3,383 results
All reviews tuk tuk great hotel pub street foot massage breakfast buffet pool area comfortable hotel close to angkor wat stayed here for nights town centre us dollars our honeymoon nice pool loved this hotel welcome drink old market hotel restaurant
Reviewed October 11, 2009

I stayed at the Tara Angkor hotel for 4 nights while I was in Cambodia. The service was very good--the staff was attentive to any details, and my 9am arrival was met with a cool drink and an invitation to sit on rather comfy chairs while all of the check in materials were brought to me. The shuttle had met me at the airport very promptly and even waited as I bought a SIM card for my global phone.
I really did enjoy this hotel--the pool was beautiful, the A/C was fabulous, the breakfast buffet was tasty, and even the shower had great water pressure. The only downsides were that the lunch and dinner menu was a bit limited, and the beds were massively uncomfortable. I was recovering from illness, and have a tendency toward sciattica, which became inflamed due to the incredibly hard mattress.
I would certainly stay here again...but maybe travel with a mattress topper so I could sleep well!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Tara Angkor is conveniently located - it's located very near Angkor Wat, which is great, because we only had a short drive to see the famous sunrise over Angkor Wat, and just 5 to 10 mins away by tuk tuk to town for shopping, drinks and food.

Our room was clean and well kept, and service at the hotel was always provided with a smile. The concierge was very helpful... she gave us suggestions for an apsara dance performance and massages, arranged for a late checkout for us, and even suggested a guide (but we'd already booked our own).

The hotel looks new, is pretty and is well maintained. The restaurant is decent, and provides reasonably nice food. Breakfast was good, although after our 3-day stay, I think we pretty much sampled everything!

We have a great time at this hotel, and we'd certainly return if we go back to Siem Reap!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2009

our family stayed here for 3 days during the Chinese Golden Week. The hotel is perfectly located just 4km away from the entry point to the excavations of Angkor Wat. Take a tuk-tuk (motor-rikscha) for a day (15$) and the area is yours.
The hotel is very well in shape, excellent restaurant for both breakfast and dinner. The rooms can be a bit noisy, depending on your neighbour ... we had to change after a night due to some British youngsters who could not be tamed by the staff.
Secondly, the excavation is specifically exciting during sunrise ... you'll hear alarm clocks at 4am ...

The outdoor pool on the 1st floor is a gem, very quiet with good food&drink services to relax your bones after your archeological explorations of the day :-)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank fivedauns
Reviewed October 4, 2009

We stayed here in September 2009 for 3 nights and were extremely impressed. Its situated in a great location about 5 mintues out of town (on a tuk tuk) on the road to Angkor wat. The rooms were comfortable, the pool is lovely, though small for the amount of rooms....i never saw too many people using it so getting a chair was never a problem.
The concierge was outstanding booking tours, dinner, guides bicycles etc she was very helpful.
I really cant enough good things about this hotel everything was perfect. I am sure you wont be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We stayed at the Tara Agknor for 3 nights. The hotel is very pretty and the interior smells very good, it has lots of computers and free internet service, a big buffet, a pretty pool, a gym of reasonable size (4 cardio machines plus weights), and very serviceable rooms. The biggest problem is the bugs. We saw flying roaches in the dining room, in the lobby. No matter how nice a place seems to be, seeing roaches in a hotel makes you not want to stay there or eat there. The food was also pretty bad- it didn't taste fresh and was very overpriced. The rooms are nice and spacious but very sparse and could use more accents. The other major issue was the shower- our water pressure was terrible and we often didn't have hot water. The hotel has some great things but the bugs and the shower would prevent me from recommending it.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple