3,421 results
All reviews tuk tuk pub street lovely hotel foot massage pool area breakfast buffet close to angkor wat stayed here for nights town centre us dollars nice pool our honeymoon loved this hotel welcome drink old market hotel restaurant night market
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I stayed at Tara Angkor with my parents for 4 nights in late August 2010 during our first visit to Siem Reap. We have chosen Tara Angkor after researching online and am happy to say that the hotel has exceeded our expectations in its service and ambience.

The Lobby of Tara Angkor is very spacious - it's not huge in terms of floor area but there are plenty of comfortable seats and sofas so that people can rest while waiting. It is also pleasantly and relaxingly scented. The hotel offers a complimentary welcome drink to its customers - a cute refreshing cold drink with an organic straw (see picture)!

We arrived early at around 10-ish in the morning but they were very helpful in trying to get our room ready asap. We checked into two rooms on the first floor, one of which looks out into the hotel yard and the swimming pool. The rooms are not huge in size, but are spacious enough to feel relaxed. Staying during the hot, wet month of August, we had no problems with the air-con at all. The bath tub leaked a little in one of our rooms but it wasn't flooding the loo and was solved by placing one of the towels over the leaking spot.

The breakfast (6am-10am) at Tara Angkor was very good - you have a choice of sitting indoors or outdoors, and both are nice. The food selection and quality were good, too.

My parents went for relaxing swims in the pool and used the jacuzzi / sauna facilities. They both enjoyed the experiences. My mother and I tried the 90min aromatherapy massage service at the hotel - there was a 30% discount summer promotion on during our stay. The atmosphere of the spa centre is fantastic.

All the staff that we encountered during our stay have been very friendly and polite. I would recommend Tara Angkor to friends travelling to Siem Reap.

1  Thank mcch2
WoWtara, Tara Angkor Management Team at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2010

Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel.
The whole team is very proud that you have chosen Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay during your visit to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed our hotel and all our facilities. We would like to thank you for pointing out the leakage at your bathtub, our engineers are currently checking these. All of our staff is delighted to hear you comments and would like to thank you for these. We are looking forward to welcome you here once again and we thank you for recommending us to your entourage. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Management Team.

Reviewed September 5, 2010

Hotel has recently been renovated, well kept and clean. Several computers provided near the lobby for your convenient. Free wireless internet service available, check with the front desk. Breakfast is a mixture of asian and western food. My family particular enjoys the fruits and variety of noodles. The hotel is conveniently located near Angkor Wat sites and within walking distance to Angkor National Museum. Cambodian people are very friendly and courteous. My family really enjoy our stay. Excellent service provided. No doubt I will choose this hotel again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank willworkforfood88

Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel.
We were very honored that you have chosen Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay during your visit to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. The whole team is delighted to read your review and we are happy you have enjoyed our fresh hotel and the food at our restaurants so much. We would like to thank you for your kind comments and we are looking forward to welcome you here once again. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Management Team.

Reviewed September 5, 2010

Tara Angkor is centrally located, mid way between airport and the temples. The staff is very professional,courteous and always happy to help. Facilities of this hotel is definitely worth the money you pay. Breakfast buffet has wide range and also options for strict vegetarians. They have safe box option as well to keep our belongings. All calls/requests were promptly attended to with a smile. If ever I go back to Siem Reap, I need not research and waste my time about where I need to stay. It is Tara Angkor

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WoWtara, Tara Angkor Management Team at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2010

Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel.
The whole team is honored that you have chosen Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay during your visit to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. We are delighted to read your review and we are happy you have enjoyed your stay so much. We would like to thank you for your kind comments and we are looking forward to welcome you here once again. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Management Team.

Reviewed September 4, 2010

Came here last year and stayed at a suite. The hotel is excellent in almost every aspect: comfortable bed, spacious room, lots of TV channels, friendly and helpful staff, good pool, free WiFi, good location. I also love how they would treat me a welcoming drink when I arrived at the hotel waiting to check in.

The only thing holding me back from giving this hotel the highest rating is the bug (possibly cricket?) inside my suite that wouldn't stop chirping at night (maybe during the day too but i was away). The bug chirped every 20/30 mins and this really affected my sleep. The staff and I tried to locate the bug but just couldn't find it. Given that it was a suite that I was staying at I would expect better extermination and pest control.

5 stars for everything - 1 star for the bug = 4 stars overall

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank rawsmoothie
WoWtara, Tara Angkor Management Team at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2010

Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel.
We would like to thank you for having chosen Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay during your visit last year to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. The whole team was proud to have been serving you and we would like to thank you for your comments.
We offer our sincere apologies again for your inconvenience, we have pest control on a weekly routine with special attention for our suites and corridors.
We hope we can welcome you here once again in the future.
With kind regards, Tara Angkor Management Team.

Reviewed September 3, 2010

We found the Tara to be in a good location and a very comfortable hotel. The rooms were very spacious. The hotel is only a short trip into town and also not too far from Angkor Wat. The pool area was very nice but could have done with a few more lounges. Resturant was very good and all staff were very helpful. We really enjoyed our stay at Tara Angkor Hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jim_brook
WoWtara, Tara Angkor Management Team at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2010

Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel.
The whole team was proud that you haven chosen Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay during your visit to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. We are happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and we thank you for your suggestion. We also would like to thank you for your kind comments. We are looking forward to welcome you here once again. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Management Team.