Open today: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Ways to Experience Angkor Wat
from US$19.00
from US$26.00
from US$45.00
from US$59.00
29,801 results
All reviews bucket list day pass tuk tuk the sun rise main temple awe inspiring once in a lifetime take your time amazing temple tour guide avoid the crowds three days sunrise angkor tourists cambodia wat
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

The overwhelming number of reviews focus on this incredible archaeological site. I am now 61 and in good health other 5han being a bit undertall for my weight with the usual aches and pains that come with this. My wife had the second knee replacement operation at the start of 2018.
It saddens me to say that I suspect this will be the only visit I make here. A significant level of physical fitness is required to get round as the ground is very uneven with lots of steps - usually only a few at a time- but in very quick succession. It is invariably humid with a temperature in the low 30’s. This rapidly gets very tiring especially if one starts at sunrise.
We were on an organised tour and had a half day then a full day at the site. If you can go for 3 days as both of us were utterly exhausted by the end . This was very much at the extreme end of both our physical capability.
Tickets are bought in town, some 3 mikes from the front gate. You can’t buy them on site. Current rates are US $ 37 for 1 day, $ 62 for any 3 in a 10 day window and $ 72 for 7 days ? Validity. Your photo appears on the ticket which you keep on a lanyard. Checks are common with a $100 fine if you are caught without a valid pass.
Car parks rather chaotic though you may prefer to come by one of the large number of tuc tucs. Lots of street hawkers - many of them children - offering all and sundry ‘ One dollar - two for one dollar’ is probably all the English they know.
There are numerous clean western style toilets - admission free with site ticket otherwise 2000 R ( 50 US. Cents) . There are also numerous cafes and restaurants serving good food at slightly more than you would pay in town.
This is the largest temple complex in the world- allow lots of time not least because of the ambient conditions. You will almost certainly need transport between each temple as well as to and from town.
There are numerous monkeys in the grounds attracted by human picnics in particular. They would like you to donate yours and are not averse go robbery with violence if you are less minded. Treat them with respect at a distance and be warned.
I travelled a very long way to see Angkor Wat. I was not disappointed. Yes it is expensive but this is a world class site that will keep you busy for 3 days with ease. The upkeep and restoration costs must be huge so i don’t object to this fee ( although I loathe the $2 compulsory charitable donation included in the price : charity should always be voluntary on the part of the donor).
Enjoy.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Everyone who visits siem reap is only coming for this. Pure magic. We went 8:15 in the morning and it was already full. Be prepared for the big Chinese groups who have the tour guide shouting through a microphone to everyone. Killed the vibe a bit. But just walked where no one is and you have spots for yourself. We passed it at 1:30pm again and it was so much leas crowded it you have the heat. Be aware of monkeys as well.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

You you are coming to see the temples in Siem Reap you must pay for the sunrise tour. It is breathtaking to watch the sun come up over the temple. The best idea is to get your tickets at the gate the day before between 5 and 5:30 so you can skip the line in the morning and get the best spot in-front of the pond.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Not a fan of tourist areas but angkor wat is an exemption just amazing we went for the sunrise trip it was very busy but upon walking youll just be amazed on how this wonderful creations are. It was inspired by the indians and the history was interesting. Would recommend to skip watching the sunrise and go directly to the temples so you wont get caught with a lot of people.

Reviewed yesterday

I'm not sure seeing the sun rise was a must-do. But the Temple is less crowded first thing in the morning, and it's always hot and humid in Cambodia. We had a guide provided by our hotel, $35 for about four hours and two temples.

1  Thank obsoperator
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

This place has been on my wishing list for many years, and I was definately not dissapointed. We bought our 3 day pass the day before our fist visit which was for the sunrise. Unfortunately we did not have a good sunrise but at least we had the place almost to ourselves to photograph in the golden hour. The temple is the finest example of Ankorian art and architecture

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Coming at the start of rainy season maybe a bad idea. But if you lucky enough, you'll get less crowded. It was a bit rainy when I came there. But the rest of the day was fine. Definitely one of the best site I've ever reach.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

My husband and I spent 2 full days exploring the temples of Angkor Wat and while it was exhausting, we loved every minute. We hired a guide to take us around each day since it wasn’t too expensive and I’m so glad we did. There was so much we would have never known or seen without him taking us around. Tip: if you go to watch the sunrise, watch it from the stairs across from the temple. Tourists flood inside the temple, but you’ll get the best pictures looking at it from the outside.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Went to the temple for the sunrise - there was about a 1000 people there, which is the usual crowd. Once the sun comes up, most disappear for breakfast, leaving you to explore the temple without the crowds. A very historical place, and getting a good tour guide is worth it to make sure you understand the history of the temple (and Cambodia more generally).

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

What can one say it's amazing and justifies all the hype ....
Had a great 8 hr long day seeing all the temples definitely one to do and not off your bucket list ..lol