All reviews thai restaurant private pool western menu living area villa bedroom resort luxury
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. The environment is really lovely, with well designed gardens, a nice pool, and really discrete buildings hidden away behind trees.
We had a villa with a private pool, which felt really isolated. There was no noise around the place, the villa felt really luxurious and the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in.
The private beach was nice, the restaurant had a good mix of local and international food and the bars had a great selection of booze (although they closed way too early.
As importantly as any of the above the staff were really friendly and efficient, even when faced with our appalling lack of Mandarin waving our hands sign language communication.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Banyantreesanya_M, Manager at Banyan Tree Sanya, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you!

Reviewed January 31, 2018

My friend recommended the hotel to me so I went there with my husband in October last year. We stayed there for four days and it was just as amazing as we had hoped for. My husband was looking to relax during this holiday. The private beach was the highlight of the trip for him. He could go for his morning run in peace. I remember that the hotel staff was very helpful and not always hovering around which I appreciated a lot. This is the perfect place if you're looking to unwind amidst beauty and peace. The food was delicious and we didn't really venture out to eat!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pramilar22
Banyantreesanya_M, Manager at Banyan Tree Sanya, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

Dear Guest ,

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience.We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve. Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Came with my wife and daughter and was very impressed by the excellent service and hotel villa. There's only 40 something room in total and you can almost own your own beach and pool most of the time. The Spa was one of the best I have ever tried and it's a must if you stay in this hotel. Would definitely come again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Overall good. Villa was large, clean and tidy. Staff was nice and polite. Especially like the private beach area which is quiet; also it was the perfect spot to enjoy the stunning sunset. Cons: too many leaves falling down to the pool and there was no equipment provided in own villa to clear them up.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

This is my 7th time spent in Sanya, but the first at Banyan Tree.
The villa was secluded. At 3 AM on the attached beach, we enjoyed total privacy.
The staff is professional. I would like to make a special mention of Peter Fu. He offered a discount for an upgrade to a villa: we acceptes it. It turns out that the property had 2 stories: vast at 5300 sq ft. The next morning, Peter gladly changed it to the villa included our original agreed package. This villa was also extremely roomy: 4700 sq ft. Peter personally drove the golf cart and took over the moving.
He spoke good English. (I found out later that he studied in it to our original agreed package. Thos villa was also extremely roomy: 4700 sq ft. Peter personally drove the golf cart and took over the moving.
He spoke good English. (I found out later that he studied in Australia.) I also found out that he is a manager-in-training! I am sure that he would be in high places in no time.
The only restaurant at first brush appeared very quiet, but the staff is great; I appreciated the service from Dragon Li, and his assistant, Shelley. She was very attentive. And, she was only a trainee . I highly recommend seafood BBQ prepared and served right in your own villa.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Philip H
Lawrence Z, General Manager at Banyan Tree Sanya, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Dear distingueshed guest, warm greetings from Banyantree Sanya! Thanks for squeezing your percious time and share the experience here with other tripadvisors readers. Banyan Tree with only 49 villas lies in 13 hectares tropical garden, we are dedicated to natural harmony and aiming to provide a getway paradise for our guest. Also we already convey your praising towarding our MT peter, supervisor Dragon and trainee Shirely. We are very delighted knowing you like our in-villa dining, our Tomahawk Steak and Thai Seafood Pot are also good tries. Looking forward to your next visit!