Pan Pacific Suzhou
US$18
US$108
TripAdvisor
1,116 results
All reviewsfree accessitalian restaurantrabbit warrenhotel guestsgarden wingoutdoor pooltraditional architecturebeautiful gardena bit confusingbeautiful hotelthird floorclub roomancient cityscenic areaold stylesheraton hotelroom key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Ok I got a great deal for a standard room, otherwise it probably would have been too expensive. It is a beautiful hotel with the lovely Pan Men Gate area attached. Had a standard room for 1 night only. We ate all of our meals there, mainly because we were tired and the hotel offered a great respite. The room was fine, smaller than what we had experienced during our trip but absolutely no complaints. Bed was comfortable.
The food was quite nice, but I must say the buffet breakfast (paid extra) was below standard. Even the dim sum were not cooked. A big let down. Also this was the first time that I experienced staff 'hanging around' for a tip. You know that feeling you get when they just wont go away.
The hotel organised a taxi to take us to Tongli and back and generally I must say the staff were just amazingly helpful and efficient.
Would go back if I got the same deal, but would probably skip the buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Standard room was fine.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gohomemumbai
Jessica L, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear gohomemumbai,

Thank you very much for your review and we are glad you had nice stay. Please keep an eye on our hotel website whenever you want to come back to Suzhou, I am sure you can find the latest packages or deals there that you can make use of.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

We arrived late at night and my wife's words were something like this: "Is that the site..oh it's a hotel...oh it's our hotel." We were met and checked in to the Pacific CLub and they never missed a beat the whole weekend. Everyone had a smile and their face and were etremely helpful whether recommending a site, booking a massage, or personally walking us from one restaurant (that had closed a bit early) to their other restaurant to ensure we were seated and taken care of. Room was comfortable and well apointed. Definitely take advantage of Pan Men next door.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Jessica L, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear EdD99_12,

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to know you and family like the surrounding of our hotel and enjoyed your stay here. We warmly welcome you to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times since 2007 - three or four times in its former incarnation as the Sheraton and now twice as the Pan Pacific. I still think it's a good, 4-star hotel, and worth considering as a base for exploring the older sections of Suzhou. Having Pan Men next door (free access for guests) is a huge bonus too. However I think that if this hotel wants to compete with the newer kids on Suzhou's block (e.g. Intercontinental, Kempinski, Shangri-La) it needs to raise its game.

Usually I stay in a standard (deluxe) room, and many of these have balconies and wonderful views over Pan Men. This time, though, I was in the club wing. The room was much larger, and very comfortable, but the view was poor. There was also a real lack of natural light. Another thing that bothered me was the poor drainage in the bath, shower and sink.

I really liked the evening 'cocktail hour' at the Pacific Club (6-9pm), and the selection of drinks was good (champagne, red/white wine, spirits, beer). The service was very good too, even though there was only one (very over-worked) member of staff. The hors d'oeuvres, though, were a disappointment - not a great selection and quite bland tasting. In fact I think F&B at this hotel has gone seriously downhill over the years. Breakfast at the Garden Brasserie was also very average (the potatoes weren't cooked properly and my danish was a little stale).

I used the swimming pool twice and both times found wet towels and slippers strewn around the changing room. Another black mark.

All of this is a real shame, as I love this hotel and have spent many enjoyable holidays there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Jessica L, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Suzhou, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear jamesc23,

Thank you very much for your review and the feedback from a loyal return guest like you is very precious to us. The management already take note of the areas you mentioned and address to the team for action. We sincerely invite you to come back in near future and hope you can see positive changes.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I had the privilege to stay at the Pan Pacific while traveling for work. It is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in, and I have stay in many over the years. The price of the hotel was about $150 U.S. dollars per night. For that amount, you got a suite, with a marble bathroom, wonderful bedroom and separate office/den. The restaurants were very good (even the Italian one) and the staff very helpful. One I wanted to mail postcards home, all I had to do was ask at the desk and give them some money and they took care of it. Also, there are some lovely gardens right behind the hotel which you can visit. The admission fee is only about $4.00. There is a temple that was built in 1000 A.D. still on the grounds. I wish we had been able to stay at the Pan Pacific for more than one night.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Lunamoth2001,

Thank you very much for the review. For sure one night is a bit too short to experience the beauty of surroundings and make fully use of the hotel facilities, we are happy you had a good time, and wish to see you back very soon and stay longer next time.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed for a full week at the Pan Pacific Suzhou in March 2012 and enjoyed every minute. There are two different sections of the hotel and I was lodged in the section that was geared more toward Western guests. From what I could tell, the staff members in this section were more experienced with the English language, which made things easier. (I'm working on my Chinese, but it will take a few more decades, I think!) In this section there is an Italian restaurant that serves a nice variety of food. Of course, we could also walk over to the other section of the hotel to take advantage of the large Asian buffet. There is also a very pleasant lounge across from the Italian restaurant that serves complimentary finger food and wine in the evenings. It was a very relaxing place to sit and read or chat.

The room was perfect, functional and elegant. The work desk is large and the chair is comfortable. Others have mentioned the beautiful showers with stonework and natural light channeled in from the roof. I was pleased to find that the bed was not hard. I like soft support and this was just right.

I spoiled myself with one spa treatment, a short reflexology foot massage, on my last day. I should have tried more. It was easy to walk in and schedule, and they seemed to have plenty availability.

Finally, the staff members are absolutely wonderful. They are very attentive and personable.

I will definitely stay here again, and I will try other Pan Pacific properties when I get the chance.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear brg1060,

Thank you very much for your review and we are happy to know you enjoyed your stay so much. For us, "felt like home" is always the highest compliment from guests. We wish to welcome you back very soon.