See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 26, 2015 via mobile

We booked to stay here in Siem Reap, and took advantage of their airport transfer (a tuk-tuk rather than a taxi) we were getting worried about how far out of town he was taking us to get to the hotel, particularly as the majority of the roads are dirt roads, however the hotel itself looked nice enough.

We never actually got to see inside the hotel as they were experiencing a power cut and so moved us to another hotel on the other side of town - the same tuk-tuk driver drove us over there and checked we checked in ok - so can't comment on that, but the reception we received before they moved us was nice and the manager even came by our new hotel to check everything was ok later in the evening.

Our only complaint would be that when we asked our new hotel to honour the facilities we'd booked at Lotus Lodge, namely the area shuttle, they said they phoned up Lotus Lodge who said that it is no longer available even to people staying there. Whether this is true or not we can't comment, but without the area shuttle you are a long way out of the town at Lotus Lodge so should be prepared for that!

Stayed: May 2015
Reviewed May 9, 2015

We were not satisfied because of these reason:
- We had book rooms and sent them email of our bus and time that the bus come (night) to they to pick us up. This service is free on hostel's web and had confirmed by email. But when we arrived there, no one pick up. It not close to the center of city so we need pay for tuktuk.
- Breakfast is free but they had mistake, took money of my friends, when I come, I go to ask the reception and get back money. That's not good feeling at all.
- Water pool look nice but even the staffs there don't know that where the you can swim there or not (??? may be the cleaning?)
- 15$ for 1 room (2 beds). If you had book 1 room for 2 people (pay later), 1 canceled and 1 come, they cannot flexible change to single room for you.
- Air conditioner in my room didn't work well, 16C but still hot. We require change room, reception agreed but next day have no changing.
- Charge more 5$/room for late checkout even hostel very empty. (First charge 7$ and later automatic reduce 5$, this fee was not written on bill).
Good point: bicycle is free.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mic N
Reviewed May 3, 2015

This place is nothing like it looks on its website. To be fair to them we arrived just after a thunderstorm and they had no power,however, the pool was green and completely unusable. When we could see the room before it went dark, it was clean and exactly what you you expect for the price. After dark no one was doing anything, we had to ask for candles although no matches, the place was in complete darkness with no help from anyone, we had a dangerous walk to the room and spent the most uncomfortable night with no facilities. After going out at 4am on our return there was still no power I asked any news and were told there was no power all over the city and it may be off for two more days which was completely untrue. Again the staff were doing nothing, there were no showers, no toilets or air con, they didn't see that they should be giving out water and candles for guests and expected everyone to get on with it. People were braving the pool just to wash.Our group checked out went 2k down the road to another hotel. It was only that small area without power. Maybe we were unlucky with the power but I think it is a common occurrence. We will not return.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dorothy T
Reviewed April 21, 2015

My experience with this hotel started with the emails from the manager, who is very helpful and responds instantly. The hotel itself is very clean and the rooms are a great size and very comfortable. The pool is a great size with the bar next to it where you can enjoy the happy our each day. Its very handy the will take you to town for free I highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing, enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2015 via mobile

Ah, what a relaxing place! Hidden away from all the noise of the city, but still being very close to it, gave us a very pleasant stay at Lotus Lodge. The place is beautifully decorated, the rooms clean and well maintained and the atmosphere pleasant.

There was a few issues that I would like the highlight tho, the main one being the restaurant and the some of the staff. It's a mix between Canadian (if I'm not mistaken) and Cambodian staff and most of them were truly polite, helpful and friendly BUT 2-3 of the Cambodian staff were just plain rude and in my opinion, not cut out for the job. Whenever they were approached, I felt like I had done something wrong for interrupting them and/or they acted with a complete "I don't wanna be here"-attitude. I have received such good service trough Cambodia, so it was a bit of a chock for me to be treated like that as a costumer, and not very pleasant. An example of this is when I asked to get our linen changed on the third day as this hadn't been done during our stay (the power was cut out two times during our stay so obviously the aircon didn't work = it was very hot = you sweat a lot) and the girl in the reception just sighed and kept playing with her phone and I had to ask two times more before she agreed to help me or even looked at me. I understand that there is a language barrier, but I don't think it's appropriate to ignore your customers if you don't understand.

I did find that most of our concerns with the staff took place in the restaurant, where there was a few other problems as well. The food always took about 40-60 minutes to come out, no matter what time a day, what food we ordered or amount of costumes in the restaurant. More than once we waited for over 30 minutes just to be told they didn't have what we ordered, which would have been fine if they would have told us right away and not make us wait so long. The food itself wasn't very good, I tried a few things since we usually had lunch here, but was almost always a bit let down. I don't know why this is, but the staff in the restaurant should probably be trained a bit more.

But these things aside, I would definitely come back if ever in Siam Reap again and I highly recommend staying here to anyone. I truly is a hidden oasis in Siam Reap!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple