See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Very happy with the service, friendly staff got out of their way to help us, transportation available from the airport, clean, great overall experience

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Daniel D
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We have been quite unhappy to hear that management had changed. Therefore a significant number of positive things mentionned for this hotel are not applicable anymore. This include the fact that there is no free tuktuk to reach the center of Siem Reap. Therefore, you'll have to pay 3$ to get in town - 1$ goes to the hotel (2 when you com back as you're then in a position to bargain).
The breakfast is really poor - except when there is a group of noisy Koreans. In such instance, you mignt beneficiate from their buffet.
The swimming pool is nice, but too much chlorine...
We had to complain everyday for the non working air condition, but the manager never felt very concerned...

Then once you add up the hotel cost, the breakfast and the various tuktuks, you might find something much better in town - what we did !

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Lotus-Lodge, Owner at Lotus Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Ayekoko, thank you for staying at Lotus Lodge, we appreciate your feedback as this helps us to improve our service to our valued guests. I am very sorry to hear that you have not fully enjoyed your stay with us.

You will be pleased to know that we have very recently acquired two new vehicles and are now providing a Free daily shuttle to town once again.

In regards to the air conditioner, I spoke with my Manager who advised me that a repairman was contacted immediately after your concerns were raised and that the problem was addressed in a timely and appropriate manner.

The Lotus Lodge swimming pool is professionally maintained 6 days a week and our chlorine levels comply with the strict guidelines for health and safety set by the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals (APSP).

Our $2 (optional) breakfast is very reasonably priced and includes a wide assortment of foods. You can enjoy coffee and orange juice with a selection of eggs, cheese and baguette/toast, or pancakes, fresh fruit, muesli, and ham. Our customers really enjoy the variety and value of our breakfasts.

As one of the Top 3 rated Best Value locations in Siem Reap, our goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations and ensure them a pleasant and relaxing experience during their stay. Once again I would like to apologize for your experience and we hope to see you back at The Lotus Lodge in the future.

Best Regards,

Javier Saint Pierre
Owner
Lotus Lodge
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Out of all the guest houses and hotels I stayed in during my two month trek round South East Asia this is the one that stands out from the rest. The pool was a welcome luxury after days of exploring the temples of Angkor and there is real peace and quiet since the hotel is located a little bit out of town. Some would say that's a negative, since you have to take a tuk-tuk into town or use the pre-arranged FREE shuttle the hotel provides, but after staying in the centres of Phnom Penh, Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City I was pretty relieved to get some uninterrupted sleep. As a note: I only came across one tuk-tuk driver that didn't know where the Lotus Lodge was, and there were plenty of others clamouring to take me back, so I wouldn't worry about that.

The room itself was clean and cosey, air con working just fine and not too noisy. The bathroom was a bit dark but had an overhead shower, an OVERHEAD SHOWER!! Everywhere else I stayed had a shower head attached to the bath taps. Come to think of it, the room itself might have been dark, I don't know though since I was out looking at temples and in town all day!

Breakfast was excellent and the poolside food even better. We even organised a few tours through the hotel; highly reccommend the trip to the village on stilts and the Dutch owner let us in on a cheeky Khmer secret reservoir with hammocks and huts just outside Siem Reap where the locals relax. That was truely amazing.

Overall, if I'm ever back in the area I'm definitely staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank captain_puzz
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Amazing hotel, great food and the best staff. I don't write reviews all that often unless I'm really really impressed. Lotus Lodge did a very good job making sure I had an amazing time during my stay. I'm already planning my next trip there.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank Emron E
Reviewed January 23, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel with the most wonderful staff. It was absolutely an experience of a lifetime. The hotel is very clean and relaxing. The food at the restaurant is delicious! You can even see the temples from the hotel's tower! Wonderful place! Planning another trip back there soon

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends