All reviews baguette guest house rent a tuk tuk old market place to stay min walk to pub street free bottled water free breakfast toilet paper private room stayed for nights tv mr cambodia dorm balconies soap
Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

Nice little hotel, about 20 mins walk from old market but bike hire available and there's always tuk tuks in the lane wanting customers.
People were friendly and helpful, though when I had a problem with my pick up on the last day, there phone had no credit! Took 10 or 15 minutes to find a solution... Not too professional. I think they were a little unwilling to help as I bought the ticket offsite, not through them (I would have got it cheaper through them and had a reliable drop off).
Private room with private ensuite, painting looked unfinished but clean enough. Brought back fruit from the market but after a 3 hour kip the ants were all over it - don't keep food in your room!
Balconies on each floor are lovely, and breakfast (fruit salad for me) was freshly prepared daily.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Alice W
Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

We crave for authentic local guesthouses everywhere we go, especially in South east Asia, and this one ticks all the boxes. It's run by a lovely family that smileys all time and wants to make sure you are happy. All my emails before booking were replied within 2 hours. the bedroom was huge, clean, with air con, fan, good pressure on the shower and 2 windows.The breakfast was simple but good with a choice of baguette or toast with eggs the way you like it.
It felt comfortable and safe and it was quiet . It definitely had the feel of a guesthouse rather than a hotel, even during breakfast we always end up talking with other travellers which was so good... nowadays with fancier modern hotels even if cheap ones it seems like the atmosphere isn't there to say hello to everyone else but at Bun Kao it was perfect.
There are hotels with swimming pools nearby where they let you in if you buy some food. It's 15 min walk to Pub street or $2 on a tuktuk. Speaking of tuk tuk: Mr Khunna that works with Bun Kao was amazing! So patient, me and my husband were very slow at the temples and he waited patiently for HOURS and even took us to a good food stall within our budget ($4 total ....). We stayed for 5 nights and were sad to leave.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Isabel R
Reviewed February 28, 2017 via mobile

Super friendly, helpful staff. Clean rooms and comfy beds. Good and cheap breakfast. Great wifi! We stayed for 3 nights more than planned. Only thing that wasn't great was that there wern't always hot water in the shower. Otherwise good and affordable. Would come back

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2017

I stayed for one week at Bun Kao Guesthouse and would definitely stay there again. The Guesthouse is not new nor fancy but there is a very nice atmosphere due to to really nice owner family! They provide great service - we booked our TukTuk through them and spend two days with the (lovely) driver Mr. Khunna in Angkor park. The breakfast (was included in my room rate) was not elaborate but seriously, the omlet was one of the best I ever had in Asia!! A great asset is the common space on the balconies on 1st and 2nd floor, you can even watch the sun go down from there. They don't serve food at Bun Kao Guesthouse but there is a nice khmer restaurant/cafe next to it where I often enjoyed lunch, dinner or a drink. I stayed at a single room with fan and private bathroom on the 2nd floor, it was not fancy but I had everything I needed. My friend stayed at a twin room on the same floor, his room was spacious and probably newly renovated. The Guesthouse is situated at the end of a small quiet lane surrounded by other guesthouses, it takes you about 10 minutes to walk into the busy city center around Pub Street. I so enjoyed staying there and can wholeheartedly recommend it to those who are looking for a simple, quiet and nice place with family atmosphere and a great value for money.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed November 23, 2016

It's a guest house but it feels like home staying with the family. Very friendly staff/family and really tries to answer to the guest needs and wants.. well connected with very good services for tourists such as guides, vehicles, etc

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business