Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Sombai
from US$25.00
More Info
from US$5.00
More Info
All reviews infused rice hand painted bottles great gifts kampot pepper free tasting wine tasting tasting room tasting session vespa tour tuk tuk fun tasting banana cinnamon foodie tour fermentation process great place to spend an hour khmer curry evening food tour
Reviewed 6 days ago

Very nice shop, with a large display of their home-made rice wine in beautiful bottles hand-painted by their staff, including a gifted young Cambodian who is deaf.
No plastic bottle there! Water is provided from a water refilling station at the entrance.
And.. the nicest touch: boards with sign language...
And... their unique and delicious alcoholic jams!
A place not to be missed in Siem Reap!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Sombai was part of a village tour I took through my resort. I was so happy they brought me here. It is a great space and they provide a free tour and tasting session! The products are so great I couldn't help but purchase a few things. Also the bottles are hand painted which make for amazing souvenirs.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Seven of us spent the evening tasting fantastic liqueurs. So much fun touring the making of the liqueurs. All different sizes and such beautifully painted bottles. Our host was very informative and very gracious. The liqueur jellies were wonderful. Atmosphere was like sitting in your own living room and having your cat lying in your lap. Who incidentally loves banana chips. Loved spending time here and they even sent tuk tuks to get us and take us back to our hotel. Highly recommend.

1  Thank PattyN169
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Kind staff with very helpful explanations about their activity. Tasting of jams and liquors are a good point.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Their infused rice wine is tasty and you can actually taste the infusions. The staff are also so friendly and will make you love the wine as much as they clearly love working there.

There are lots of options for buying gifts with many hand painted bottles.

This is a must do in Siem Reap

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

We stopped by the Sombai Workshop on a Sunday without any advanced notice. We had the place to ourselves and had he chance to taste 11 infused rice wines and 4 of their jams. Everything was amazing! We walked out of there with out alcohol allowance back the the states maxed out.

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

I went there without knowing much about it; I just needed some souvenirs. Turns out you get a free tasting of all their liqueurs and jams + a small walk around of where they make the bottles and store the liquor. After that you can buy something (but I never felt pressured to do so!)
The staff was lovely and very nice plus spoke great English.
And the liquors are amazing! They have about 8(?) different kinds and they are alle really interesting (e.g. mango-chilli or tomato-pepper) and the jams too. Great for a souvenir for friends and family especially since the bottles are handpainted beautifully and „wrapped“ very nicely in these cool boxes.
Would definitely r commend coming.

Reviewed September 1, 2018

We called in Sunday afternoon and had the place to ourselves. There was a quick tour upstairs to show you how the infusion process is done and with an explanation on the different flavours and products. Service was fantastic and the products are amazing. Very relaxed atmosphere. The hard part is choosing which hand painted bottles to take with you! Walked away with more than I intended!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

what a little hidden gem! For only $5 per person we had a lovely hour learning about the wonders of infused rice wine and a tuktuk pick up and drop off from our hotel. Our lovely tour guide explained the infusion process and introduced us to the team of packers and their hugely talented artist who paints bottles by hand. The tasting was great fun, I challenge anyone to be able to choose which bottle they will take home! We bought three bottles of wine and some gorgeous boozy Christmas jam for around $30. Might be an idea to knock off entrance fee if you buy something. Well worth an hour of your day. Thanks team Sombai.

Reviewed August 25, 2018

I learned about this place from an article I read online. So I decided to check it out. They have a booth at the Made In Cambodia market by the Hard Rock Cafe and they also have a tasting room and store down the road. I went to the tasting room/store and it was such a great experience! It's a small shop but you get to go upstairs and see how they infuse the liqueurs. It's very cool. You can taste and buy any of the flavors of the liqueurs and they also sell very delicious alcoholic jams for toast or crackers. The jams are really amazing and I bought quite a few jars. The liqueurs come in hand painted bottles that artists paint at the store. They are really beautiful. And the staff at both the booth and the store are super friendly and gracious. Definitely worth checking out and everything they sell makes for great gifts.