See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 27, 2016

Perfect mid-scale accommodation for Chinese men. Smoking is permitted in all areas, including the hallways of the non-smoking floor on which I was lodged for the night. To avoid confusion for future guests, by non-smoking room, this hotel simply means that if the current occupants of the room are not smoking then this room would be considered a non-smoking room. Spitting is not frowned upon here and is common. Staff members are indifferent to all behaviour and guests have free run of the hotel. No English was spoken by the front desk clerk upon my 10:30 p.m. check-in. I was hungry upon my arrival but the hotel does not provide room service and no restaurant service was available that late into the night.

The bedroom room itself had a magnificent view of the waterfront and was certainly large when compared to rooms I’ve stayed in elsewhere in the People’s Republic of China in this class of accommodation. The bed was hard; the WiFi complementary, yet slow and the carpet was filthy. The bathroom however, was in perfect condition with shower, tub and western toilet and first class toiletries provided at no charge.

I was made to feel unwelcome here. Chinese men feel right at home. Staff in the breakfast room were so unfamiliar with requirements of Western guests that they didn’t even have their toaster plugged in so that it could be used. My 37 inch arms were just long enough for me to reach the socket. Breakfast itself had enough familiar items that I did not go hungry. Although breakfast staff could not communicate with me, a smile is the same in any language and it was not forthcoming. Workers here chose to deliberately avoid me and I will deliberately avoid staying in this hotel ever again.

Directly across from the bedroom window was an illuminated rooftop sign for the Crowne Plaza Hotel. I’ll be sure to stay there next time.

This is a one star review of a three star property. Both could have been a lot better.

Date of stay: January 2016
Reviewed March 19, 2015 via mobile

Spacious room with beautiful view, over looking the Min River and the CBD. Staff were friendly and very well mannered. Food was good and served right. Definitely will return when back in town, but gonna request for a non smoking floor. So long Fuzhou!!!

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2014

It is hosted by a friend.
If you booked river-view rooms, its river view is great.
The room is ok. The breakfast is included.
The breakfast is Chinese-style, and acceptable.
The bath is good. However, the bathroom I had is kind of old.
The wifi speed is slow. The hotel does provide wire internet, but I didn't try.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2014

I was hosted by Fujian University of Technology who took care of everything for me so I didn't have any problems with the language and never had a need for the concierge. The room was clean and had a nice view of the river. Breakfast was very good with plenty of western options as well. We had dinner as a group in the hotel and it was very nice - the presentation was a bit more upscale than the other places we ate during my trip. The University paid my way so I can't comment on the value but if I were travelling on my my own I would consider staying here again.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We just stayed one night in the hotel.
The hotel rooms are really nice,clean with river view and it seems just renovated bathroom. A part from that service is really poor. No one at front desk or concierge could indicate a local food restaurant or call for a taxi at first. The neighbourhood is nice close the riverbank but also a little isolated, so not easy to find a taxi.breakfast to Chinese standard, soup steam buns,eggs, noodles, good quality but do not come to late....even if the serve until 10.00 ( it was a holiday), by 9.20, the buffet was not refilled and we had to ask for eggs, and even tea, they was no more cup so paper ones were used which was a little strange.

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple