“If you want to go to Siem Reap, chose Kim Dhara!”

Khims Angkor Tuk Tuk Service - Private Day Tours
Ranked #553 of 980 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: I live in Siem Reap (the town close to the Angkor temples – and probably the town you will be staying in for your visit). I therefore know this area very well. And I speak good English (and Cambodian, of course).I have been a tuk-tuk and A/C Car driver tour package service for 8 years and in that time have done hundreds of tours to Angkor Wat and the surrounding Angkor temples. There are over 100 temples and monuments from the Angkor period (covering 3000 square kilometres) around Siem Reap. Luckily a number of the best ones are reasonably close together, meaning you can see anywhere between 5-15 of these over a period of 1, 2 or 3 days (or even longer, if you have time) with the help of some transport.I tailor trips to suit your schedule and interests, but everyone does the highlight of this area – a trip to Angkor Wat, the most famous and impressive temple here (and possibly worldwide). A day-trip to this temple and the surrounding ones will give you a great introduction to the amazing architecture and culture that flourished in this country between the 9th and 14th centuries AD. If you have more than one day, there are plenty more temples to see – and other attractions.Siem Reap and Angkor are great places to use tuk-tuks (unlike, say Bangkok), because the distances between the temples are large (several kilometres sometimes, so it can get exhausting if you opt to cycle and then need some more energy to climb up and down the temples, pretending to be Indiana Jones!). Also, the roads here are in good condition – straight and flat. And the breeze from driving along keeps you cool (it gets hot here). Much better than being stuck on a tour bus. Also, there is little traffic on the roads between the temples. So, if you have never been on a tuk-tuk, this is the place to try it!I’ll drop you off at the best temples, you take as long or as short a time as you want at each one and I’ll be waiting for you at the entrance to take you to the next one. It’s that simple.- ITINERARIES AND COSTS:I’ve included some example itineraries and costs below, but basically trips get tailored to what YOU want to do and see. And WHEN (you might want a late start for example, or see sunrise). Of course I can suggest what would be good to do and see if you are not sure (as I’ve done below). Basically, a day of my tuk-tuk services would cost between $15-$28 and would last up to around 8 hours. Journeys involving temples that are much further away cost more because of the additional petrol costs. A day-trip to Angkor Wat and nearby temples would be just $15. I would suggest you do that first and if you enjoy the day, you could decide what you want to do the next day (if you have time).Possible itineraries and costs (for visitors to Siem Reap who have between 1 and 3 days to explore Angkor Wat and the surrounding Angkor temples and attractions):Day 1: After your breakfast I’ll meet you at your accommodation and will take you to visit the South Gate of Angkor Thom, the Bayon complex, the Elephant Terrace, and the Terrace of the Leper King. We’ll visit Baphoun and Phimean Akas temples also. Then onwards to see the famous Ta Prohm temple (also known as the Tomb Raider Temple, with huge trees growing over ancient temple walls). After a busy few hours in the morning we’ll have lunch at a local restaurant. In the afternoon we’ll visit the world famous Angkor Wat temple. It really is amazing! Explore the temple at your own pace before later enjoying the sunset on the top of the Bakheng Hill. Then it’s back to your hotel, guesthouse or hostel.Day 2: Starting early morning we’ll head back to Angkor Wat for sunrise. After a bit of breakfast we’ll then drive to visit one of the unique, further away temples (about 37km from Siem Reap town) called Banteay Srei (made of soft pink sandstone), followed by the Cambodian Landmine museum (for an insight into some more modern-day Cambodian history) and then the Angkor temple of Banteay Samre. Time for a break and lunch at a local restaurant. After that, time to explore the temples of the Big Circuit: Preak Khan, Neak Pean, Ta Som, East Mebon and Pre Rup temples. Then back to your accommodation.Day 3: After breakfast we will explore the Rolous Group; Lolei, Preak Ko and Bakong temples. Then back to Siem Reap for lunch. By now you may start to be getting “templed-out”, so we’ll do something a bit different in the afternoon – taking a trip to the Floating Village on the Great Lake of Cambodia to see people, schools, hospitals, communities, fish and crocodile farms, workshops and more – a glimpse at authentic modern-day Cambodia basically.The above are just example itineraries and can easily be changed to suit your interests and needs – just let me know what you want to do – it’s your holiday after all.
Reviewed December 19, 2014

My husband and i stayed at siem reap in may of 2013.our driver was Kim, he is a very good guide, knows a lot about siem reap and is very freandly and awesome. If i ever return i will go again with kim.
Mi marido y yo fuimos en mayo de 2013, en nuestra luna de mil.nuestro guía kim fue muy atento y amable. Descubrimos lugares recónditos. Totalmente recomendable

Date of experience: May 2014

Reviewed November 14, 2014

We got Khim Dara thru Tripadvisor as we are looking for a very practical way to tour around temples of Siem Reap. Based from the reviews, we coordinate with him by email and he replies fast. Booked his 3-wholeday itinerary and charged us $110 for us 2 already (2days tuktuk / 1day car), which is cheap and good enough to visit many temples and appreciate the place. He's a tuktuk driver and not a tour guide by the way, but he would suggest places to visit and restaurants to eat. Always punctual. He is very caring as we have enough cold water and disposable towels during tours as complimentary. We felt safe with Khim during our stay. Get him for a more relaxed tour around Siem Reap.

Date of experience: November 2014
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Huge thanks to Khim Dara for showing us around the amazing Siem Reap on our 3-day tour. Though he’s a tuktuk driver and not a tour guide, he suggested / planned our itinerary (but not pushy) and he happily gave us some introduction to the temples and Khmer culture. He was our photographer too! :) He's a nice guy, made sure of our safety as we’re all ladies. Always ready to go the extra mile for his clients. Prompt and accommodating to our requests even on the last minute. We highly recommend him!!!

Date of experience: August 2014
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I really enjoyed the level of service of Dara and he was kind enough to share with me the best things about the city and its surroundings. He was the main reason my stay in Siem Reap was really enjoyable. Don't hesitate to ask him what are your preferences and enjoy the ride!

Date of experience: December 2013