“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
Review of La Cuisine

La Cuisine
Ranked #3 of 195 Restaurants in Punta Arenas
Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a new french restaurant in Punta Arenas, attended by their owners, a french chef and her local wife in the dinning room. French food with local products, cool music and good service.
Reviewed February 12, 2017

The menu offered a wonderful selection. The escargot were prepared perfectly.
However the king crab was above and beyond our expectations. They take it out of the shell and present it very appealing. The sea bass was very fresh and perfect sauce.
The staff were warm and friendly and very helpful.

Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

We found this restaurant and so glad we did. The decor was so becoming, french posters, paintings, and fabrics floating from the ceiling. We were two couples, we ordered escargot, foie gras, crab legs, oinion soup, and salmon. Of couse we also had red wine, white wine and champagne. All the food was delicious. The chef took a picture with us. A lovely lunch.

Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

A genuine, fine French restaurant in Punta Arenas. Great entrees & desserts. Ours included rabbit, ribs & corvina. Plus desserts were excellent. I can't say enough about this place & it's delightful French owner.

Reviewed January 31, 2017

This is one of the best restaurant suggested in the tripadvisor, so we tried it. The outside is nothing special. The food quality are up to the expectation, but I don't think it is excellent. Overall experience is good. Price are reasonable.

Reviewed January 30, 2017

My husband and I were in Punta Arenas last week for two and a half days. We were there because we were departing on a cruise of Patagonia. The first night we were there I found a review of La Cuisine and wanted to try it. We arrived soon after they opened and were able to get a table - there are probably only 15 tables in the restaurant. We tried the onion soup as an appetizer and I had the salmon and my husband had the sea bass. We also had the fabulous chocolate dessert which was to die for.

The next night, when faced with eating out again we headed straight back to La Cuisine. My husband had seafood and I tried the lamb shank. It was all wonderful!! We also managed to consume another wonderful dessert. As I said, this is a small restaurant and both the waiter and chef/owner Eric recognized us from the night before. We assured them we were leaving the next day and that we would not be back.

But, then we discovered they were open for lunch and that we would indeed be able to come back for a final meal before boarding out ship. We had a lovely lunch of onion soup and a king crab appetizer that makes my mouth water just thinking about it. We of course followed up with one more delicious dessert. By this time chef Eric was a little curious about us and came by to chat even more.

We were in South America for three weeks and I would not be exaggerating if I said La Cuisine had the very best meals on our entire trip. I doubt I'll ever be back in Punta Arenas but If I was I would head straight for La Cuisine.