“Great Veggie Tapas and Friendly Service”
Review of Marum

Marum
Ranked #66 of 1,066 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Cambodian, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Marum features a winning mix of creative local cuisine, and is named after the Moringa, or 'Tree of life' - very appropriate, as customers will be enjoying a fantastic dining experience that helps build a new life for the students in training there!
Reviewed July 22, 2016

I ordered two tapas plates for 1 person. It was more than enough food (ideally you want 3 tapas split between 2 people). This is maybe the only restaurant in Siem Reap where the waiters have actually refilled my water glass without me asking, so the service is really on top of their game. It's a training restaurant so there are lots of teachers and students around. The students' English isn't always so good, but the teachers are there to support them. My meal was really good as well. Great veggie options. The presentation was beautiful for particularly one of my dishes. I definitely recommend visiting in Siem Reap.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,844)

Reviewed July 21, 2016

What a memorable dinner! First of all, the food is fantastic. Perfect mix of "North American" favourites, traditional Khmer with a twist and other Asian style foods. The service was very attentive and you can't go wrong with the price. Everything we had was top notch. The decor is always colourful and cheerful. We also ate at their other restaurant at Phnom Penh and it didn't disappoint. I felt good that we could support such a worthwhile cause too.

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

Great food. Extremely tasty. All courses where perfect. The service was good. A lot of teachers and some students for service. We loved it.
For Cambodia the price is high, but worth it. We paid 15us$ pp for the extended menu and 2 $ for a drink.
Definitely worth coming back!

Reviewed July 18, 2016

Delicious and very fresh produce, unique fusion of flavours and combinations and the restaurant is also an adjacency to a womens craft centre which raises funds for women in need!

Reviewed July 18, 2016

I visited this restaurant five times in a row and enjoyed many meals especially Amok. I have been here on three occasions previously. I would just emphasise that I feel it is important that the training and public good aspect of this restaurant continue to be emphasised.