“Dawn at Angkor Wat”
Review of Angkor Wat

Ranked #2 of 201 things to do in Siem Reap
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you can go in the East gate. It is the 'back' entrance so not too busy. A great way of avoiding the crowds entering from the west gate.
Catching the sunlight come up behind the temple is amazing.
What can I say that probably hasn't been said a million times before. You just have to go and see it for yourself!

Write a ReviewReviews (41,321)
All reviews
in 3,326 reviews
"wat"
in 1,672 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wow! If you read the other reviews there are lots of good information. I'll add my two cents where it might be helpful. Definitely hire an approved guide as you will not only learn something even if you've read extensively about Angkor Wat but you also get to go to a few places that were off limits to the general public. The best thing about our tour guide was he took all the pictures for us so we didn't have to fight the selfie stick or leave someone out. That in and of itself was worth the full $15 guide fee. Obviously bring lots of water as it's an open expansive place and very hot during the day. For some reason throughout Cambodia no one wanted to take wrinkled or worn US dollars, make sure you have some crisp money as that will be happily accepted. Now just enjoy this beautiful UNESCO world heritage site! A can't miss site for any World Traveler.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife, 12 year old and I went by cycling tour which allowed us to cycle along the wall of the moat and around the site which other vehicles cannot reach. I will be back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visit Angkor Wat was my dream since 2005. I have to wait for.12 years to make it. The temple is so huge and amazing. Wake up early for sunrise was amazing.
be prepared for some tourists who don"t care and less tolerant to others. Some very steep stairs should also be considered..other than that, It is extra ordinary amazing

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Fully understand the awe friends expressed who visited before me. Absolutely amazing construction for such an ancient time. At sunset this place is truly beautiful! Vichet our guide knew just when to visit to avoid the crowds and allow us to absorb the beauty! We also entered from the west gate and headed toward the east, to beat the crowd and view the sunset!