“Great Staff - Trying Hard to Please”

New Angkorland Hotel
Ranked #332 of 378 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 9 October 2015

The staff at this hotel were incredibly nice. Very pleasant and friendly. It seems the hotel is trying very hard to improve it's reputation and to make guests happy. I chose this hotel for its old french colonial charm, but when I showed up from a long flight on a hot day to find the pool had been drained and under repair, I was not a happy traveler.

I wish they would had warned me beforehand because it appears the pool area is very nice and would be a great place to unwind at the end of the long hot & muggy days. Of course, I would not have booked so that's probably why they didn't mention it.

The room was fine, it's old and a bit worn, but the bed was comfortable. Some of the things didn't work. I hate saying this because it could be damaging to the hotel, but the place has mice. At first, I asked for a different room and the new one had mice as well. After the second day, I just got used to it. I even gave him/her a name - Mick.

Wifi was frustratingly weak and slow. If you have business online, I do not recommend staying here.

I would actually stay at this place again for the same price I got through Expedia. It's a pretty good deal at US $34 a night, but at the full rate, no way. If I do go back, I'll definitely ask about the condition of the pool.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for an upgrade if there is a problem with the room. Say hi to Mick for me...
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank DINOMADIC

Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

Room is rather old, wifi hardly works, breakfast not many choices. I booked this hotel through agoda and since it is written free pick up from airport, I decided to make a remark of my arrival date and time. 2 days before my arrival, I emailed the hotel to confirm on my airport transfer, first replied was they did not receive my booking!! I had given my confirmation ID but they asked again for it. So I gave again! And no reply from the hotel after 1-2 days perhaps they do not see the urgency of replying emails. Well so I waited until the day of my arrival, I made call all the way to this hotel, and they said okay they will arrange pick up for me.

I feel the hotel management should have improved the facilities, services.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2015

Visited with our team from Poipet for staff training. The hotel is showing a few signs of the years of work but overall is in great condition. The breakfast was varied enough to meet all a teams needs and our included lunch was always tasty and on time.
Sadly I did not get to use the pool but it looked great .

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Kroybazza
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

1.No electricity in the afternoon.You will get the same answer from the receptionist "wait for half hour" we are checking!What the hell!!
2.No WiFi service -Receptionist when ever you call they will inform you"we are checking wait for half an hour"!
3.The staff dont bother anything about our needs and importance im their hotel!
4.I recommend the GM or the owner of this hotel to close their business rather than disappoint your guest!We are not staying here for free!!
5.Cleanliness is ok but all the things in the room rather old and need to change!
6.Service standards-Absolutely out!Front office manager or the supervisor(Thin tall guy) totally dont bother when i feedback to him about this hotel!Come on atleast show your courtesy when the guest feedback about the electricity issue.

My recommendation stay away from this hotel to avoid disappointment!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Nathan M
Reviewed 10 June 2015

First and foremost was attracted me to bring my family and stay for a night in new angkor land hotel again, because of the quietness of the place, close to the place where you can buy something you need, good accommodation and most of all the very good treatment of the staffs or employees to their guests.They are very courteous and friendly and also attentive to the needs of their guest. May the Lord bless this hotel more and more! especially for preparing Bible in every rooms. I was really bless especially when i read the word of God it helped me and comforted me so much. Good job!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jesett
Reviewed 7 February 2015 via mobile

While the hotel looks new basically everything does not work.

Fridge in the room - broken
Room safe - broken
Tv - broken
Shower head - wrecked
WIFI - hardly works
And the showers had mould all through them.

The plus is that it's close to pub street and has a good pool. That's about all.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2015

Greetings,

A friend and I stayed here this month while travelling SE Asia. We figured it was a middle of the road type hotel when we booked it online. After arriving I have some mixed feelings on the facility. The first strike was their airport transfer did not show up when we landed in Siem Reap. We waited around in 33 C heat then just decided to get a taxi. When we got to the hotel to check in, we told the front desk repeatedly we had 2 separate rooms but they still tried to stick us in the same room. Finally that matter got sorted out.

The rooms themselves were acceptable and clean. It was dark and dank during the day time with little to no sunlight in these "superior rooms." This didn't matter a whole lot I suppose it you weren't spending a lot of time in your room. Air conditioning worked well in my room but did not my friend's room. I'm not sure how we well he slept that first night. While we at Angkor Temples they fixed it so thats good on them. Bathrooms left a bit to be desired.

Staff were nice but language issues made it difficult to get our inquiries answered properly. They would say "Yes, yes, yes" but then completely ignore our questions.

Breakfast was lack lustre. There was a spread of non-western dishes put out but while we were there it didn't seem very busy and the hot holding was not on. I just opted for fried eggs and toast to be safe.

In terms of locale its not located directly in the busy tourist district "Pub Street." Buts its nearby, maybe 10 -12 mins walking or $2.00 Tuk Tuk - Do not let them charge you more than that, because they will. Its also closer to the highway to the Angkor Wat Temples.

If you have any questions about my stay please ask :)

Safe and happy travels to all.

Room Tip: Don't let pushy tuk tuk drivers rip you off. Set a fair price before leaving your hotel. As...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends