See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 15, 2015

Upon arrival, the check-in was fast and friendly, like all the staff I met during my two days stay. I had chosen an Executive Room with Seaview in the 12th floor of the hotel. The room was quite spacious, there was enough place to work, the wifi connection to the internet was free and had enough speed for my usual work, I didn’t download any files. The bathroom was spacious as well, with a good combination of rain shower and handheld shower. There was enough space to hang my clothes and store my belongings in various shelves and drawers.

The hotel has two restaurants: a Chinese one and a Western one. The Chinese one was reasonably priced and had good food. The Western one was closed during my stay, except for breakfast. The breakfast was Chinese style, but you could get things like fried eggs, sausage and toast. That means, the choice of Western breakfast products was limited, but certainly enough for the start of a working day.

All this put together makes for a comfortable business hotel. I had two points of criticism, however.

First, there is no seaview. When you look out of the window, you look at three high-rise buildings standing side by side. The sea is visible only through the spaces between those buildings. I can’t complain about that, because I had read about it in another review.

The second one is a dealbreaker to me, I wouldn’t book this hotel again. I didn’t go back to the hotel of my last stay, the Grand Bayview Hotel, because last summer they had set the air conditioning to an unchangeable 24 degrees centigrade (75 Fahrenheit). Those who were feeling hot there got a fan from the hotel. Against this, the Nanyang Seascape Hotel says in its promotional materials that they have luxury rooms where you can individually set the temperature. When I arrived, the temperature in my room was about 18 degrees centigrade (64 Fahrenheit). I started the air conditioning at full blast, but the temperature didn’t budge. The staff told me that the air conditioning can heat, but that the management had decided that it wasn’t cold enough for that yet, the heating function was switched off. The staff was very helpful, by the evening they had found a heating fan, which improved things a bit. However, I had several hours of work at the desk in my room; while it wasn’t freezing, it was however pretty uncomfortable, as I hadn’t brought warm clothes. This might be a reason to choose an international hotel, where at least you can set the temperature to 21 centigrade and get it.

Room tip: The Executive Rooms are spacious and well equipped.
Date of stay: October 2015
Reviewed April 17, 2015

Stayed here two nights on business and found the staff very helpful and easy to deal with. The room was well appointed with all the modern requirements for a business stay.

Excellent shower :) and bed, multiple charging points for devices and a reasonably good wifi reception on the 10th floor.

The restaurant served excellent food with a broad range, although it helped we had a native speaker with us. Breakfast in the other restaurant was good but could be improved with good coffee.

The location served us well but will vary for others. Do the research for your specific needs. Hotel seemed in good order and well kept.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2015

In Zhuhai on business. It could have been a day trip, as it was a Friday I decided to stay the weekend which was pretty much a waste of time but I did meet some interesting people. The hotel is fine, it is a local style hotel which means it's free of bells and whistles. Chinese breakfast or fried eggs on toast, don't expect more. If you turn left out of the hotel entrance and left again you find some decent restaurants.

To answer another reviewers issue with the airconditioning, it is controlled by a remote control that looks alot like a TV remote. Confusing it certainly is and I have no idea why they did that or why they don't share instructions. I have not seen this anywhere else, ever.

Enjoy your stay, next time I will try somewhere else.

Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed December 24, 2014

Cons:
I've been to this hotel on about 3 or 4 different occasions now. It could just be because it's cold this time of year and that then translated into being freezing in my room on the 11th floor no matter what I set the in room thermostat to.

Because I'm in town on Business access to the internet is important. I continuously got disconnected and couldn't get any work done from the hotel

Pros:
The only reason I'm not rating worse because the staff is friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean. And the location is good. Very close by "Bar street".

Date of stay: December 2014
Reviewed December 15, 2014

The rooms are comfortable but small by Chinese standards. The lights can be controlled via a remote or Electronic push button on the wall. Neither method worked consistently as it was very difficult to get to the desired lighting. The internet worked well and the breakfast had a good selection of food. The hotel is in walking distance of Macau border crossing and 10-15 minute cab ride to the ferry terminal. The Seascape description is a bit of a stretch as there is a large building complex being built across the street that pretty much takes away the view.

Date of stay: December 2014