US$76
  • Pool
US$90
US$162
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

US$103
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

US$118
US$70
US$96
US$64
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$72/night.

US$86
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

US$445
clubmed.us
All reviewsprivate poolhaitang baytripadvisor reviewersgarden view villabeautiful hotelchinese restaurantrooms are gorgeousstandard roomduty free mallhouse keepingkids clubnoodlesbeautiful beachbuggyresorthainangm
Reviewed July 19, 2015

I just had the pleasure to spend a weekend at the Conrad hotel. The place is beautiful. In a lot of ways is a very intimate property where service is very personalized. The location is excellent! very close to many other luxury hotels and only ten minutes away from the Duty Free Mall, a very upscale shopping destination with excellent prices for China in luxury brands from Ferragamo to Zegna and everything else. There are always taxis around and they are affordable. They have free shuttles to the duty free Mall and the airport.
Everybody working in the hotel was very kind, starting by Patricia the front office manager who took great care of me, she was in contact even days before my arrival helping me to prepare. I have only words of praising for everybody working there, from the General manager who came to seat with me at the bar one afternoon to check everything was ok to the most humble of the workers who made a tremendous effort to greet me en English. There is actually an excellent level of english among those working here.
I was upgrade to a villa: What a wonderful room! It is more like a private home with everything one can wish for. With a private pool and lush gardens. The beach is nice and the public pool and general areas are very well maintained and opulent. This is a unique hotel and indeed one of the best Conrads I have ever seen.
Thanks very much to all. Special words of thanks to Michael and Frank who help me a lot during my time and they were even so kind and patient to prepare many translations to the Chinese for me so I can get around in China, To Jonathan who worked hard so I can printed my reservations and Anita who was so kind evey afternoon during the tea service at the bar.
I am looking forward to be back soon!

Stayed: July 2015
2  Thank traveladept1
Marlene P, General Manager at Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2015

Dear traveladept1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay with us!

I am so delighted to read that you had a wonderful holiday.

Thank you for your comments on our service, location, shuttles, villa and beach, especially you mentioned our team members Patricia, Michael, Frank, Jonathan and Anita. I have shared your comments with our team. Thank you again for your gracious comments about our service, my team and I are so proud to receive such comments.

It was great that you enjoyed the time with us, and I’m so glad to meet you. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon in the future.

Marlene Poynder

Reviewed May 27, 2015

As someone who has stayed at both the Conrad and Doubletree in Sanya, the Conrad is worth the extra money for 5 star amenities, world class service (Patricia is amazing), villas with private pools that serve as your private oasis and wonderfully delicious restaurant options. It is also nice that the Doubletree & Conrad are on adjoining properties (and I think a Waldorf will join sometime next year as it was under construction) so you can have a large variety of food options while still experiencing the much quieter, more tranquil Conrad resort as opposed to the extremely busy, buffet-style restaurant & packed pool area at the Doubletree. The price is definitely more at the Conrad but is well worth the price if you can afford it and are truly looking for a private, 5 star experience.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shelliu
Markus K, General Manager at Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2015

Dear Shelliu,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience on your recent stay with us! As well we thank you for your return visit and for again writing a review, not only for the Conrad but also for our hotel next door - the Doubletree Resort by Hilton Sanya HaitangBay.

We truly appreciate your loyalty. Thank you again for your detailed comments on our service and restaurants, especially for mentioning the name of Patricia - our Front Office Manager.

I have shared your good comments with our team and I am looking forward that we can welcome you in the near future with our excellent service and ensure you a great stay again.

Reviewed April 19, 2015

We went to Sanya for a Romantic Vacation to enjoy the quiet beaches of Sanya in Hainan China. We were very excited to have been able to book the Conrad Hilton given its reputation.

On the good side the rooms are opulent, spacious, and comfortable. The grounds are lush and well manicured. The sandstone facing of the buildings is neat and blends with the surroundings. The main lobby is richly decorated and comfortable with a picturesque view leading through the gardens to the bay. In addition, the service was in abundance and the beach was very nice.

