“Lotus Lodge in Siem Reap a great antidote to Canadian winters!”
Review of Lotus Lodge

Lotus Lodge
Ranked #205 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Nelson, Canada
“Lotus Lodge in Siem Reap a great antidote to Canadian winters!”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Such a nice place to chill out after taking in the sites at Siem Reap!
Sipping mango shakes by the pool was like a dream come true after enduring the majority of a long, British Columbian winter. Not only would I recommend Siem Reap as being a great vacation destination to friends and family, but I would also strongly urge them to make their holiday even more special by staying at the Lotus Lodge. Thanks to all the accommodating staff and friendly Cambodians for making my family's trip a great experience!

1 Thank Laura W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Back in Bangkok after a nice trip with some friends to SIem Reap. Didn't realize it until I got back Bangkok and checked into other hotels, how great of a deal you get there compared to Bangkok for the same price range. Thailand i get a shoebox of a room, no windows, 3 t.v channels, unfriendly service, no breakfast, no private bathroom and among a number of other things. This made me realize of much better everything was at my great stay at the Lotus Lodge in Cambodia. For more of less the same price, i received a tons more. A clean room, with a big window, a.c, my own bathroom, breakfast and a great pool. Plus the staff were great, the actually seemed genuine, unlike most of the places i've stayed at since i arrived back in Thailand. I've heard that Thailand is the land of smiles, this may have been the case a number of years ago, but I think the real land of smiles now is Cambodia, at least at the Lotus Lodge this was the case with the staff i got to know during my stay there.

3 Thank matt w
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2012

For my partner and I this was our second trip to Cambodia. As we've been to the area before we were looking for something a bit "different". After reading some reviews about the hotel being "outside of town" and "more authentic Cambodia" it sounded like it'd be a great place for us ..... not to mention I was sold when I saw pictures of the pool! (And boy, the pool was lovely!!!!) We had already been travelling for a few months so relaxing by the pool, somewhere quieter was just was we needed. We were both very pleased with our decision to stay at Lotus Lodge. Everyone was friendly and the service was great!!! Also, much to our surprise the owners are Canadian. We are from Vancouver, Canada, so it was nice to share stories of our home country.
Thanks for everything Lotus staff!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth H
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

"Nice hotel and welcoming staff. The Lotus Lodge is outside of the downtown area so its pretty quiet which is great if you're looking for a place to relax at. They do have a complementary shuttle into the city that does regular trips for those who wanted to go downtown. One of the new owners Mitch was really friendly and quite an interesting person to talk with. He had some incredible travel stories to tell! If you go there (which I recommend) you wont have trouble finding him as you will probably see him speeding around the hotel in his wheelchair! He has been working on making the hotel accessible for people with disabilities which was nice to see. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and I enjoyed my stay."

1 Thank Joe P
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I've been travelling around asia for 5 months and I came to Lotus Lodge during a return trip to Siem Reap to meet up with some friends from back home..I decided to return to the Lotus Lodge after my positive experience my first time. It was a great spot to relax and write because it was quiet and a natural setting. I also got to know some of the staff there and wanted to go back and see them. It was my 30th birthday while I was staying at the hotel. The staff took me and my friends to a very local cambodian fair which even rides, games, food, vendors that is almost entirely all cambodians with very few or any tourists. I have to say this was one of my best experiences for me and my friends during my travels. If you go there and want to see something that is not so touristy and actually off the beaten track, ask them about 'Road 60'. Thanks guys for a memorable birthday. It's not often you go somewhere and have this kind of experience.

3 Thank Nic0lita
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We decided to stay here based on glowing TA reviews so I felt compelled to share our experience to give some perspective. The grounds were very nice and the pool was much bigger than expected and quite lovely; definitely the best thing about the hotel! The superior room was very basic; the bathroom door didn't close, the safe didn't work, there was nothing available in minibar which was a shame after a hot day out in the Cambodian sunshine- we had to get drinks from reception area. TV reception was terrible but there were some dvd's available. Location wise, it really is miles from anything but the temples so for us it was just too isolated, maybe good for families but as we're 29 and 30 it was just too quiet.

As we were so far away from town we chose to utilize the hotels' restaurant but were so disappointed; my egg and salad sandwich was deep fried and disgusting, fish amok curry was mushy and bland, vegie curry tasted strongly of fish sauce (not a big surprise given we're in Cambodia but as we were told it was a vego dish, it wasn't ideal) . We were after some nibbles to share while we watched a movie and as there was no mini bar we had some garlic bread at the bar but it was just fried bread with no garlic, not a hit. If you decide to stay here bring some food and drinks to get you through, you really don't want to have to rely on the restaurant.

On the plus side free internet access was available and appreciated and though the rooms were basic they were clean and a/c worked well. All in all, whilst it may seem cheap you can find better places for the same price elsewhere.

Danville, California
Reviewed 23 March 2012

If you don't mind being away from the center of town this is the place to stay!
Owned by 2 Canadians the lodge is very clean and comfortable.
The price is great!
The pool is very nice.
Neighborhood is "interesting".
The only real down side is it is located a bit far from the town center and and restaurants. A Tuk Tuk to town is $2.50 -$ 5 each way.

They have a nice restaurant with basic food menu on site.

1 Thank MILDLY