Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Sombai
from US$5.00
More Info
from US$25.00
More Info
All reviews hand painted bottles rice wine great gifts kampot pepper free tasting tasting room tasting session vespa tour tuk tuk fun tasting banana cinnamon foodie tour bought several fermentation process sized bottles great place to spend an hour evening food tour
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Did this tour on my last day there and it was awesome! It ran about an hour and they show you how the rice wine is made and all the flavors and then the best part, a tasting! Not only do you taste about 10 different flavors but they also have jams they make and you’ll get a a tasting too! They have several sizes to purchase so if you only have a carry on like I did, they have the perfect sizes for that and I didn’t get questioned at any airport about them :)

1  Thank Mia R
Reviewed March 30, 2018

Sombai is one of the creative and successful business ventures to have come out of Siem Reap this decade. Sombai infused rice spirit. which has arguably has become the must-buy Siem Reap souvenir.

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

The fruit infused rice wine had some interesting combinations. I picked up the cinnamon banana for myself. I was served a small amount of each of their different flavors and even given some crackers to sample the various jams. Was a fun experience and something different than the usual temple tours.

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have just visited Sombai and it was a lovely experience. Our tuk tuk driver had to look at a map on our phones and still didn’t seem incredibly confident about the ease of finding the location but in the end we rode straight to Sombai without any problem at all. We had a lovely host who allowed us to taste all of the different varieties of liqueurs and jams. The painted bottles make great souvenirs of the nice experience we had during our tasting session. We were fortunate enough to have the place all to ourselves for our tasting session and had a lovely chat with the host.

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

This shop was slightly challenging to find but with a few stops for directions, our tuk-tuk driver got there relatively quickly. Tucked in a small side street, this quiet shop offers tastings and sales of Sraa, local rice wine. What makes it special are two things - the sraa is creatively infused with a wide variety of interesting flavors (I think 13) such as banana, cinnamon, anise, lemongrass, coffee, pepper, and numerous others and combinations thereof. Sraa is like Japanese sake. You get an opportunity to see the infusing area during your visit and of course get to taste all of the varieties. The second thing that is interesting is the painted bottles. They hand-paint a wide variety of glass bottles with Khmer scenes in vivid colors and then sell the sraa in a wide variety of sizes - including ones suitable for carry on luggage. This is a fantastic souvenir idea. In addition to the sraa bottles, there are also some herb blends and other items for sale also in the hand painted bottles. We had not made a reservation but this is a small place so it may be wise to call ahead just to ensure you can have a tasting. Our visit was less than an hour and really quite fun.