See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 5, 2017

Really nice people, and really excellent service. Everyone was helpful and pleasant. It was a little disappointing that there was no Front Desk service at the Holiday Inn itself, and that it was necessary to walk back to the adjoining Crowne Plaza to check in, and that there was no sign outside the property to guide the guest what to do. It's a little strange to walk into a hotel lobby and be met by complete emptiness! But all of the staff in the Crowne Plaza were friendly, and I enjoyed my two-day stay. One thing: the hotel needs to have real security at the Holiday Inn, since there is no one actually working in the building except a doorman and cleaning staff.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
CPZZ2015, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Zhengzhou Zhongzhou, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Dear Guest ,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Zhengzhou Zhongzhou.
Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed February 22, 2017 via mobile

There are three buildings of holiday inn inside one compound. The hotel is clean and good. But the holiday inn express block is even better.
Carefull while booking. Select the express with the plot no.114. The other one is plot no.115
But this doesn't mean this hotel is bad. It is good too.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
CPZZ2015, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Zhengzhou Zhongzhou, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2017

Dear Guest ,Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn Zhengzhou zhongzhou.We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.Thank you again for your feedback and support and we lookforward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thankyou!

Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

Finding a good international hotel in Zhengzhou for an affordable price can be tough. The Holiday Inn is up to Western accommodation standards, including a very good breakfast (surcharge) with both Chinese and Western offerings--all for a price almost 50% lower than many other international hotels in the area. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Tubs are in the bathrooms. Great toiletry items provided in each room. Highly recommend for both short and long stays. Be prepared for the front desk staff to have poor English, but it's not a big problem and they are courteous.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
CPZZ2015, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Zhengzhou Zhongzhou, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2017

Dear Guest ,Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed July 18, 2015

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Zhengzhou, which for starters must be noted is not the Holiday Inn Express Zhengzhou. Nonetheless, I made my booking and arrived at the big main lobby as one sees on the internet website.
No I was told - you are not booked in here ! but around the corner in our 'other' hotel.
So off i was sent to walk with my luggage a few hundred meters around the corner through an alleyway to another hotel block. Clearly a smaller hotel block, tiny lobby, and very basic (I don't think it was Holiday Inn Express)
Notwithstanding my Chinese colleague was not impressed.
When we asked reception why we were sent there we were told we had booked a 'special' rate and that meant this hotel (wing) and not the main hotel. I objected saying this was not what is advertised on the web (see their website) and was informed that if we paid RMB80 more per person we could upgrade back to the other main hotel room. So be it was my response to my Chinese colleague, who had to interpret as the reception staff could barely speak English.
After a heated discussion between my colleague and the reception staff about service we were however quickly chauffeured by car back to the main building and given our rooms we had perceived we had initially booked - and at no extra cost.
The rooms were large, modern, and well appointed. The hotel is modern, and breakfast is taken at the neighboring Crowne Plaza for some reason. (note - from what we saw the Crowne Plaza is not where you will have breakfast if they move you into the 'other' hotel wing)
We enjoyed dinner at the neighboring Sofitel hotel, with all the hotels located together in a central plaza. Once again our Chinese host who was to take us to dinner and heard of our booking dilemma was not impressed with the Hotel whilst he was left waiting for us to be carted from one hotel to another and back again.
In all, I can safely say the main Holiday Inn hotel is a nice hotel to stay in, and its modern and good value. But just be careful however where the hotel tries to check you in. There is no indication on the website booking that you are not booking into the main hotel, and I find it misleading that they present it as if you are. I did not book into the Express and my reservation booking certainly did not indicate this, but showed we were booked into the Main Holiday Inn. Getting shunted around from one hotel to the other was certainly not what I expected and i found it unprofessional. We could have clarified this all and sorted it our at the Main hotel.
Finally we were however satisfied that the main reception staff eventually corrected everything and provided us with what we expected at no extra cost, but Holiday Inn needs to do something about the misconception they create. A guest would be very unhappy if the hotel was fully booked and you were checked-in with no other recourse and to a hotel which was not what you thought you had booked.
Point to note: there is construction in the area where we were told that they are apparently building a new metro stop, and in the middle of the night you can hear the load activity. Its not by any means the hotels fault, and all the hotels in the area would experience the same disturbance.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2015 via mobile

Purpose of the 2 night visit was to meet and greet an Indian customer.

Hotel arranged all taxi services OK.

The mama mia restaurant is split into 2 sections, the wall making one side blind from the staff so we sit and wait for long time for service.

Hotel no longer has bar facility, evenings are so boring and feel I now need go to other nearby hotels where entertainment is provided. Admittedly everyone is different.

The hotel Crowne plaza is undergoing major refurbishment - now 2 years at least and never seems ending.

Breakfast currently is served in the holiday inn east wing and not crowne plaza due to thecrefurbishment.

Breakfast choice is good I am advised there will be an executive lounge facility for IHG members as part of the changes.

I have used this hotel now for 9 years and my loyalty is becoming thin. What they are doing to Crowne Plaza maybe felt necessary but unfortunately the place is now so far trailing others.

Someone decided to close the bar in 2014, the place that attracted somewhere for to go for the guests after a evening meal.

The staff at the hotel are brilliant and i over the years have grown close to them.

The decision makers need to make a plan.

Someones vision has got the better of them but yes nothing wrong with the place, food is good but no where or nothing to do in the evening

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business