On the bad side in order of annoyance:
1. Of the 4 nights we stayed there were functions at the Double Tree next door 2 nights and at the Conrad Hilton on one night in front of the pool. These events had sound and lighting systems befitting a J. Geils concert. The very loud noise and unnatural light ruined the atmosphere making staying at the pool unappealing. The noise carried to the balcony of our villa and the thrumming even penetrated the walls of our rooms with the windows closed.
2. Although the Jacuzzi is advertised as an amenity and is on the grounds map, it was not functional defeating the other relaxation plans for the evenings. It appeared as though the Jacuzzi hadn't been in use for quite a while.
3. The Gym was very small and 2 of the 6 exercise machines were not functional, being labeled with a note indicating as such. In addition, the bottled waters in the Gym were labeled 7 weeks prior. Even the scale did not work. The freestanding weights, matts, and step platforms seemed fine. Our exercise was limited.
4. The boardwalk around the pool had nails rising up and boards that were warped enough that we tripped on them as did a number of other people we watched.

Other items of note are:
* the food in the Restaurants in the Hilton and Doubletree next door is very good, but very expensive. Given the hotels are quite far from a good size city or town, options are limited without travel of more than 20 km. However, if you speak Chinese or have a Chinese speaking companion you can go to the small villages 10 minutes by taxi and have your choice of various cuisines at a more moderate price.
* taxi service from the hotel is readily available. But be careful to arrange transportation from where you go, as some places you might visit may not have taxi service as available.

In summary, room quarters, lobby, and grounds are luxurious and service is excellent. amenities are in poor repair and events at the hotel were disruptive. This is the Conrad Hilton and given the reputation I had higher expectations than were met.

Haitang bay has beautiful beaches and flora. I would visit the area again given the chance, but stay at more moderately priced accommodations given the short comings listed above.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Markus K, General Manager at Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2015

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and spending your romantic vacation with us .

I also want to thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback of your stay through TripAdvisor. We are sorry to learn the disappointing experience you encountered in our resort. I am so sorry that the sound volume of the function next door at the Doubletree was too loud. Indeed the event was very challenging and we finally managed to stop the event by 21:00 on April 18. We have already ordered the 2 spare parts of the bicycle and running machine at the Conrad gym which will arrive in the next weeks. In the meantime, the Doubletree gym is available also to our Conrad guests, with a large variety and selection of equipments. At the same time, we will also change the wooden decks at the pool side, from natural to synthetic wood and much more easy to maintain with current weather conditions. Meanwhile, we highly appreciate your comments as it is only through feedback like this that we are able to continually monitor and improve both our products.
Our team is committed to your complete satisfaction and empowered to deliver high standard service of Conrad.

We sincerely hope that on your next visit you’ll feel the true luxury of being yourself.

Reviewed April 3, 2015

This is the second Conrad hotel I have visited in China and let's just say I wasnt impressed by either.

We had our wedding at Conrad early Feb this year.

The PROs:

The villas were nice, clean, and relatively new.
Buffet breakfast was decent, consisted of buffet and a la carte.
It was very quiet in this resort, not overcrowded like Doubletree next door.

the CONs:

Pretty much non-existent service! So on my WEDDING DAY, we called a buggy to our villa to bring me to the wedding pavillion...I guess because I was nervous so I was kind of struggling with putting my heels on, and the buggy driver was sooooo impatient and wanted to leave within 30seconds of arriving at my villa! Seriously, this was not the kind of service I expected at this 5 star hotel when I decided to have my wedding here! Not long after, I managed to hop onto the buggy and the driver drive us to the wedding pavillion, but then we realized we forgot something in the villa as soon as we hopped off the buggy and called the buggy driver back.......and nope....he just decided to drive off......................at this point i was seriously questioning why I chose to have my wedding at Conrad.............

