Shining Angkor Boutique Hotel
US$49
US$81
US$77
US$46
Golden Temple Hotel(Siem Reap)
US$49
US$168
US$140
US$120
US$117
All reviewstuk tukwooden furniturepub streetswimming poolthe hotel offersmini fridgefirst floorclean roomsbreakfast was includedsmall hotelold marketangkorairportcambodiatourskimguide
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We stayed four nights in this very cosy and clean Hotel. Everything is made with wood inspired by Angkor and you already feel like being in a temple:-)Totally friendly Staff, helpful all the time. They booked the bus for our next trip to Phnom Penh without charging anything (Cat Mekong Express-very good). It's a little outside of Siem Reap but closer to Angkor. If you like to go to the City, it would take you only 5-7 min by bike or less with the Tuk Tuk. The Hotel also has a pool. Breakfast was also fine. Like in every other good Hotel you can hire bikes (2Dollars per Day) and an Tuk Tuk driver for the temple Tours.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Anne S
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I and my girl friend stayed in this cosy and homely feel boutique hotel on 27-29 March 2012. Upon our arrival at the airport in the sunny hot afternoon, we were recieved by a very friendly driver, name Py. His friendly attitute, plus the warm and sincere smile gave me a very good first impression that the Cambodians are warm friendly people. Our enjoyable plus memorable short holiday in Cambodia start from this moment. We were driven to the hotel by a tuk tuk which I initially thought we might be having a hell ride like in one of the neighbouring country. To my surprise, Py is a cautious and patience driver. In our next 2 days in Siam Reap, our journey from point to point were in his safe hands. Big applause to Py, well done!!!

Just as the name implies, we reached Shining Angkor Boutique Hotel which was indeed a shining new boutique hotel in Siem Reap. Its a lovely villa with a quiet atmosphere. Once again, we were warmly welcome by the hotel staffs, start from the security guard at the entrance, some other staffs along the way to the entrance, right to the staffs at the front desk. Everyone was so friendly and their warm welcome made us feel at home.

The front desk staff gave us a simple but message clear briefing on where are the places we should visit, plus all the relevant infomations. He also helped us on the next 2 days travel arrangements, fixing up the early (5am) transportations pick up as me and my beloved girl friend would want to watch the beautiful sunrise at Angkor Wat. We were very pleased and satisfied with all the places we visited and arrangements he made for us, everything were well executed.

First thing caught my attention the moment the room door was opened, was the Jasmine fragrance smell. I love that. The room was classy, big, airy and lofty, traditional, with a large strong wooden carved bed and a balcony. It is also fitted with a TV with cable channels.

We had breakfast at their restaurant twice, which was delicious and very much enjoyable. Great service from their F&B staff, whom as usual, always with a gentle and sweet smile.

Throughout my stay, all the staffs did everything to make us feel at home. Everybody were friendly and helpful.The only regret was we were unable to stay longer as we need to visit another place/country, The City Of Romance, Dalat City, Vietnam.

In Shining Boutique Hotel, you will never be lack of high standard service and warm friendly smile. Its a boutique hotel but with 5 stars hotel service. Thumbs up for the management and all the staffs, well done!!!

HIGHLY RECOMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not hesitate to contact me at naviblue1@hotmail.com shall anyone need any clarification/enquiries.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 7, partly facing the main road. If you prefer a much quieter room, perhaps you should ask for a room at the other far end.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank naviblue
Vannak, Manager at Shining Angkor Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you for your time to write your value recommendation on tripadvisor about our services and staffs. we are happy to see your recommendation and promise to work harder to offer best service to you and our future customers. I and my teams thank you and hope you will come back visit Siem Reap again one day. On behalf of our team, i wish you have a good luck and success in life

Best Regards,
Vannak

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I booked the package 3 nights with Tuk Tuk and one Khymer dinner and one hour Khymer massage (at the Hotel) and Buffet Dinner (excellent) and Apsara Dancing Show and was very pleased. Instead of taking the Tuk Tuk to the town the driver took me again to the tempels (I had asked for it after I made the booking) - at no extra costs (small and large circuit). It is convient located to visit the temples and if have no wish to go out at night (because you would have to take a Tuk Tuk to town (always available).
Yolande (59), Switzerland

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
10  Thank Yolande B
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Our quiet room at the hotel had the usual size with a large wooden carved bed. The staff is friendly and helpful. Due to our schedule we only had breakfast at their restaurant once, which was delicious. It was closed for lunch on another day.

The hotel has a lot of beautiful wood furniture, which is amazing to look at but it can be a bit overwhelming to see it everywhere. They were repairing their swimming pool so we could not use it but it looks new now.

The hotel offers a tuk tuk service to downtown. It takes about 5 to 7 minutes. Please make sure you know where you want to go. We had a bad experience that we wanted to go to another hotel (only 5 minutes away from the hotel) but the tuk tuk driver drove us to a very different hotel towards the airport (which is the opposite direction). At the end the detour took us over 45 minutes and we were very frustrated. A day later the same tuk tuk driver dropped us at a restaurant of our choice without a problem. I hope our bad experience was a single incident.

We choose the hotel because it was between down town and Angkor Wat and it was reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SFOMUC
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I have been in the hotel for six weeks and the stuff did everything to make me feel home. My room got cleaned every day and everybody were friendly and helpful. It is good situated to visit Angkor Wat espacaly if you like to go there for the sunrise or sunset, because it is just a short ride. You get bicycle for fri.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank Anja T
Vannak, General Manager at Shining Angkor Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you for your help to drop your value recommendation on tripadvisor about our services and staffs. we are happy to see your recommendation and promise to work harder to offer best service to you and our future customers. I and my teams thank you and hope you will come back visit Siem Reap again one day. On behalf of our team, i wish you have a good luck and success in life

Best Regards,