See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed here twice now and both times loved it. A short walk to the main strip with all the restaurants, bars, etc. yet down a relatively quiet side street so no noise when you retire. Free wifi in the room with a strong signal is a huge plus. My bed was comfortable and air was strong which is a relief in the heat of May, I had to turn the temperature up so it wasn't too cold! Decent choice of cable channels too if you need to switch on the tv.
Free breakfast covers the basics - scrambled eggs (protein) CHECK, couple slices of bread (carbs) CHECK, slather on the real butter (fats) and jelly (YUM) and I was ready to head out for the day.
Staff was friendly (if not a little shy for one of the girls) and the young guy Suang Sa-pia (best I can spell it) spoke good english and always with a smile.
If you're looking for a good location at a cheap price yet clean, value free wifi and a decent free breakfast then I don't think you'll beat IM Malis.

Room tip: Streetside rooms have windows and view, other rooms no window but was no bother to me. No elevator so request the first floor up if you don't like stairs.
Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We love staying here, we stayed 5 nights but wish we can stay longer. The staffs are so nice and helpful. They helped us with whatever we asked or wanted to know. The young manager (Sovann) is so nice, so friendly, spend time talking, helping with arranging tours , trips or even where we want to go to eat.
I love cold water when come back from the heat outside but this hotel HAS HOT WATER all the time and i was a bit fed up about it.
The wifi in the room are very good compare with other hotels (some places were so weak we had to go down to the lobby to use our phone, no privacy at all...)
We will come back here for sure as the service is second to none. We definitely recommend this hotel to all travelers, tourists...
Miss Im malis, miss Siem Reap already...See you all again very soon...

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014

very close to all accommodation like restaurant, laundry bus station not far away of Angkor vat
Very nice vue from the window, the electricity and the wi fi works very well. Always hot water in the shower and its very cheap.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

My trip to Siem Reap would be wonderful, had I NOT stayed at this hotel. I booked Im Malis on Agoda because of its location, and it's the only good point that I awarded 1 star.
After booking, I dropped mail to the hotel immediately to ask for confirmation of airport pick-up, it went unanswered. I continued to send reminder email, they did not bother to read and reply me at all.
Upon arrival at the hotel, we were told that there were NO available rooms for us, what??? We were sent to another hotel which is low standard, smelly, wet, dirty, farther and weak wifi signal to stay that night.
The next day, we were back to stay at Im Malis, it was not better though. Mosquitos (big ones) were all around. Both rooms I booked had problems with hot shower. The water did not come out. Staff said they would send someone to fix, and it would be ok in 15 mins. I waited for more than 1 hour, still not fixed. They opened another room for me to take bath, but the water also stopped in the middle....When I came to complain at the reception desk again, I saw another traveler having the same problem with no water in his room.
Staff in general speaks little English, the girl in the morning is rude, shows her displeasured face whenever I complained. The boys only knew saying sorry while trying to be nice by giggling.
All in all, stay away from this hotel. Of all hotels I've stayed in Cambodia, this is the worst. Will never ever recommend this to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank pq_anh
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We booked to stay here for 2 nights and ended up staying for 4, such great service and comfort.
Location: 5 mins walk to night markets and pubs/restaurants. Area was pleasant and it's a nice walk. Did not feel unsafe.
Room: we stayed in basic double. No outside window but fantastic for price.... Bed is the comfiest we have found with big thick, soft cotton duvet and good pillows. Air con was good, and the shower was much more powerful than normal budget hotel and had hot water.
Breakfast: great free breakfast - unlimited filter coffee (self serve), choice of Asian or continental breakfast. We only tried the continental which was toast and choice of eggs followed by a banana plate. The Asian option included soup and a few other things. The eggs were thoroughly cooked (unusual in my experience of Asia hotels).
On the day when we went to Angkor for sunrise they were happy to pack breakfast up for us to take on the trip.
Service: staff all went out of their way to be polite and helpful. They gave us map of town as soon as we arrived and explained their tour options for the temples. They were not pushy just informative, so we bought from them the next day. Be aware however if you take a tuk tuk the driver is not likely to speak good English and will just drop you at various temples and wait - nothing more. Don't expect a guide like service or any explanation about temples.
On our day of departure we planned to take a 7am bus checkout out early morning and said goodbyes, however as it turned out that bus was full and we had to book for the later 12.30 bus. When we arrived back to hotel to wait, the manager was kind enough to give us our room key back and prepare us breakfast, which made the wait painless. Really nice service.
Highly recommend this hotel, great value place to stay in Seim reap!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple