Free cancellation until 01/08
US$52
  • Pool
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$72
L Hotels (Zhuhai Lianhua)(Zhuhai)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$29
Hotels.com
Swan Hotel(Zhuhai)
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsholiday innexecutive floorsmall tvbreakfast buffetmajor shoppingservice levelgood sizeroom was spaciousspent nightsquality hotelchinalaundrytaxiasialanguage
Reviewed May 16, 2018

I have stayed in this hotel for a few times since last year 2017. Sean (who has left the hotel for greener pastures) has provided excellent service. Andy Han also provides very excellent services as well. Both of them are very helpful and give good recommendations based on questions asked e.g. where is xiaomi shop, taobao orders and suggested good places to visit and eat.

Room Tip: Stay at higher level as there is renovation going on at hotel up to Level 5.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Betty W, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Zhuhai City Center and for taking your valuable time to share your feedback with us.Your recognition would undoubtedly be a great encouragement and motivation to our team to keep aiming higher and better.Thank you once again for all your great and continuous support and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the nearest future !

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had been searching for somewhere to have a nice couples massage and decided to go to the holiday Inn (now the Crowne Plaza, update needed!) the masseuse’s were dressed in a suggestive way, high heels, short skirts and long nails. We thought maybe it’s just a cultural thing and agreed to have a 45 min massage for 180 RMB each. The two ladies stayed in the room whilst we undressed, giving no privacy and to be bluntly honest, clearly didn’t have a clue what they were doing during the massage. They were chatting throughout most of it and had phones going off, my masseuse even left the room to change because she was hot etc. Long story short, if you want a decent massage and not “something else” steer well clear

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel G
Betty W, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Zhuhai City Center. We understand and apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently working to make enhancements to deliver a more comfortable stay for all of our guests. We hope for the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you are in the area. Regarding the problems you mentioned, we will address the issues with the departments concern for further improvement including making it more user-friendly. Once again, our apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your continuous support!

Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

I have been staying at this property on and off for the last couple of years. It is a typical bussiness hotel which follows a minimalistic philosophy.

The rooms are very spacious and the room service does a good job of their upkeep. If you have a room in the executive floors then you have access to the lounge on the 16th floor where you can also come in for breakfast.

The complimentary breakfast has a good spread and shouldn't be missed. It is usually served on the 4th/5th floor.

The location of the hotel is right in the middle of Zhuhai and all the major shopping centres and eating joints are walking distance.

As anywhere in China, the language is a big issue so it takes a while asking for room service or laundry on the intercom but it is managed in the end.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Betty W, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Zhuhai City Center and for taking your valuable time to share your feedback with us. Your recognition would undoubtedly be a great encouragement and motivation to our team to keep aiming higher and better.
Regarding the problems you mentioned, we will address the issues with the departments concern for further improvement including making it more user-friendly. Thank you once again for all your great and continuous support and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the nearest future !

Reviewed October 16, 2017

I have been staying at this property since the 2000s and it was the nicer if not the nicest hotel in the area. My last two stays in the past six months were total disappointments.

When I arrived at the counter to check-in around 10pm, the staff (an intern) told me "Sorry, you have to wait. They are cleaning your room right now." I asked to speak with the manager so the intern made a call and a senior staff next to him told him to just arrange an alternate room immediately. At this point I was already worrying about my stay.

The hotel was going through major renovation to upgrade itself to Crown Plaza. Yet the drain in my UPDATED room was clogged (the bathtub was half full by the time I finished showering) and the water temperature was fluctuating the entire time I was in the shower.

My dad hopped into the shower later and noticed there was no shampoo in the complimentary set (an extra bottle of lotion tho). I made a call and the attendant delivered two bottles of shampoo and when I looked closely, I noticed one bottle was only half full.......made me wonder if it had leaked or the hotel was recycling the bottles, which just the thought of it was disgusting.

As a long time IHG member I was standing in the IHG member-only lane in the morning to check-out. The staff was busy serving the guest in front of me and I was second in line. I waited for TEN MINUTES and NONE of the other staff behind the counter offered to assist me. Were they busy serving other guests? Absolutely not! I told the staff how I felt about my stay when it was my turn and they just looked at me like they don't know what to do or say.

By now I thought this was the end of the nightmare, not quite. I went there for a business deal and I wasn't sure if it was going to take one or two days to settle. My solution was to book two nights separately with points. I stayed the first night and checked out in the morning like I described earlier. I would then have until 6pm that same day to cancel the reservation with no penalty.

My business concluded early so I cancelled the reservation in the afternoon. IHG in Asia (HI Zhuhai & HIE Bangkok at least) don't provide cancellation confirmation automatically like they do in the US and Canada, so I have a habit of checking online to make sure I have the points back to my account which they did, all 15000.

Days later I noticed a charge on my card for $111 USD at this property. I called the hotel to figure out what it was for and the only thing the staff said was "You didn't show." which is damn accurate because I HAD CANCELLED the reservation and left China...I've been attempting to work something out but the response has ALWAYS been "You didn't show."

This hotel was once really nice and the only western standard chain available in Zhuhai. I loved it for the genuine service and comfortable accommodations. Unfortunately I am at the brink of, if not already, losing all confidence in it...... and yes, there is a new Marriott only 2 minutes away now!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Betty W, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear Guest, ,
Firstly, thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Zhuhai during your recent trip.
We would also like to thank you for taking your valuable time in sharing your experience with us after your stay which is truly appreciated. We can certainly understand your frustration and please do accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience that may have caused. It has always been our goal to striving for high standards of quality and service and feedback such as yours will undoubtedly help us to achieve that goal. Please rest assured the experience you have had was purely an isolated incident and not the usual high standards that we deliver. We truly hope that the experience will not detour you from choosing to stay at our hotel in the future. Regarding the problems you mentioned, we will address the issues with the departments concern for further improvement including making it more user-friendly. To enable us to look after and take care of your requests or problem even more personally, please do not hesitate to contact us direct through email@holidayinn-zhuhai.com. Once again, our apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your continuous support!

Reviewed August 13, 2017

Spent 3 nights there, hotel is still under refurbishing, Romms clean and huge.
Very good to me. Restaurant at pub is expensive for china but good. Beverages overpriced compare to restaurant around. Taxi are easy to get even late night.

Stayed: August 2017
Betty W, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Zhuhai and for taking your valuable time to share your feedback with us.Your recognition would undoubtedly be a great encouragement and motivation to our team to keep aiming higher and better.Thank you once again for all your great and continuous support and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the nearest future !