See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

Not bad but Not good
the bed's condition is good enough to sleep and linen is clean too.
But I was surprised due to room maintenance condition.
It's bad actually.
And Honestly, the bathroom's drain did not work well.
so 5 minutes after taking a shower, the water i used could not be drawn from the drain hole.
That is fine for me though, But if you really care about room conditions, I would recommend to go another hotel.

But the hotel provides the free airport suttle bus and kind services. These are very nice for tourist just staying one night to lay over

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2016

This is a strange review, since I never found the hotel. On Hotels.com they list the hotel as being located 0.6km due east of the airport and place it on the map accordingly. Because 0.6km is within walking distance, I booked it. I printed out the map available for use to find the hotel. I also printed out, in Chinese, the name of the hotel in case I needed it for some reason. Fast forward to my arrival into Qingdao. In the the rain, I walked to the location indicated on the map input into the Hotels.com website. All I found was a large field. I spent nearly 30 minutes in the rain walking around the large block indicated and found no site of anything promising. No local I inquired with had any idea where might the hotel be. I had no internet/cell phone in China, so ended up giving up. Of note, I saw no taxis to use either and there was no English assistance at the airport at the time I needed it. So, I gave up and paid for another hotel adjacent to the airport. When I complained to Hotels.com I was informed that the hotel was not willing to assist with the issue or issue a refund of any sort. The real kicker is that despite being alerted to the grossly inaccurate listing they submitted to Hotels.com (the hotel supposedly is 3km due south, not 0.6km due east as indicated on the info submitted to Hotels.com), they have not changed the inaccurate info to reflect the hotels true location.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank escapereality2005
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

Location: 1hr far Wusi guangchang(May fourth square) by bus. 5 mins far from airport by taxi. Few restaurants near hotel mostly chinese and korean style food. No shopping mall, tourist attractions near hotel

Room: Basic and clean but drainage needs repairing.

Breakfast buffet: Only chinese food, need improvement, looks not clean

Staff: there was only one staff who speaks basic english.

There was airport shuttle but no information was given in advance. Book airport shuttle at reception the day before you check out. When I checked out, airport shuttle was full so staff arranged taxi for me (of course it was free)

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank jiho107
Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

I'm the kind of person who usually sees the positive side rather than the negative, but this time I can hardly see it. I don't understand why other reviews say that this is a decent hotel, I don't even think it is remotely close to it. Apart from the fact that this hotel is close to the airport and several local dining places, it's not a place you'd rave about or stay more than 1 night in. I'm sure there are many better hotels out there that deserve your money.

The lobby might look like this is a half decent hotel, but the room we got looked more like a hostel or guesthouse (or worse, considering we've been to better hostels in Vietnam!).

Only 2 of the 6 power sockets worked and those 2 were for air conditioning and TV. The one for fridge didn't even work. So we had to use power bank to charge our mobile phones. The curtains belonged in the 60's and God knows when they were washed last. Stains are everywhere; on the wallpaper, carpet, mirrors, bedside lamps. They don't even clean the toilet as I could see black stain around the hole indicating that it's been used a long while without proper cleaning. And the worst thing was nails sticking out of the carpet. We had to cover them just so we wouldn't step on them.

Now, I don't know which room other reviewers got but mine was honestly the worst I've ever gotten and I wouldn't consider it to be a standard hotel class. Not even Chinese standard I'm sure because it's really a disgrace. Avoid at all cost, unless the only other option you got is sleeping on the sidewalk.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2016

Good location for an airport hotel (although, you'll need a taxi to get there... not walking distance.) The hotel was nice enough for one night, but they don't serve breakfast or have a cafe and there isn't really any food close by as far as I could see. I ended up going to the airport early and eating there although even the airport didn't have a lot of food options. Airport transportation was free and the driver was friendly.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo