“Great stay! ”
Review of maison557

maison557
Ranked #11 of 501 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at Maison 557, the rooms and the grounds were lovely, my brother and I stayed in the Loft suite which was very spacious and homely- also well air conditioned and good access to wifi. Breakfast was delicious, and the team led by Denise were very accommodating. Would highly recommend staying here!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Olivia D
There are newer reviews for maison557

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Absolutely loved our 6 night stay at maison. Denise and all the team were wonderful. The room was very stylish and the gardens round the pool were beautiful. Staff were very helpful arranging tuk tuks and offering reccomendations. Breakfast was delicious and very filling. All in all it was a lovely place to stay. Very relaxing and great attention to detail from the room decorations to the fantastic toiletries. Amazing value too. Cannot recommend highly enough. Loved it and did not want to leave!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Having stayed in a number of hotels in Siem Reap, I have the experience to compare different hotel offerings at a variety of rates. Maison 557 is a small hotel that seems much larger than its actual size with a couple of buildings lining courtyards and pools, all lushly landscaped and well maintained (a shout out to the hard working gardener). A small staff is led by the effervescent and always available Denise who seems to work around the clock. Honestly, I don’t know how the place could operate without her as she’s a wealth of information, perfect recommendations and great warmth. The rest of the staff, perhaps due to lesser English skills remain for the most part, in the background as supporting characters altho always smiling and cheery. Even with the English language deficit, I realized that true hospitality can transcend language and I always felt welcomed and appreciated.
My room was a good size and standard, with interesting neo-Cambodian décor and lighting altho not without some quirky aspects which might be problematic for some. The bathroom was large and open with a toilet in a small separate room but without a door which most westerners would not find particularly comfortable. The large double sinks were stunning to look at but had almost no counter to lay anything out. And one could not leave the room and keep the drape closed over the fully glass entry door so that felt a bit vulnerable to me.
I did appreciate the large comfortable bed and powerful AC (always switched off when out) which cooled quickly, decent hot water pressure in the open shower and overall cleanliness. The breakfast I found to be large but too carb heavy, and was always the same but not always consistent- no fruit one day, no toast with the eggs another. I didn’t expect perfection so accepted the inconsistencies as life in Cambodia altho the sameness was a disappointment.
I enjoyed my stay and missed Maison 557 so much that after I departed, I returned later to see the staff again and fill them in on my latest adventures. Everyone was happy to see me and I them.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

We chose maison 557 over 'posh' hotels and are so pleased we did. Denise and her team run a wonderful operation, it was so nice to stay somewhere friendly and informative about the town. The rooms are great value and breakfast very good. Denise arranged trips, deliveries and lots of great conversation. We loved it and recommend it to everyone.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2017

What an amazing property in an amazing city. From the start communication with the English owner was excellent and she continued to be very friendly and helpful during our stay. She kindly allowed us to check in very early at around 9am which was much appreciated after an overnight flight.
Wat Bo street is fairly busy with tuk tuks constantly zipping past, but once you step inside the gate of Maison you are instantly in a tranquil tropical paradise. The pool area is very inviting and was a refreshing place to cool off after a hot day exploring temples. The room was huge, luxurious and just a nice place to be, with a huge separate bathroom. I am a light sleeper, but never heard a sound from within or outside the property. I think there are only 4 rooms & during our 4 night stay we only ever saw 1 ever guest briefly 1 afternoon, so very private. The location itself is excellent, maybe a 2 or 3 min walk to the river & then another 2 or 3 min walk along the river before you reach the start of Pub street, so close enough to be an easy walk, but far enough away to be quiet. The little cafe right next door, Artillery, does an excellent ice coffee or fruit smoothie, there is also a nice french bakery 1 min walk away and some other nice cafes and restaurant before you get to Pub st. We loved our stay at Maison and will definitely stay again if/when we return to Siem Reap

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2017

We stayed as a family and were appointed 2 tastefully designed rooms facing the pool with a connecting porch. I love the outdoor shower, the intimacy of the space with just 4 rooms in the pool area.

I had a relaxing time and I appreciate the simple touches such as the netted windows to prevent mosquitoes while keeping the air into the room.

The location is very central and only a short walk from the old market. The rooms are very quiet despite its central location.

I slept with the air-con on the 1st night on a January and it was cold. I wish they provide a thicker duvet - I had to ask for a blanket on the second night. The mosquito net in the room wasn't big enough for the bed.

The breakfast was very generous and the staff helpful to arrange an Angkor tour and provide directions in the town.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back near the pool furthest away from the reception has weak (almost no) wifi but more...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2017

Perfect location. Just a short walk away from all the restaurants, pubs, markets in Siem Reap. Maisson557 is quaint guest house with the personal touch. It felt like we were visiting a cousin who handed over the keys to her home. The breakfast was perfect. We had a sunrise tour, left the hotel before 5 am and they staff had a boxed breakfast prepared for us. Tuk tuk drivers and guides were arranged upon request, and they were individuals the owners of the guest house trust (one snafu, the tuk tuk drive slept in on the morning of our sunrise tour, but no worries as we just grab another). The manager did a great job giving us advice on what to see and when.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple