“Nice experience of a different kind”
Review of Haven - MOVED

Haven
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Cambodian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An oasis for our guests and a safe place for our «family», the trainees and staff. Located in the heart of Siem Reap, but away from the hustle and bustle of Pub Street, we offer you a beautiful haven to relax and indulge. While enjoying a dish from our special selection of flavourful Asian and Western food – including some Swiss specialties and many fresh vegetarian tidbits – you are supporting our training programme and are thereby helping disadvantaged young adults to achieve a secure and independent future.
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Had dinner there after somebody recommended and the service and food were top. Prices are a bid higher than other places, but if you see the kitchen, you think you are in top western restaurant and not a 3rd world country. A great way to train local students what western tourists expect, in terms of tidyness and qualty. Well done team.

HavenCambodia, Owner at Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

We're so happy we could enable you to this nice experience and that you enjoyed it so much. And I look forward to pass on your compliment to the whole team! Thank you for your support!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I went to this restaurant to support Sara and Paul with this fantastic initiative and due to the positive ratings on Trip Advisor.
I was not disappointed. The food was AMAZING. I have been in Siem Reap for 2 weeks now and this was the best food I've had so far!
The vegetable tempura was light and delicious. The Beef Lok Lak (Cambodian dish) was very tasty and you could tell that only the most fresh vegetables and best cut of meat was used.
If I had not known beforehand I would never have guessed that this was a restaurant with trainees. I received the best service that I have encountered since being in Cambodia.
A wonderful meal - I will certainly go back again and encourage you to do so too!

HavenCambodia, Owner at Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

I feel like I'm in heaven, after reading your review. Not many travelers stay this long in Siem Reap, so being said to have the best food so far is just: WooHoo!!! And the compliments to our trainees raise a loud: Yay!!! Thanks so much for that and hope to see you very soon again!

Reviewed 8 April 2012

What a fantastic idea to train and help those who need it.
The food is beyond belief, especially the local Khymer Food.
The service is amazing and you know it's also going to a good cause, which is training good young adults who grew up in orphanages.
I HIGHLY recommend it!

HavenCambodia, Owner at Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review and for recommending us. So happy you like the idea/concept of our training restaurant and that you so greatly support it. Yes, we really do have amazing guests!

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Wow, just got back, 08 April 2012, what a place. Amazing food, and such a good idea. Yes it's slightly more than the average place on pub street by so, so worth every penny. Let's not forget your paying $5 US for a main course that back in Europe would set you back £10-15!!!! It's worth the exstra $2.50, trust me. They train young people who have come to the age of leaving an orphanage, so give them the skills to work both front and back of house. Staff are amazing, please take the time to find his place, it's amazing.

HavenCambodia, Owner at Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Wow, being considered THE place to go to, if you only go to one place is a massive big compliment. We're so happy you enjoyed our food, our trainees/staff efforts and our concept and send a big Thank You your way.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We loved Haven and had both a lunch and dinner at this great training restaurant during our stay in Siem Reap. It has a simple menu with both Cambodian and Western options. Very convenient to Pub street and all the markets.
Food is well presented and it was very reassuring to see the very hygienic kitchen in operation. Well worth a visit

HavenCambodia, Owner at Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you very much for your lovely review. Having guests return to HAVEN for another meal is always the biggest compliment for us. So thank you for your kindness and support.