Orient Fashion Hotel
Priceline
US$61
US$199
US$186
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed here for 6 days when I first arrived here in Shenzhen. This was one of the cheapest hotels listed on TripAdvisor and it was very centrally located in Futian. Overall, I enjoyed the stay. The beds were quite hard, much more firm than I am used to back home but this is pretty normal for China. Although the beds I am at now are at a much cheaper hotel and are much more comfortable. The showers were always hot and that was a plus, with good water pressure in a spacious bathroom also with a western toilet. We did not use the TV once as it was an ancient box with no USB or HDMI input. The room was quite spacious for what we were paying (~$38 US a night) and the maid always left an extra roll of toilet paper. I did not try the breakfast buffet as it cost about $6 US and it looked pretty bad, to be honest. I saw a few flys flying around some of the buffet trays and the fruit looked very old. The front desk staff was not very nice and kept us waiting quite awhile for check in. They never did so much as acknowledge us every time we left the room. In my experiences so far this is NOT normal for China as opposed to what many people think. The hotel I am currently staying at has very nice and friendly staff. Overall the room was pretty clean. My biggest gripe with the hotel was the practically non existent AC. The hotel I am currently staying in has a very cool AC and goes down to 17 celcius. The room we had had an AC that was barely cool and felt around 19 or 20 C even though the thermostat claimed it was 16 or so. We decided that we would like to stay for a month longer at this hotel and one front desk agent quoted us a price of 45-4800. (I can't remember which) The next day they quoted us 8000, nearly twice the price. Apparently, there was some miscommunciation. We left and found a hotel down the street that I am much happier with. You have to shop around in China to find the good deals, but Orient Fashion was just average for what we paid.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Good location.Speed wifi.Big room and comfortable.Easy access to all electronic gadget building.Please take note that the shuttle bus to the airport from this hotel is not "walking distance" eventhough they will tell you its very near,Take a cab and cost you the basic starting fare so its better to get a cab.The rest,everything is good and the hotel reception consider quite helpful.Will come back for this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FoodNtravel82
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here for 7 night. Very good price from the internet.
This hotel is bigger than it actually looks. it is also an affordable stay at a really good location.The hotel has very nice and clean rooms and is very good value for the money. Cheap hotel in cental futian district. The rooms are nice and large but the hotel lay out means most rooms have no windows. this does limit the street noise but the lack of air circulation is not a good trade off.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kshitij462000
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Big room but only fair in quality. A double room with 2 big beds. Comfort so-so. Small window withbroken latch. Bathroom had an odor of urine. No amenities such as toothbrush and shave kit. Used slippers and floor not as clean as some other hotels.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Stayed here for 1 night. Very good price from the internet.

Location
I found a little difficulty in finding it at first. I asked maybe 4-5 people before I found it but it is pretty convenient - 10 mins away from 2 metro stations. More importantly, it is 10 mins away from the Kexue Guan metro where, behind it, there is the 330 bus to the airport.

Room
The room was fine - i booked one which was the lowest bracket and was surprised by the bathroom which was quite modern. Facewash packets are chargeable - 10rmb which wasn't clearly stated. Bed a little hard but I was so tired it didn't bother me at all

I found that speaking English was better than speaking Cantonese. My mandarin was non-existent but there were a few English-speaking staff. I found them to be helpful and welcoming.

It really is fantastic value. I paid 180 rmb for a non-window room. The decor is not top-notch but for a value budget hotel, I'll stay here again

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo