“Never again”

Add it.
Smokehouse BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I stopped by this restaurant with my girlfriend having passed it frequently and always wondered how tasty it was. Upon arrival the restaurant was empty and we were greeted by a sweaty young man with a dirty grease stained apron. After finding a seat it was then that I noticed how unbelievably hot and humid it was and the number of flys on the tables. My bottled water came out of the fridge luke warm leaving me to wonder how food could stay fresh in a fridge that wasnt cold. The dirty off putting waitress brought out our food to the table on styrofoam picnicware after telling me that the "cook" had messed up my order (even though we were maybe the only two customers that had been there all day) we began to try and eat. We could not tell the difference between the meat in my cheesesteak and my girlfriends roast beef. Unable for us both to finish half of the meal we threw it in the garbage and asked for our tab which came out to be $19.80. I urge anyone who thinks of eating here to reconsider if you have any respect for what goes in your body. The number of health hazards here were astonishing.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

We went here once, and will never return. It is dirty inside so we took our order to go. The brisket sandwich was so fatty and disgusting. The pork was dry as a bone. Never again.

1  Thank lovecharleston612
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This little roadside joint surprised us with the quality & flavor of the food. Even though there was only one waitress and she was completely overwhelmed, we were still served with courtesy and in decent time. Fried clams brought back memories of Howard Johnson's Friday nights, that's how good they were. Ribs fell off the bone with a sauce that was incredible in its simplicity. Returning for lunch the next day, an appetizer of fried pickles was unexpectedly incredible, dripping slightly with savory oil and crispy in tasty thin batter. A pulled pork sandwich was simply the roughly shredded meat from aforementioned ribs, not needing the bun (and I didn't eat it). Portions are extremely generous. Fountain Lemonade was disappointing, clearly coming from a powdered mix. A place like this should really offer fresh squeezed, but it's still completely worth it. Don't expect fancy silverware - in fact, all cutlery is plastic and all dishes & cups are styrofoam. Earth-friendly & heart-friendly it's not, but you will come away completely satisfied!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have visited the smokehouse often in the past two years and have seen it going from so so to worse My last visit was truely my last visit.Ribs and chicken so over cooked and dry it was hard to tell which was pork and which was fowl.Both were foul,Served by the owner expecting me to "enjoy" inconsistant and careless.Anyone who thinks this is good bbq eats at burger king too often. Enjoy if you can, Peter Hedges

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Decent barbecue, not much atmosphere but hearty eating.