All reviews baguette guest house rent a tuk tuk old market place to stay min walk to pub street free bottled water free breakfast toilet paper private room stayed for nights tv mr cambodia dorm balconies soap
Reviewed September 4, 2017

I stayed at Bun Kao Guesthouse for 5 days and I am very pleased with the guesthouse. There was an airport pick up at Siem Reap airport which sent us directly to Bun Kao guesthouse. The journey was comfortable and fast. The room was clean and tidy. Shower heater and water were working very well. Every morning, they provide breakfast which includes eggs, bread, some fruit, and coffee. You may also choose to dine in the guesthouse. The food was delicious and affordable.

The location is also convenient to the old market and pub street. Tuk Tuk is available right outside the guesthouse. Most driver knows this guesthouse, so no issue with coming back late at night. Wifi is also very strong, no problem. Mr Bun Kao and his family are very friendly so they are willing to assist you when you have any questions. I will definitely come back here when i visit Siem Reap.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2017

This place is charming! Such a beautiful building and it is clean! The people working there are very helpful to arrange things and give local tips while there. Also they arranged for someone to pick us up from the airport beforehand.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank tiffp1
Reviewed May 2, 2017

when I stay here during the Cambodian new year it was great service it is good always welcome and we are feeling like our home the owner and his family is very friendly, I would like to recommend this place to everyone, please come here

Room Tip: very good room and clean
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

Nice little hotel, about 20 mins walk from old market but bike hire available and there's always tuk tuks in the lane wanting customers.
People were friendly and helpful, though when I had a problem with my pick up on the last day, there phone had no credit! Took 10 or 15 minutes to find a solution... Not too professional. I think they were a little unwilling to help as I bought the ticket offsite, not through them (I would have got it cheaper through them and had a reliable drop off).
Private room with private ensuite, painting looked unfinished but clean enough. Brought back fruit from the market but after a 3 hour kip the ants were all over it - don't keep food in your room!
Balconies on each floor are lovely, and breakfast (fruit salad for me) was freshly prepared daily.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Alice W
Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

We crave for authentic local guesthouses everywhere we go, especially in South east Asia, and this one ticks all the boxes. It's run by a lovely family that smileys all time and wants to make sure you are happy. All my emails before booking were replied within 2 hours. the bedroom was huge, clean, with air con, fan, good pressure on the shower and 2 windows.The breakfast was simple but good with a choice of baguette or toast with eggs the way you like it.
It felt comfortable and safe and it was quiet . It definitely had the feel of a guesthouse rather than a hotel, even during breakfast we always end up talking with other travellers which was so good... nowadays with fancier modern hotels even if cheap ones it seems like the atmosphere isn't there to say hello to everyone else but at Bun Kao it was perfect.
There are hotels with swimming pools nearby where they let you in if you buy some food. It's 15 min walk to Pub street or $2 on a tuktuk. Speaking of tuk tuk: Mr Khunna that works with Bun Kao was amazing! So patient, me and my husband were very slow at the temples and he waited patiently for HOURS and even took us to a good food stall within our budget ($4 total ....). We stayed for 5 nights and were sad to leave.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple