“Great Service, Average Grub”

The Monsoon Asian Fusion and Bistro
Ranked #83 of 1,044 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Description: Newly opened asian infused restaurant on the Pub Street, Siem Reap. We are excited to bring delectable food to every tables.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Food 3/5 - we ordered the Pad Thai and Kung Pow Chicken. Both were okay, however I was constantly eating prawn shell and the chicken was quite dry (could use a dipping sauce).

Price 3/5 - price was quite decent and similar to surrounding restaurants, however I expected a larger portion for this price.

Customer Service 5/5 - service was efficient and staff were all very friendly and attentive. Made up for the average food.

Atmosphere 4/5 - restaurant was nice and clean. There’s not a whole lot going on in the restaurant, but was nice to look out and see what was going out on Pub Street.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

After getting hammered, i needed meat, so I went to this place and ordered their meat set. Well, I realized if you are drunk, you need this savory, clean taste meal. Moreover, too attentive staffs (maybe it’s their restaurant’s culture), great location. Highly recommended (when you are drunk).

Thearith T, Owner at The Monsoon Asian Fusion and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2018

Dear Tes,

Thanks for taking your valued time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to give every customer a warm feeling to experience our fantastic food and atmosphere. We will pass out the great news to our employee.

We cannot wait to serve you again in the near future and hopefully, you will recommend our restaurant to your family and friends.

Have a wonderful time in Siem Reap.

Management Team

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

The menu is the one from the restaurant in front (easy speaking), we ordered food: Vietnamese spring rolls without shrimps, chicken curry without coconut milk, beef lok lak which doesn’t look like a beef lok lak, and the best seller hot pot...the fish, the shrimps, the meat didn.t look fresh at all.
The staff didn’t seem to understand our requests neither in English nor in Khmer!?
I don.t recommand...

Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I decided to have dinner here as the reviews were good and this place has special meaning for us.

My husband used to work here before it was Monsoon Asian Fusion. We went for our anniversary dinner.

According to TripAdvisor the restaurant closes at 11pm but we were the only customers there on that day and we had finished eating at around 10:30pm.

We could clearly see the staff wanted to close the restaurant early. They had literally cleaned everything around us and were waiting for us to leave.

It's not really the relaxing, romantic dinner that I had envisioned.

We wanted to sit upstairs as there's a balcony which wasn't there before but the staff said the whole of the upstairs was closed because they were cleaning the fans.

I feel this is something they should do when the restaurant is closed, either early before the restaurant opens or late after it closes, NOT when there are paying guests in the restaurant.

The food was ok. We had tempura prawns as a starter. Hubby had the noodle burger and I had the laksa. It wasn't anything special and there wasn't any atmosphere in the restaurant. It was completely dead.

I can't say I'd recommend this place for food or ambience.

Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

As the title suggests, we had a decent meal here but a little underwhelming. Had it recommended by our hotel but the food was not real fusion, just a mixed Asian / Western menu, where the Asian dishes were toned down to suit a conservative western taste - therefore a bit boring. But safe, and easy with kids, and near the pub street of course.