“total turn around most impressed”
Review of Lotus Lodge

Lotus Lodge
Ranked #219 of 371 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 12 June 2015

i stay here in 2014 and was not happy ..just 2 weeks ago I stay there again ,it truly was a different place ,it seems it is under NEW MANAGEMENT ..these people know what they are do for sure ,,staff were great and polite ( last time it seems the staff were just there to do nothing ),,the rooms were clean and tidy ,the pool has been made safe ( last time there were tiles in the pool missing ) the food there is a vast improvement from the last time ,.when I stayed there last time it was over grown and just looked so ran down .this time it was a cleaner and brighter place ,I would recommend this hotel to anyone now .they tours to the temples ,I think ANGKOR WAT is one of the best places I have seen just give yourself 2 days to see the whole thing ,check out the sun set at the temples ,stunning ..I like to walk so for me getting to the famous pub street and night market was easy it took about 20 minutes on foot ,it will cost 2 or 3 dollars from the hotel by tuc tuc ,the rooms are cosy and the shower was hot ,clean sheets on the bed well worth the money .....what more can I say ,,,STAY HERE AND YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED ,I know where I am going to stay next year ...one more thing the NAME OF THE HOTEL has been changed from LOTUS LODGE it is now known as LOTUS GARDEN BOUTIQUE ..check it out you will not be sorry

Room Tip: all rooms are clean and tidy ,single rooms double rooms and triple rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 May 2015 via mobile

We booked to stay here in Siem Reap, and took advantage of their airport transfer (a tuk-tuk rather than a taxi) we were getting worried about how far out of town he was taking us to get to the hotel, particularly as the majority of the roads are dirt roads, however the hotel itself looked nice enough.

We never actually got to see inside the hotel as they were experiencing a power cut and so moved us to another hotel on the other side of town - the same tuk-tuk driver drove us over there and checked we checked in ok - so can't comment on that, but the reception we received before they moved us was nice and the manager even came by our new hotel to check everything was ok later in the evening.

Our only complaint would be that when we asked our new hotel to honour the facilities we'd booked at Lotus Lodge, namely the area shuttle, they said they phoned up Lotus Lodge who said that it is no longer available even to people staying there. Whether this is true or not we can't comment, but without the area shuttle you are a long way out of the town at Lotus Lodge so should be prepared for that!

Stayed: May 2015
Reviewed 9 May 2015

We were not satisfied because of these reason:
- We had book rooms and sent them email of our bus and time that the bus come (night) to they to pick us up. This service is free on hostel's web and had confirmed by email. But when we arrived there, no one pick up. It not close to the center of city so we need pay for tuktuk.
- Breakfast is free but they had mistake, took money of my friends, when I come, I go to ask the reception and get back money. That's not good feeling at all.
- Water pool look nice but even the staffs there don't know that where the you can swim there or not (??? may be the cleaning?)
- 15$ for 1 room (2 beds). If you had book 1 room for 2 people (pay later), 1 canceled and 1 come, they cannot flexible change to single room for you.
- Air conditioner in my room didn't work well, 16C but still hot. We require change room, reception agreed but next day have no changing.
- Charge more 5$/room for late checkout even hostel very empty. (First charge 7$ and later automatic reduce 5$, this fee was not written on bill).
Good point: bicycle is free.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mic N
Reviewed 3 May 2015

This place is nothing like it looks on its website. To be fair to them we arrived just after a thunderstorm and they had no power,however, the pool was green and completely unusable. When we could see the room before it went dark, it was clean and exactly what you you expect for the price. After dark no one was doing anything, we had to ask for candles although no matches, the place was in complete darkness with no help from anyone, we had a dangerous walk to the room and spent the most uncomfortable night with no facilities. After going out at 4am on our return there was still no power I asked any news and were told there was no power all over the city and it may be off for two more days which was completely untrue. Again the staff were doing nothing, there were no showers, no toilets or air con, they didn't see that they should be giving out water and candles for guests and expected everyone to get on with it. People were braving the pool just to wash.Our group checked out went 2k down the road to another hotel. It was only that small area without power. Maybe we were unlucky with the power but I think it is a common occurrence. We will not return.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dorothy T
Reviewed 21 April 2015

