“GREAT HOTEL”

Paradise Hill Hotel
Ranked #221 of 566 Hotels in Zhuhai
Reviewed 30 December 2015

The hotel is on a picturesque site.
Although the hotel is a little bit out-dated in terms of its furnishings, it has a very good location which is backed by a small hill with a tranquil and park-like surrounding. The swimming pool is excellent. There are also two well equipped tennis courts. Our room was generally comfortable and clean. It has a nice view from a large private balcony separated from the room by sliding doors

Stayed: April 2015

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were terribly misled by the info available online. It was a pathetic hotel with horrible facilities. No proper food was available. The staff didn't understand English. Though we booked ourselves for three nights, but because of this hotel we didn't not had the will or desire to explore the city of Zhuhai and next morning we took the first ferry back to HK.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SaadSeeb
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I'm honestly flabbergasted that this place is even called a hotel and that the place still stands. My family and I booked the hotel through RCI exchange and they mentioned the hotel was under minor renovation. When we arrived there, the main hotel turns out to be actually closed, So, we spent hours finding our so called "room" for we received the confirmation letter of our stay. After minutes spent searching, we found out that there were still some rooms in mini bungalows at the back of the hotel. Now here's the worst part, there is no hot water (it was in the middle of winter when we visited), all the facilities are closed, and the walls are just cracked & old. (P.S the staff does not speak a word of English).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mr A
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This hotel seems very tired. It looks like it has seen better days and is in desperate need of a facelift. The "Lakefront Villa" rooms are large, but carpet looks old and dirty and the rooms have a dank and musty smell. There's a glass door that opens up to an enclosed balcony, but the windows don't open, so there's no way to get fresh air, other than to run the fan in the bathroom, which barely helps. Lighting is also not very bright, even with all lights on in the room. It makes it hard to work at night, and more electric outlets to charge phones and laptops would be useful.

There is free Internet in the rooms using cables, but Wifi only works in the lobby area, or in the small restaurant above the lobby, and it's spotty service at that. The staff speaks little English, and service is not very good. Facilities are listed that don't exist, but they do have a small scenic pond and there is an outdoor swimming pool.

The one thing that is FANTASTIC is the spa next door. It is on the grounds of the property, though I think it's owned by different people. The one-hour foot massage is incredible! It was so good, I then went for a full-body massage. Total price for an exquisite 2 hours of relaxation was $15. It's worth the stay at this hotel just for this. Unfortunately I discovered this on my last day, otherwise I'd have been in there daily.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building. I stayed there once and the room did not have the musty smell.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank irishmist1
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We are non-smokers and being aware that smoking is not banned indoors, we specifically stressed that we are given a non-smoking room.
We were assigned a room to one of the villas which is a few minutes walk from the main building. However the room is barely of 3-star standard ... let alone be classified as villa. It was small, dimly lit and the carpets were old (and quite dirty). The bathroom door was old and bloated so it would not close properly unless you force it. Everything was still bearable until some guests checked in to the neighboring room. The room given to us was a connecting room. And once the guests in the other connecting room started smoking, the choking cigarette smoke seeped into our room through the connecting door. That was the last straw.
Booked and paid for a week's stay but ended up checking out early, sacrificing 2 nights because we just could not take it anymore.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jadene_Yeo
Reviewed 26 July 2012

By far this is the most disappointing hotel I have ever stayed in. In fact we left early because we were so unhappy.

The photos of other reviews are outdated, we were totally mislead to think this was a great hotel. This appears to have been a nice hotel back in the day which has not been maintained in years. Driving up to the building you can see the exterior has been neglected.

The main lobby has a filthy area rug, with large stains all over the rug. There is mold lingering in the banister above the couches. The rug is taped down in certain areas with packing tape. The wifi is only avaiable in the lobby area and has a weak signal.

The rooms on the left side of the building are older while the wing on the right side appears to be newer. Because I needed a suite for 3 people I had no choice but to stay in the older section.

The carpets appeared to not have been cleaned in months. There was mold on the walls below the window. I was scared to sit on the outdated couches. Because they were dark in color I had no idea what unseen stains were there. The ice bucket and refrigerator were also filthy.

The staff was friendly. Not many spoke English but they did their best to accommodate us.

During my stay I was completely uncomfortable and checked out 3 days early.

Room Tip: Don't be tempted by the low rate stay somewhere else. Otherwise if you must stay, get a room in...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaycee S
Reviewed 9 December 2009

Stay here with 5 and 7 years old kids for 5 nights.
it was a 4-5 stars hotel.
it's 3-4 stars now depend on which room you are in.
they have three different building, all smoking room
Lake View court/Pavilion - It has NO lake view, just a building name
Villa apartment
Main building

Lake View court/Pavilion has the cheapest room but I will say the worst 3 stars room.
dark and smelly, everyone smoke in this building. Stay away from this one if you are not a smoker. 1st and 2nd floor has small window and can open. 3rd and 4th has bigger windows but can not open.

Villa apartment - has no idea of the condition, it looks nice from outside but very dated.
You will better off with main building.

My room was on the main building after checked out three rooms in Lake View Pavilion.
It's nice and big - a CA King suite. it used to be 4/5 stars, but it's very dated and aging.
carpet is very dirty, wall paper falling off, bathtub too high.
Bed is FIRM, I guess that's China style.
This room doesn't have too much smoky smell.
But, I can sleep well after all.
It also has nice view of mountain, tennis court, pool and lake.
The hotel is away from main street, it's quiet.

This hotel mostly use by different China government department conferences.
It's often booked, and many many smokers.
I will try different hotel next time if I can find comparable deal.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family