“Great place great location”

New Angkorland Hotel
Ranked #335 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

Staff are friendly and very accommodating. Rooms are comfortable and clean. This hotel is so well located near some great restaurants like Sugar Palm as well as some locally frequented ones. It is a 15 min walk to old town and you are away from the hustle and bustle of Siem Reap, tucked in amongst local homes and businesses. Have stayed there many times and would never stay anywhere else.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen E

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Came to this hotel because recommended by my Siem Reap sponsors. My sponsors recommend this hotel over others in town because of value for money. I experienced very friendly personal assistance from "Mr June " who would patiently sit down with me to help me most enjoy my 3 week stay in Siem Reap!!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Geoff H
Reviewed 4 December 2015

Very comfortable and authentic. Service was good. The only downfall was that the gym wasn't available during our stay. Breakfast was pleasant. Tuk- tuk service was excellent. Many restaurants and markets nearby. Overall, we had an enjoyable time in Cambodia.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Akash2398
Reviewed 17 November 2015

Ankorland is a fantastic building with carved wood doorways, elegant stairway and good sized rooms. The staff are very helpful. Unfortunately, the hotel is very tired and in need of a refurbishment, once a very grand building I imagine. Saying that, our stay was pleasant and relaxing, everything that you need is in the room and it was clean. Don't let the age of the building put you off, this is still a good hotel and ideally sited for visits to the markets temples and Pub Street.

Room Tip: Used a room overlooking the pools with balcony, not sure about options
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jzenithb
Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed our time with the friendly staff, very helpful with maps and with their English.
Small breakfast buffet but a la carte menu that is included is great!
Pool wasn't really clean, slight green colour and the spa was empty but we didn't mind as we were spending all our time out of the hotel.
Room is a good size.
They also have a good service with some of the tuk tuk drivers who are very friendly.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorelei M
Reviewed 9 October 2015

The staff at this hotel were incredibly nice. Very pleasant and friendly. It seems the hotel is trying very hard to improve it's reputation and to make guests happy. I chose this hotel for its old french colonial charm, but when I showed up from a long flight on a hot day to find the pool had been drained and under repair, I was not a happy traveler.

I wish they would had warned me beforehand because it appears the pool area is very nice and would be a great place to unwind at the end of the long hot & muggy days. Of course, I would not have booked so that's probably why they didn't mention it.

The room was fine, it's old and a bit worn, but the bed was comfortable. Some of the things didn't work. I hate saying this because it could be damaging to the hotel, but the place has mice. At first, I asked for a different room and the new one had mice as well. After the second day, I just got used to it. I even gave him/her a name - Mick.

Wifi was frustratingly weak and slow. If you have business online, I do not recommend staying here.

I would actually stay at this place again for the same price I got through Expedia. It's a pretty good deal at US $34 a night, but at the full rate, no way. If I do go back, I'll definitely ask about the condition of the pool.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for an upgrade if there is a problem with the room. Say hi to Mick for me...
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank DINOMADIC
Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

Room is rather old, wifi hardly works, breakfast not many choices. I booked this hotel through agoda and since it is written free pick up from airport, I decided to make a remark of my arrival date and time. 2 days before my arrival, I emailed the hotel to confirm on my airport transfer, first replied was they did not receive my booking!! I had given my confirmation ID but they asked again for it. So I gave again! And no reply from the hotel after 1-2 days perhaps they do not see the urgency of replying emails. Well so I waited until the day of my arrival, I made call all the way to this hotel, and they said okay they will arrange pick up for me.

I feel the hotel management should have improved the facilities, services.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family