My experience with this hotel started with the emails from the manager, who is very helpful and responds instantly. The hotel itself is very clean and the rooms are a great size and very comfortable. The pool is a great size with the bar next to it where you can enjoy the happy our each day. Its very handy the will take you to town for free I highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing, enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2015 via mobile

Ah, what a relaxing place! Hidden away from all the noise of the city, but still being very close to it, gave us a very pleasant stay at Lotus Lodge. The place is beautifully decorated, the rooms clean and well maintained and the atmosphere pleasant.

There was a few issues that I would like the highlight tho, the main one being the restaurant and the some of the staff. It's a mix between Canadian (if I'm not mistaken) and Cambodian staff and most of them were truly polite, helpful and friendly BUT 2-3 of the Cambodian staff were just plain rude and in my opinion, not cut out for the job. Whenever they were approached, I felt like I had done something wrong for interrupting them and/or they acted with a complete "I don't wanna be here"-attitude. I have received such good service trough Cambodia, so it was a bit of a chock for me to be treated like that as a costumer, and not very pleasant. An example of this is when I asked to get our linen changed on the third day as this hadn't been done during our stay (the power was cut out two times during our stay so obviously the aircon didn't work = it was very hot = you sweat a lot) and the girl in the reception just sighed and kept playing with her phone and I had to ask two times more before she agreed to help me or even looked at me. I understand that there is a language barrier, but I don't think it's appropriate to ignore your customers if you don't understand.

I did find that most of our concerns with the staff took place in the restaurant, where there was a few other problems as well. The food always took about 40-60 minutes to come out, no matter what time a day, what food we ordered or amount of costumes in the restaurant. More than once we waited for over 30 minutes just to be told they didn't have what we ordered, which would have been fine if they would have told us right away and not make us wait so long. The food itself wasn't very good, I tried a few things since we usually had lunch here, but was almost always a bit let down. I don't know why this is, but the staff in the restaurant should probably be trained a bit more.

But these things aside, I would definitely come back if ever in Siam Reap again and I highly recommend staying here to anyone. I truly is a hidden oasis in Siam Reap!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank malinwackerberg
Reviewed 28 March 2015

Usually people like to say that you get what you pay for,so I wasn't expecting much,but...When we arrived at the hotel,we were given the wrong room,a twin bed room,so we ve asked for a double bed ,as reserved.We were given one,but the aircon and the fan weren't working,there was no safe and no wifi and there was a big hole in the ceilling in the bathroom.Don't get me wrong,when paying 20$ a night I'm not expecting any of these "comforts",but then don't advertise on your site that you have all of this,right?after another room change we've got aircon,a fan ,some wifi but no safe and a twin bed...but we just kept it as we didn't want to spend our holidays on changing rooms.The hotel itself is ok,nice pool area,with a bar and a nice quiet location.Most of the staff is friendly,but they are completely lost and don't speak a word of english or any other language apart from Khmer,so it's hard to book a tour at the angkor temple or even to order a drink.They never have any change at the bar,so te tabs are basically always transfered to your room tab...there goes your tip,i guess.It looks like there is no management around,to organise all of this.We saw a couple of "foreign" girls "working" in the bar area,and we figured that they might be the managers,but all they did was to sit around the pool/bar and chat on facebook.The lodge is Canadian-owned,and the owner leaves in the complex,he seemed like a nice guy,but it looked like he was just there ,enjoying his holidays , like a tourist.Overall the stay was okay,as there was no real issues,and we just loved Cambodia.This review is not written just to criticize,but I just hope that they will organize this place better as it has a great potential.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple