“I like their hospitality.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bou Savy Guest House

Bou Savy Guest House
Ranked #20 of 498 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“I like their hospitality.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

When I first arrived to this place, I was welcomed by a very sweet smile, a cool mixed fruit juice and warm hand towel by the owners and I had a very good impression of this place. The stay was nice and peaceful. They have restaurant with breakfast and all the foods with affordable menu which I think is good, as it satisfied me. I stayed here couple of times, and I never regret. At guest house, internet cafe', printing / scanning facility was very helping to me and my friends. It was real value for money and very very affordable.
They can arrange transport / tours to any place, also tourist guide and any other requirements for your stay in Siem Reap with no hustle.
They were constructing new building just beside the old one and I hope that is going to be better than the one before, as I was little worried about the Bath rooms, though they were clean but old fashioned fittings. I hope they may have done better changes in new buildings.

Room Tip: All the rooms were almost same, can't say anything about new building. Take care about Mosquitoe...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My friend and I stayed there for almost three days! We loved it there! Great place, great people! Excellent service! TWO THUMBS UP!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed in Bou Savy for 2 nights last week. I made a reservation for an $8 single room but when I arrived there, I was surprised that they gave me a double bed room for the same price. The staff are extremely friendly and they hired a tuktuk driver for my Angkor Wat trip. Also, I told the manager that I will be going to Bangkok the next morning and they also help me arranged the trip. Overall, I would recommend this guest house to everyone who is looking for an affordable place to stay in Siem Reap.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Philip P
Calgary,AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Stayed here for five nights in a private double with en-suite in early April to explore Angkor Wat as well as other nearby sights. We didn't expect much coming from Thailand, and we were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of service we got at Bou Savy.

Pros - Quiet, treed, private complex off the main road in Siem Reap.
- Large selection of breakfast which was included in the price of the room.
- Restaurant in the same complex has very cheap delicious food. The local Khmer food was better than their attempts at more westernized meals.
- We were organized with a tuk tuk driver for three days in the restaurant, Mr.Tim approached us and gave us a detailed outline of the itineraries he had available. Our driver was very friendly, and the price was reasonable for the amount of travel we did.
- Room and bathroom were clean and there was always hot water available.
- AC in the room worked well.
- TV had a handful of English channels.
- Mini fridge in the room.

Cons - No matter how many we killed there was always mosquitoes in our room. I don't know if they can solve this problem, but it was annoying.

Despite the mosquitoes we had an excellent stay, and for the price of the room we couldn't have enjoyed it more. We would stay here again when/if we come back to Siem Reap.

One word of caution, we booked a bus transfer through the hotel from Siem Reap to Bangkok, and the bus dropped us off at the border, and we had to buy a taxi from the border to Bangkok. This is no fault of the hotels, but be aware that the bus services that they will sell you may not be as reliable as they claim. We made it safely, if you're up for some adventure it's not really a problem.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Our plane landed in Phnom Penh so we initially planned on staying there overnight, but we were able to buy bus tickets for the same day so we decided to go straight to SIem Reap. We called bou savy and informed them that we'll be arriving a day earlier.
We were worried that we could not fit in just 1 tuktuk due to our big luggages but we were surprised to see that Bouvoth brought his car.

We stayed in the 3rd floor of the old building during the first night then transferred to the 1st floor of the new one the following day. We had a 4days/3 nights booking but ended up staying for 2 more additional nights because the owners (Bouvoth and Bovorn) were very accommodating / helpful another plus was their warm and friendly staffs :).

Room Tip: book rooms in the new building
1 Thank robert g
BANGKOK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

After 6 months backpacking in Asia, is the first time Im gonna write a review about a guesthouse...just because of Bou Savy complete exceeded my expectatives in every sense, and this place deserves to be discovered to other colleagues backpacking in south east asia.

Bou Savy is 10 meters from the main road, which makes it relaxind and peaceful.
5 minutes walking from the center, old market and pub street.
Its staff is just WONDERFUL, making you feel like a top hotel.
Rooms: Really nice, completely correct for 8 USD, absolutely clean.
I arranged with them the tuktuk for angkor for a nice prize, and our driver, Mr. Leng, was really nice and always paying attention to our moves.
Familiar ambient all around the guest house.

Nothing to do with my previous trip to Angkor, where everybody just tried to rip me off. This time I was showing Angkor to my parents and wanted a relaxing and nice stay, and Bou Savy was the perfect place for it.

As well as some other ratings, we also did not have a taxi to bring us to the hotel. Mobile phones were not working, and street tuktuks did not want to drive us if we did not arrange the tour with them...but...welcome to cambodia, isnt it?
We had to pay a taxi on our own (to those complainin: 2 USD, COME ON!!) and as soon as we arrived to the hotel, the warming welcome, the welcome towel, welcome drink and wondrful dinnner made us forgot the arrival hassle in a few seconds ;p

Room Tip: I stayed in fan room and my parents in AC room, which seemed a bit newer, and almost for the same pr...
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I read so many good things about Bou Savy. Perhaps, that was why I was disappointed. But my family of 3 were exhausted from our trip from Vietnam and it was a downright disappointing welcome to not have been picked up contrary to what they promised. It was all we can do but get another tuktuk to Bou Savy because their driver was not around to pick us up when the guesthouse was properly informed of our trip details. And even if we were late, it seemed common knowledge to them that buses do arrive late anyway. I also hinted at that in my email to Bou Savy when I had the feeling that we could be late. And unlike Mr. Seng of the Europe Guesthouse in Phnom Penh who informed us how to get to his guesthouse, complete with how much only we need to pay, there was nothing about that from Bou Savy. That was okay if their driver picked us up. Unfortunately, we were not picked up. For budget tourists coming from a poor country, only wanting to experience another country (e.g. Cambodia), the $6 charged to us was really too much. I had the feeling we were being overcharged but we were simply absolutely too tired to say anymore; we did not have any idea of how much we were being overcharged; we certainly were first timers in Siem Reap; and it was late. Besides, we were not even supposed to be spending anything going to Bou Savy from the "bus station" in the first place. We waited a while but no one came to pick us up. By the time we got there--until we left--we did not even get to meet the owner. All the time, there were only the staff who hardly spoke a functional level of English. Much as I'd wanted to complain about the pick-up fiasco, the Filipino in me kicked in and I let it pass. Anyway, the ambiance was nice. However, there were a lot of mosquitoes and other insects. Perhaps, it was also because of the water in the big jar by the table and so with other smaller pots. The room we had was nice. Mr. San Viboll was nice and accommodating. He also drove the tuktuk we used during our 2-day tour of the temples. If only for the rooms, location and the affordable room rates, Bou Savy remains a good alternative. The service, however, leaves much to be desired. The food is also just average.

• 2 of 5 bubbles