“Great pool and friendly staff”
Review of My Home Cambodia

My Home Cambodia
Ranked #116 of 304 Speciality Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed 27 March 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at My Home, the staff were extremly helpful and friendly. The pool is the perfect place to relax after walking around the temples. The restraunts and bars are a 5-10 minute walk away but this wasnt an issue. Basic but good free breakfast

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 March 2011

My wife & I stayed here and found the staff so friendly and helpful...from the front office to the tuk-tuk drivers. Whilst a little bit of a walk from Pub Street, we found that the location was quiet and the swimming pool to fall into after a long day exploring ruins was a true luxury for the price. Recommended.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2011

maybe it is an excellent hotel but we had a confirmed reservation by mail and they wanted to send a tuk tuk on arrival, nobody was there and when we arrived the hotel was full and they wanted us to stay in a chinese hotel nearby.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2011

Went to Siem Reap 3 weeks back and booked directly through the manager of this guesthouse. Very friendly and prompt reply to my queries. Even offered free transfer to/from airport but cancel the pickup last minute as my tour guide was there to pick me up.

6 of us into 2 different room, was on different floor as they do not have any more rooms. But the bed combination was weird, 1 room has a single + queen size bed and the other 2 single + 1 mattress. Did not want to be too fussy so did not bother to question them. Paid USD23 for each room/night and considered to be reasonable as breakfast was included. Breakfast was nothing to shout about, choice of egg cooked in a variety of way and bread w/butter and coffee/tea. The toilet door could not be close from the outside and the only way is to close it from inside and lock it with the latch. This is the same for both room.

Free wifi included and there's 2 desktop w/internet access available in the lounge for you to use.

Overall the stay was pleasant and nothing to complain about. For the price paid, it was worth it as we just want a clean and comfortable place to sleep. As for the service, very good. The staffs were very friendly and polite, the rooms were cleaned and tidied everyday and bottled drinks top-up everyday. Only one word to describe their service 'Excellent'.

Remember to bring those liquid electric insect repellent for the room. And do not create noise after 11pm because we were politely told by the staffs that we were making too much noise as we were playing card game. :P

The only bad point is that it's too far from the pub street, walking took us around 20min and the stretch of road leading to the guest house was quite dark with no street lamp. So my advice is to carry a powerful pocket torchlight.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights in December 2010 as this was recommnded by Lonely Planet is 'our choice' in budget hotels. We booked by phone as the website was down and were promised a double room with balcony and air con at 18$ as this was the better option. When we arrived the room was not available - the room we were given was very small at the back of the property near to the toilets and had a tiny bathroom which smelt bad and the toilet seat fell off. No balcony.The sheets on one bed were dirty too.

We complained but no room change was offered. However we were offered the room at 15$ a night and free use of bikes, so a good compromise.

Other than that, the staff were very helpful and and the Guesthouse was a quiet oasis away from the buzz of Siem Reap.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2010

I'm volunteering in Cambodia. I stayed at My Home for my first month here while I got oriented. Highly recommend. The staff was incredibly friendly, and the hotel was always clean and comfortable. ( After hearing experiences from other volunteers at other hotels, I'm even more grateful for that.)

There are good perks for long-term stays, including a price break and free laundry. Scroll down on the accommodations page to see more. I'm staying for several months, so it made economic sense to get an apartment. If I were only here for 2-3 months, I would have stayed here for the entire trip.

I was puzzled by Grogle's "terrible" review, so I re-checked the website's description of accomodations. The website is accurate. There are computers and wifi in the lobby. The wifi is accessible from some of the rooms on the first floor, which is more than what the website commits to. There were 3-4 interruptions in connectivity, usually during rainy season storms and power outages. There was no fridge in my room (nor any promised). The website doesn't mention fridges, but I believe a couple larger rooms may have them. If it's important, send an email and enquire.

The AC felt great after a hot day, and I watched more cable TV than I should have.

The food was good. The free breakfast is basic - eggs, or bread and ham. After a month I was ready for something different. The regular restaurant is good too. I liked the pork with ginger stir fry. I believe the owner's mother does most cooking. I prefer home cooking like this when I can get it.

It's a short walk from the center of town, and the road is rougher after some flooding in an unusually rainy October. If you want to be right on Pub Street, or you don't like to walk more than half a block, you should pick a different place.

I was made to feel at home and comfortable here, and I'll stay here again on my next trip to Siem Reap.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Staff was really helpful and arranged a good tuk tuk driver to Angor Wat. Rooms are clean and ok condition. Lobby is nice and restaurant is lovely, because it is in the garden. We haven' t eat here, so I don' t about food, but breakfast includes.
Not party place, really peaceful atmosphere, so good place to relax. Free internet, not working perfectly, but still ok! Environment is nice too...

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends