“clean and big room”
Review of Royal Empire Hotel

Royal Empire Hotel
Ranked #146 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I book 3 room, 2 of them are connecting room. Stay for 5 night.

Check In
At first they gave us the 3rd room at different floor. I told them the hotel has email us and confirm to give us 3 rooms - 2 are connection room , one is just next room ; all at the same floor.
The reception change the 3rd room to same floor.

Rooms
The rooms are spacious and clean.
Rooms come with 2 bottle of water daily and it has 2 slippers.
It is abt 4km away from the town.
Next to the hotel has a small market.

Breakfast.
They clean the dirty plate fast or slow or didn't set the table for the new hotel guest.

Check out
As our flight is 4pm, I requested to extend check up for 1 room til 1pm. They refused.
Only agree after my tour guide has a chat with them.

Overall , the hotel is good.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Royal Empire Hotel

Reviewed 9 December 2011

This is my first visit to Siem Reap, Cambodia. Although the hotel is not in downtown, we did not feel it as such, as we had our bus waiting for us all the time.The breakfast in the hotel was good, except that it had too much catering towards Korean food, probably because the were almost 90% Korean guests at that time.
Room Service was very prompt,
Overall we enjoyed our 4 nights stay there

Room Tip: Rooms facing poolside are good
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jegaks
Reviewed 8 December 2011

This was my second stay at the Royal Empire Hotel and I enjoyed it as much as my first visit. I like the fact that it is not part of a faceless hotel chain and has some Cambodian charm. The hotel is not in 'downtown' Siem Reap but is only a short tuk tuk ride away (approx USD1.50 depending on your bargaining prowess!). I like the fact that it is out of the main tourist area so is not as frenetic.

The hotel appears to cater to a lot of Asian tour groups; this time of the year appeared to be more popular than when I visited in February 2010. The breakfast buffet has a lot of variety but if you appear at the same time as a group it can be a bit hectic. Having said that, my room was always clean and in great condition and when you return to the hotel after a hot, humid day of touring/shopping you are always greeted with a friendly smile from the staff.

I only ate one meal in the restaurant on this trip (lunch) which was fabulous (Amok). Whilst more expensive that you could get in Pub Street or the Alley, the additional cost is well worth it.

The hotel is next to a small supermarket and a market so you can get some supplies if you wish. There is internet access in the lobby, the only drawback with this is the design of the desks and unless you are under four foot tall, it is nearly impossible to place your legs comfortably.

Having said that, I would definitey stay here again.

Room Tip: I was offered a room overlooking the pool but chose room 520 at the front of the hotel. Because of...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Viviennek28
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Had a very pleasent stay at this hotel, staff very friendly and helpful,had a great massage nice pool and lovely garden around the pool, great outlook onto the pool and garden from the restaurant.The breakfast was very good of a morning with a very big selection of hot meals,we had dinner a couple of times in the restaurant and found it very good and very cheap for a hotel.

Room Tip: we were at the front had a view of the main road
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Got it on sale, paid less than 50 US a night with breakfast . Its a little out of the way (airport rd.) but there are these trikes you can get at anytime for between a buck or 2 to bring you to town(5 to 10 minute ride). The pool was nice but the gym was not too good(not that we used the gym after all the walking) rooms were comfortable and decent. Food was really good and our teenage son to this day still tells me we should have eaten at the hotel more.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank sugartee
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Stay there from 6 Aug till 10 Aug. The hotel upgraded my room. Decorated my room foc with flowers on bed and bath tub. Very romantic. Foc welcome fruit basket. Helpful staff and always take care of your needs. Responses are fast.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband and I have stayed here for 4 days.
All staffs at hotel are nice and kept clean the room and pool always.
Their buffet style break fast was also good, especially pho(soup noodle) is tasty!
I enjoyed it every morning.

The disappointing thing were credit card authority system did not work smoothly and it took so long time to verify.I think it 's better to pay cash than a credit card and another disappointing thing was shower ’ water temperature is a little bit low. I couldn't adjust the temperature.

This hotel's location is a little far away from down town but it is no problem.
We can take tuk tuk(Taxi) at very low fee.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple