See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 12, 2015 via mobile

It's very convenient stay in this hotel. Near to the ocean and ferry station. There is a street near by the hotel and you can find night clubs and international restaurants, you can go there by foot. The service in the hotel is good, the buffet was great. The rate per night is ok.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2015 via mobile

Large Hotel in ZuiHai of only average standard.
6/10

The good
- very cheap £60/ night (but average price for China)
- location, overlooking the bay
- they serve a western breakfast

The bad
- like most Chinese hotels they haven't kept up with the maintenance so it's starting to look tired
- the staffs standard of English poor (compared to similar hotels)
- rooms smell very smokey

Recommendations
- try one of the newer hotels in the area.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank TheAJFexperience
Reviewed October 30, 2015 via mobile

You have to ensure that you keep the change bed sheet card on bed, if you want to get it changed.
Take the corner rooms of every floor which are bigger in size with an extra small reading room.
Swimming pool and Gim facilities are ok and available.
Restaurant is ok, but don't expect any Indian stuff.
Lobby is good and wide.
Can exchange forex at front desk at good price.
Have some shopping area in the ground floor for any urgencies.
Air con in the night is not controlled properly as we expect
Breakfast is good but might not find more variety for Indian. Some breads, cornflakes with Fruits can be the option for pure vegetarians
Location is good.
Nice experience to have a walk along the beach in the evening.
Cycles for couples available to stroll around on the sea side road.
Night life is good. Street is alive all night with many pubs. It's also called as famous Bar street.
Walking distance to Gombei underground market, where every foreigner would be fond of buying some items. Also can hire a cab at minimum prices of 10rmb.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2015

I have stayed at this hotel several times during my trips to Zhuhai, my last visit was disappointing. In the past I could adjust the room temperature to 20°C and expect the night time room temperature to reach 68-70°F, nice and cool, cold to some. But the Hotel seems to have developed a new policy, the room temperature is preset to 24° and the room would settle around 77-79°F, a bit warmer than what I like. I left a note and management/maintenance looked at it, and I received a response back from management that the rooms were set to 24°C, I did receive a little water based cooler fan, which helped, but my preference would be to have a colder room. Other things about this hotel was okay, internet was a little slow and dropped me a few times and the rooms are starting to look a little worn, but I was able to stay and get a good enough nights rest.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2015

From the official photos one would be understandably of the opinion that this was a luxurious hotel situated by a pristine beach. One would be wrong. In my experience it is more accurately describable as a perhaps once grand but now tired and worn hotel much in need of repairs.

From the non-smoking rooms that smell like cigarette smoke (the desk clerk responded with surprise that I wished to change rooms due to the smell as my original room was on a "non-smoking floor" - which begged the question as to why there was a butt-filled ashtray by the elevator on it) to the tattered and soiled carpeting in both my original and replacement room to the peeling wallpaper in my "deluxe bay view" room, everything I saw left me wondering if the people who had booked the hotel for me for that evening had ever actually stayed in it.

About that "deluxe bay view" room - to which I was moved and for which I was charged extra after I complained about the smell of my original room - the "view" was indeed of the bay but it is not through one of the floor to ceiling glass windows depicted in the hotel's publicity photos (I'm not sure just how one acquired one of these such rooms) but through a window positioned at least four feet above floor level - too high to even see anything but sky when seated in a chair near it. And as for the "deluxe" part, that was little more than the room's writing desk being situated in what appeared to be a dead-space utilized nook curiously jutting off the sleeping area.

On a two week journey through China, I stayed in some truly delightful hotels as well as some fairly mediocre ones but this one was the only one in which I felt decidedly uncomfortable as a result of the condition of the facilities. I was later told by some Chinese friends that Zhuhai is not known for the quality of its hotels - the better off clientele apparently opting to stay in the far more expensive nearby Macau - and based on my experience with this particular one I can now add my agreement to that assessment.

Room Tip: Ask about a room with a bay view and floor to ceiling windows; rumor has it that those have been more recently renovated.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business