Another perfect example of the kind of rude and snobbish staff at Conrad... my friends and I were chilling by the main pool and a very rude man in a conrad uniform walked up to us and tried to tell us to get away from the pool, and proceeded to question us whether we were guests of the hotel......obviously in a very rude manner..........and we were also questioned by a buggy driver on the day of our wedding, while we were taking wedding day photos....whether we had "permission“ from the hotel to take such photographs..............again i was simply speechless.....

And also a complaint against a certain employee who works in the event department - I hope you were not taing rebates when you recommended a certain crappy wedding planner who almost ruined our wedding.

Dear conrad sanya, let's just say.....you really do know how to make sure your guests do not have a good time at your resort. I would highly advise ANYONE from considering this hotel for any special occasion..........

Honestly, just an overhyped resort in Sanya and if you're looking for nicer SWIMMBLE beaches, 5-star service, please consider other hotels in Sanya.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kylie Z
Markus K, General Manager at Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2015

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Conrad Sanya Haitang and for hosting your wedding with us last February. I also thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback of your stay through Trip Advisor. I would like to personally extend my deepest apologies for the multiple challenges you had experienced while you were having your wedding with us. It is not our goal to allow any of our guests to experience anything negative, especially on such a special day, and for this I am quite embarrassed. I know we cannot bring back the time you spent with us, but I would like you to know that the multiple issues with our team members have been swiftly dealt with according to our disciplinary and training procedures and as for the wedding events company we have immediately severed contacts with them as they were obviously not to what our standards should be.

I appreciate your honest feedback and as unfortunate as it was, I hope I can allow you to feel confident that your feedback has been heard and of course taken seriously. If you have more feedback to give then please feel free to reach out directly to me and I will be more than happy to speak with you further.

Thank you again for your time and I look forward to further assisting you.

Sincerest regards,

Markus Korsh

Reviewed December 30, 2014

This is our second time staying with Conrad brand hotel. This time, we brought along our parents to stay at the hotel. We have mixed feeling staying in this hotel/resort. The lists are as follow:

LIKES:
- The Deluxe room with Ocean View has beautiful view.
- Spacious room with 60 sq metre
- Spacious bathroom with rain-shower and separate toilet
- Heated bathroom floor **like it very much**
- Massage treatment at Conrad Spa **like it very much**
- 6 different Restaurants to choose to have your lunch/dinner
- Well kept and maintained property
- Not many guests around the resort, only during breakfast where you meet most of the guests.

DISLIKES:
- Our parents were checked in to smoking room although we requested for non-smoking room. This was rectified by the management on the following day, by giving my parents a free upgrade to villa.
- Some staffs are young and lack of experience working in 5 star hotel. Although they are polite, their inexperience eclipsed the hotel 5 star status.
- Poor sound insulation in Deluxe Room. You can hear people moving chair in other room. Also if you have a loud neighbour, who decide to be noisy at 4am in the morning, you will hear them from your room. Light Sleepers are recommended to get villa which offer better sleep at night.
- Occasional bus/car horn from the street can be heard at the resort. Although there are clear signs prohibiting the use of vehicle horn in the area, still some drivers ignore these signs and using their vehicle horn excessively.
- Buggy service may take a while during check in, check out, lunch time and dinner time

NOTABLE:
- Andy in Conrad Spa: Friendly, Professional, Humble and really good massaging technique. I miss her massage already.
- Vivian in Pacifica: Caring, Compassionate, Friendly, and Patient
- Star and Iris in Teatro: Attentive, Friendly, and Caring

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Markus K, General Manager at Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2014

Dear valued guest,

We appreciate your loyalty and that you have visited twice, this time with your parents. Thank you so much for your detailed comments on our room facilities, Spa, dining options, property maintenance and reclusion ambience, especially you mentioned our team members Andy, Vivian, Star and Iris. I am sorry that you experienced some unexpected inconveniences, and my team and myself are very committed in keep training our young team members in achieving high level standard of luxury service.