“UN-fancy but oh so delicious!”
Review of Smokehouse BBQ - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Smokehouse BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This little roadside joint surprised us with the quality & flavor of the food. Even though there was only one waitress and she was completely overwhelmed, we were still served with courtesy and in decent time. Fried clams brought back memories of Howard Johnson's Friday nights, that's how good they were. Ribs fell off the bone with a sauce that was incredible in its simplicity. Returning for lunch the next day, an appetizer of fried pickles was unexpectedly incredible, dripping slightly with savory oil and crispy in tasty thin batter. A pulled pork sandwich was simply the roughly shredded meat from aforementioned ribs, not needing the bun (and I didn't eat it). Portions are extremely generous. Fountain Lemonade was disappointing, clearly coming from a powdered mix. A place like this should really offer fresh squeezed, but it's still completely worth it. Don't expect fancy silverware - in fact, all cutlery is plastic and all dishes & cups are styrofoam. Earth-friendly & heart-friendly it's not, but you will come away completely satisfied!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have visited the smokehouse often in the past two years and have seen it going from so so to worse My last visit was truely my last visit.Ribs and chicken so over cooked and dry it was hard to tell which was pork and which was fowl.Both were foul,Served by the owner expecting me to "enjoy" inconsistant and careless.Anyone who thinks this is good bbq eats at burger king too often. Enjoy if you can, Peter Hedges

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Decent barbecue, not much atmosphere but hearty eating.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

I have only eaten at the Smokehouse once, but the beef brisket sandwich I ordered was absolutely delicious, and rivaled anything I have eaten in Texas or down South. They gladly trimmed all the fat off at my request-some places don't want to-and the sandwich was large, tender and terrific. It came with a side of good cole slaw. I was going to order fries, but what I had was plenty to eat. The waitress was pleasant, and surroundings are fast food style. I will definitely go back.