All reviewsgreat locationtourist areabusiness centerbars and restaurantsstayed daysbar and restaurant areainternational standardspedestrian streetbusiness tripnon smokingswimming poolchinainternettaxilanternstempletoiletries
Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

I spent at nikko hotel at least 30 nights in the last 5 years. Location in smart because closed to the pedestrian street. Rooms and common areas are ok. At the penthouse there is a Japanese restaurant that is one of the best I never tryed. Gym is ok

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Zamami N, 经理 at Hotel Nikko Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your compliments and we are glad to know that you had an enjoyable experience stay in our hotel. Welcome to the official account in Wechat for most recent preferential information! We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Nikko Wuxi soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is central located. Around the hotel are a lot of restaurants, pubs and bars. The rooms are good provided and clean, The breakfast buffet is international and good.
I can recommend the hotel.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Zamami N, 经理 at Hotel Nikko Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2017

Reviewed January 23, 2017

Stayed at this hotel during business visit in month of December. Hotel is located centrally in Wuxi. There are lots of Bars, Restaurants, Shopping Places nearby. Buffet Breakfast spread is good but the breakfast sitting area seemed small considering the size of the hotel. Hotel was "Ok" in all aspects, didn't find anything spectacular to write about. I would recommend this hotel to all wanting fuss free stay in Wuxi for business or for fun.

Room Tip: Choose Higher Floors for Better View
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Zamami N, 经理 at Hotel Nikko Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2017

Dear guest,thank you for your choosing hotel nikko wuxi,your satisfaction is our consistent pursuance.We will improve as soon as possible, and try our best to provide you perfect service next time.

Reviewed November 7, 2016 via mobile

Really great location in central Wuxi with loads of food, shopping and entertainment options nearby. I found a great craft ale bar about 10 mins away. There is nothing wrong with the hotel but it is not quite as high end as it could be. The rooms are lacking something in terms of plushness and the whole hotel could benefit from some modernisation.

Stayed: October 2016
Masahiko W, 销售总监 at Hotel Nikko Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2016

Reviewed October 29, 2016

I have seen other Nikko's (in the US) and they were top notch top hotels. So- as we do business in this area and the Radisson Blu which is nice but is a little too far from where we work we tried this place. I know things are different in China and this was an example of that.
First the upside- the employees really do try and do a good job. You do not get the typical "yes yes" with no action that I have seen in some places. The pool is clean and good if you like to swim. The employees at the breakfast are also good.. Also the restaurant at the top of the hotel had great food and I would eat there again. Nice view too. Here is why we will not go back however for a stay there: One example- we were there in early October and it was quite warm. Well the hotel turns off the AC to the guest rooms evidently-- but does not tell you - so when you set the thermostat to a cooler temp and turn on the AC the fan turns on and then heat comes out! I am not surprised in a less prestigious hotel in China for this to occur as we have been doing business in this country for years. However- I absolutely expected more from a Nikko. Lesson learned. So- I call down to the desk and at first their story is " Maintenance is working to repair it and it is turned off" . And I asked that please work on it another time as it was too warm in our room. You can hear them stammer and not really have an answer. Also- we did notice in the rest of the hotel the system - seemed to be working fine- in common areas such as the restaurant for breakfast etc...Thankfully- they did seem to turn it back on about 10 minutes after that call. AND yes- this happened again the same way the next day. Really? Groundhog's Day! 2) my partner took our computer to the worksite one day and I went to the Nikko "business center" to use a computer. Again- if we were in a regular schlocky Chinese hotel I would not be surprised. But I had higher expectations for a Nikko. Lesson learned. The "Business Center" consisted of about 5 or six computers in sort of a pay telephone styled booths. These looked circa 1999 and the one they put me on did not work. They sent someone and a young man tried to fix it for a good while to no avail. So I suggested one of the others as they were all available and they shook their head- basically those did not work. (?!) Well- to the credit of the employees, after they tried for a good while on the broken computer - with three of them attempting to fix it they then let me use their own computer (which was up to date and worked fine). So- I do appreciate the Niiko's hard working and considerate employees. These employees were of the type of service one would expect from this "4 star" hotel. However the facilities were basically that of an old holiday inn. PS our "non smoking room" that was on a "non smoking floor" was strongly smelled of stale cigarettes and air freshener and we are not even that sensitive. We will try the Kempinski next time we are in the area.It is not an awful place- Just expect more from a Nikko.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the village across the street as it can get noisy over there.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Masahiko W, 销售总监 at Hotel Nikko Wuxi, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your experience at Hotel Nikko Wuxi.
We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
In the period between seasons, our hotel provides cool air in specified time every day depend on the temperature; we are very sorry for the inconvenience we have caused, we will check again the supply time of cool air and try to make our guests feel comfortable.
In terms of the broken computers in the business center, as the computers are public computers, so guests cannot install or download files in them. We are sorry we do not explain well at that time, which caused misunderstanding.
As the cigarette smell in the “no smoking room”, we are sorry maybe the previous guest smoke in room, and our Housekeeping Department could not remove the smell perfectly. We will carefully check the room condition after the housekeeping to provide a pleasant environment for the guests.
We are sorry for the unpleasant experience staying in our hotel; we will improve as soon as possible. We appreciate your valuable concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Thank you and best regards.