to share your experience here at The Siem Reap Chilled Backpacker with other Tripadvisor readers .

I am so thrilled to read you found us as an amazing hostel in Siem Reap with hilarious, helpful, and extremely welcoming staff and I am really pleased to hear my team could make you fall in love the Kingdom. Your recognition of my team member, MOM Pisey, and the willingness of return to the hostel are much appreciated. Your candid feedback will be shared with the whole team, and I am sure they are delighted to hear this.

We look for another opportunity to welcome you back to the hostel in the short future and my team can look after you once again.

Terang (Mr.)
thesiemreapchilledbackpacker@gmail.com

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ended up staying here for 6 days. The rooms don't offer too much space but do provide a locker under the beds for your bags. The beds are very noisy with aluminium panels, but are comfy and have a curtain for privacy. The pool is nice and cleaned daily with great bar staff. Especially Mom who looked after us for our entire stay bringing us amazing cocktails and chocolate shakes! He was always friendly and loved speaking and getting to know us, he is a real asset to the staff team here!! Hostel was very relaxing and wasn't noisy but always had stuff to do in the evenings with happy hour and discounted drinks!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Terang N, Manager at The Siem Reap Chilled Backpacker, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ben b,

Greetings from The Siem Reap Chilled Backpacker, a Home more than a Hostel.

It was our great honor and valued occasion to accommodate you here at the hostel during the trip to Siem Reap.

Thank you very much for having chosen our property as your preferred accommodation for the journey to the Land of Smile and thanks for the time to write this candid review of the stay to share with other fellow travelers in this community.

I am thrilled to read you had a really good stay with us at he Siem Reap Chilled Backpacker and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed all aspects, swimming pool, clean room, locations,.... Your recognition of our team, Mr. Mom, is much appreciated and your wonderful feedback will be shared with my whole team and I am sure they will be pleased to hear that.

We look another opportunity to welcome you back to the hostel so our team can look after you once again.

Terang (Mr.)