“Cheap and tasty”

Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Cambodian, Chinese
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Khmer Idea Restaurant is conveniently located on the center of Pub Street. We serve many local Cambodians foods, as well as Chinese and Western foods. We have an open air restaurant with comfortable cushioned seating on the main floor. We also have a newly remodeled 2nd floor over with balcony seating great for viewing Pub Street. Our wine selection includes wines from three continents. Our beer selection includes many domestic and imported beers. We look forward to serving you while you visit Angkor Wat and Siem Reap.
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in here for lunch with our boys on our last day in Siem Reap. I ordered the Khmer
green curry (chicken) my Partner ordered the Sour soup and our boys ordered the BLT and Chicken Pizza. My Curry was SO tasty but unfortunately my Partners Sour soup had coriander all through it so we swapped, I found the soup enjoyable. Our boys liked their meals and the service was friendly. I will be back and will order the curry again.

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

It's a tiny restaurant in the middle of pub street, however with a nice clean and fresh looking interior. We decided for traditional khmer kitchen - stir fried chicken spicy and beef lok lak. Both meals were very tasty and fresh and also came in a decent portion. The prices are affordable (there are also some "promoted meals" which are a bit cheaper than normally).

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our lunch here with good prices for great khmer food. Loved my red Thai curry. Had pumpkin making it creamy! A lot of veggies. Tasted fresh. Other friends enjoyed theirs also an amok curry and pumpkin stirfy.

Reviewed June 30, 2018

We visited for lunch in June. My friend ordered fried rice and I ordered a prawn salad. Both meals were fresh and tasty.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

On Pub Street so it’s hard to distinguish from the dozens of other restaurants within a few meters. Vegan friendly and the fresh spring rolls were great. The peanut sauce isn’t Thai style but lighter, like a sweet vinegar with peanut pieces. Delicious.
Foods made bland unless you request spicy and even then not like street vendors. But really good.
It has a western food, including salads, section for those wanting a steak or burger. I’m glad I stopped.

Date of visit: June 2018