All reviewsevery eveninghostelchinayuanchinese
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Nice clean place, really close to the beach. The owners are really sweet and helpful. We went on some great tours arranged by the owner, but they where also helpful if you need tips or advise exploring the island on your own...

Got free internet, possibility to buy breakfast and small meals, fried rice, dumplings ect. for a fair amount.

We had a really good time at sanya backpackers

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2011

One of the best things about Sanya Backpackers is Chris and his wife Linda. They are super knowledgeable about the area and definitely help to make your stay a great one. The hostel has a very good vibe; it's easy to meet people there.
The hostel is new. It's kept very clean. The dorm rooms are huge. Love the fresh towel every day. Individual lockers. Shower pressure is very good. Western toilets. Only thing that could improve the room is individual bed lamps, but those aren't really necessary. After all, I didn't spend too much time inside and used the bathroom light quite effectively when I didn't want to wake up anyone with the room light.
Great location caps it all off.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I know for sure where I will be staying when I go back to Sanya on my next weekend getaway. Its more likely calling a friend and asking for staying for a couple of days than actually choosing a hostel.

I enjoyed the scuba diving that Chris arranged - my first one, was a memorable experience; the barbecue, cause it gave me a chance to interact with people on a very down to earth way from diffferent walks of life ... just discussing about the trip, sanya, the island, china in addition to all the things you just talk about out of the blues.

I really enjoyed the company of Chris and Linda - now I can say I stayed at my friends in Sanya than saying i stayed at a place called Sanyabackpackers.

Good spot that you have there.
tks guys!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2011

the hostel is very clean and the staff would point you a way for anything you would like to try, surfing, hiking, scuba diving (the owner Chris is an instructor for scuba diving).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2011

A very nice and clean hostel just about 200 meters from the Da Dong Hai beach and 30 minutes bus from Ya Long Bay beach. The owners and the staff are super friendly and English speaking and will make you feel at home in no time. I really hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo