“not bilingual friendly, but if you know the language of rocks it is good”

Henan Geological Museum
Ranked #7 of 143 things to do in Zhengzhou
Reviewed November 18, 2016

This musuem has a large collection of rocks, good show on coal which is important to the region. just most of the items are in chinese with limited english translation. Lots of kids in the daytime that can be annoying.

Reviewed September 9, 2016

The only attraction to me is the water project that was completed recently. They have some information on dinosaurs and the types of rocks and minerals found this far too

Reviewed March 18, 2016 via mobile

It's pretty inexpensive to take a cab there and was easy to get one back to our hotel. The museum is beautiful and air conditioned (Yay!) and the exhibits are captioned in English. We could have spent longer but it closed at 4pm. My rock hound ten year old was enthralled and all the kids in the group enjoyed themselves so much. It was free for everyone when we showed passports. Everyone agreed this was the nicest place we have seen in Zhengzhou and the staff was very polite. The curator couldn't speak English so he found a teen to tell us the museum was closing soon and to point us to exhibit s we shouldn't miss.

1  Thank Julie W
Reviewed March 4, 2015

The henan geological museum is the perfect place to kill 2-3 hrs while visited zhengzhou. It is mainly aimed to kids or teen-agers but it isalso extremely interesting for adults. From dinosaurs to stones the museum offers a great presentation of henan geological resources

2  Thank Matteo C
See more reviews
Reviewed February 3, 2015

The dinosaurs in this museum were excellent!! I spent the majority of my time marveling at the dinosaurs and skipped the rest as most of it is in Chinese. I would highly recommend stopping by this musuem, even if it's just to see the dinosaurs. The museum is free if you bring your passport (or photo ID), so it's a no brainer.

It was REALLY cold in there, no heating I could feel and being February it was pretty cold. Also, there are two ticket times the first is at 9 and the second at 12:30. Not knowing this, I showed up at 12:00 and had to wait outside.