All reviews dadonghai bay reef restaurant trendy hotel coconut chicken soup fabulous ocean view great hotel wonderful stay swimming pool chinese restaurant third floor house keeping food and beverage five star hotel hotel room western food breakfast buffet autographs
Reviewed September 25, 2017

One of the best hotels in China.

I have stayed at many of great hotels around the World but this ranks as one of my best ever. Our room 2002 has a breath taking sea view over looking both sea and infinity swimming pools.

The awesome breakfast makes this my best ever breakfast at any hotel. What can I say :). Sushi for starters; a fresh coconut with straw to drink its milk; big green olives, freshly squeezed orange juice , omelet,full English breakfast and full Chinese breakfast.

Just bloody awesome.

The staff at this hotel are brilliant and go out of their way to make you feel at home.

The room has a mini bar and fridge. Safe and robe and slippers as expected in a 5 star hotel. Also ;Free wifi that connects instantly. Room has built in USB charging points with UK plug sockets.

Beds are very comfortable with choice of pillowcases. 50 inch tv with an English movie channel and news channels CNN and RTtv

The room has a bath that could fit a whole family in and is over looking the sea.

There is coffee making kit in room.

The pools are so warm and sun beds are plenty. Some pools have swim up bars with stools in pool. The evening restaurant food and service is great. Prices for food are reasonable but beer is very expensive ;but you have to remember your in a five star hotel ;so one should be expected to pay a little more. Pop outside and the beer is dirt cheap. Note that our room with breakfast cost just £70 per night for two. Unbelievable Jeff lol. Asda price. Cheap as chips lol

I need to be very careful in future in singing the praise of any hotel because this hotel has set a new marker and level.

I will eat my words if ever I find a hotel that tops this one.

Hotel staff and manager was very welcoming and helpful. We were at first nervous about how we would get along not knowing how to speak Chinese in Sanya but this was not a problem as staff spoke good English. Waitress of the name Betty spoke in English and gave us another helping of ciabatta bread when she saw my joy after eating it all down.

Another extremely helpful member of the Reef restaurant was Bernice Many thanks to her. She allowed me to have some salad and fruit from the buffet that was already closed when we ordered our meals. Her English was very good also.

It's the little details that stand out for me. She deserves her post as manager. Just Awesome

Well done to all the staff and their professionalism in making our trip to china a memorable one.

China tops America as my number one destination in the World. China is simply breathtaking.

I strongly recommend this World class hotel. :) The British would certainly come if they knew about this tropical island.

My only downside to this hotel was that you could not walk along the prominard due to severe recent storm damage so we could not access the beach without finding alternative route. Alternative route was just a five minute walk. Sauna was out of order and they had no room indoor pool :(

Taxi from Sanya airport cost 100 yuan which is about £12 and takes around half an hour.

Word of Advice - jump into a metered taxi when arriving in Sanya; as the price is only 63yuan Arriving in sanya we jumped into any taxi and paid the price.

Also.; if doing a flight transfer as we did from Sanya to Hong Kong through to London ;then DONT buy any duty free in China as they will confiscate it in Hong Kong. Damn teef.

I have now had a taste of the millionaire life style at the price of a premier inn prices. Just Wow

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Don-Chelsea
Enid Z, Director of Rooms at The Shanhaitian Resort Sanya, Autograph Collection (by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Dear valuable guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at The Shanhaitian Resort Sanya, Autograph Collection with us.

Thank you for staying at The Shanhaitian Resort Sanya, Autograph Collection and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Sanya.

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Been to Sanya several time but this is the first time coming with my husband and my one year old. We all had a great time enjoying the wonderful facility and warm hospitality from all the staff. Highly recommended for family vacation.

We stayed at the autograph suite which is probably the best room I have stayed in recent years. 270 degree ocean view and a gorgeous and spacious bathroom just made the entire stay even better. Absolutely value for money.

Very impressed with the staff at the all day dining restaurant which remembered our preference. Breakfast buffet came with many many varieties and me and my husband enjoyed the Pod which is the bar on the third floor a lot. Kid's club is wonderful and SPA experience is also great. Would definitely visit again in the future.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Valued guest,

Reviewed September 9, 2017

This hotel is brand new (May 2017) and located right down to the sea. Beach is not so good, but I have never seen so many swimming pools in different sizes at a resort! Here is a pool for everyone!
Living in Shanghai, China service level is usually a challenge. But staying at this hotel is like being somewhere out of China...very high level of service, the staff really do everything they can for you, always smiling and approaching you, even if they know language can be a challenge. So positive!!
Tip: there is a nice outside bar at the hotel. If you don't like noise from the music (not a problem for us) at night, choose a room on the other side of the hotel. Or ask for a room as high as possible. We stayed at 11th floor, and it was not really a problem.
Great hotel, great location close to the city and sea, close to Harbor City with lots of restaurants, and fantastic service level and staff!

Room tip: Spend the extra bucks and choose a sea-view room, it's worth it! (or hope for a free upgrade to a sea-view room as we had).
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Enid Z, Director of Rooms at The Shanhaitian Resort Sanya, Autograph Collection (by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Dear Valued guest,
With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations.Your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service. Meanwhile, we will keep traning our staffs Spoken-English so that there is no language barrier between staffs and guest.

Reviewed August 24, 2017

It was a great experience I had during my stay. A fantastic team who carry the great hospitality passion and attitude.
Some young Hoteliers who I would like to specifically highlight with my experience during my stay. They do make the difference, especially for one who travels 200 nights a year, and feeling like having a home away from home.
Front Desk, Eric, Lina Tang who were so passionate, fast response, professional attitude in associating with me, and other Hotel guests around during my check in.
Korean Restaurant, Daisy, who also take extra steps in accommodating Guest satisfaction experience and service in your great Korean restaurant at Marriott Hotel.

Highly recommend to try all F&B outlets in Autograph and Marriott. I really like their chinese restaurant at Autograph, great presentation and taste. Also the Korean restaurant at Marriott, with their new Michelin star - Korean Chef, fantastic experience, great good, must also try their wasabi ice cream to close the meal with.

I will want to go back again and stay at this hotel

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Enid Z, Director of Rooms at The Shanhaitian Resort Sanya, Autograph Collection (by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

This is no doubt the most spectacular ocean view I had and the most friendly and caring hotel people I met in China. I was staying in this hotel for vacation alone, so I requested the hotel to let me have a picture of Pikachu to accompany me. Surprisingly, I have to mention the Front Office Manager Jay Ma and his team, who sent me a cute Pickachu doll with many photos. It was just out of expectation and really made my day. I would like to thanks Jay and I believe it is his great sense of taking care of guest's need & feeling that make this hotel outstanding. I was upgraded to the Fabulous Ocean View room, which has nearly 270 degree ocean view as well as wonderful beach view. You can even stand on the balcony doing nothing but enjoying the view for the whole day! One more person to be mentioned is Jack from concierge, who took me to the room and introduced all the facilities and restaurant in hotel, friendly and helpful.

I had lunch set at the Reef, the soup tastes really good and highly recommended. For dinner I had the hot pot set dinner at the Chinese restaurant. Though I'm having the two-person set alone, I had a good time cause the staff took good care of me, suggesting I can choose two pots with different flavour. What a nice experience.

The service of this hotel is just outstanding. I had a impressive holiday time here and no wonder I will come back again !

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Enid Z, 房务总监 at The Shanhaitian Resort Sanya, Autograph Collection (by Marriott International), responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017