All reviews wanda plaza modern facility suite upgrade lobby restaurant other star hotels checking in business trip check in was easy glass wall hotel is located fitness center highest standard swimming pool wonderful hotel nice room breakfast buffet would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed September 9, 2018

The hotel is located in the central business district very near to Wanda Plaza, a large mall complex. The nearest metro station is about a 10 minute walk away and this will get you almost anywhere you want to go in the city. If not, you can grab a cab. The hotel staff is friendly and tries to be helpful. My only complaint was an upgrade to a suite which was on a smoking floor. Generally, I request a non-smoking room with a good view. The suite was a nice room, but the view was blocked and it was on a smoking floor. I wish the reception had told us it was a smoking room instead of just saying we had been upgraded and that "all the views are the same" (which is not true.). We did eventually get to change the room on the second day. The other issue where there could be some improvement is though there is a variety of food, none of it is labeled which makes it difficult for vegetarians and others who may have a more restrictied diet.

Room tip: Make sure to ask for non-smoking if that is what you want when you check in.
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KandiY3, 经理 at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Once again, thank you for providing feedback that will ultimately help improve our dining procedures and effectiveness. We hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travels bring you back to Qingdao so that we can provide you with a premium dining experience that not only meet, but exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

Just stayed here 1 night, but it is in a good location, attached to Wanda Mall. As a Platinum SPG, they kept the lounge happy hour open a little bit later for us since we arrived later in the evening. The gym is good and has plenty of equipment and machines.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Kandi Y, 经理 at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased that you enjoyed a pleasant get away at Le Meridien Qingdao hotel. We truly appreciated your compliments on the quality of room, nice facilities and the location. And it does inspiring us for providing you another memorable and grateful experience next time. Thank you for your recognition again at the beautiful destination Qingdao! We are look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back to Le Meridien Qingdao. Be well.

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

I was hesitant to book this hotel after reading the reviews. But went ahead with it because of price and location.

It was a right decision. Subway number 3 that runs through a number of tourist spots was 1 km away. If taxi is needed, it cost about RMB20 per trip which is really reasonable. Wanda plaza with a lot of eateries and shops is just next door. There are a lot of other local eateries across the hotel.

Service from hotel was great during my stay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kandi Y, 经理 at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Thank you for your valued time sharing your comments with us. Your loyalty is sincerely appreciated and we are delighted to continue being your hotel of choice in Qingdao for always! We will no-doubt continue pushing our service quality onto next level. We are look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back to Le Meridien Qingdao.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

1. Checking in was good. The gentleman shows warmth and met expectation.
2. The room was spacious. But the air-con not working properly. Technician sent to the room was rude and unprofessional. Bearing in mind, its 12 midnight hot room in summer. I am paying guest asking for the room to be cooler. Nothing disrespectful.
3. Complaint lodged but resident manager not sighted. Weekend not working. The duty manager spoken offered a suite and some sweets. I did not take up as I am after services and respect.
4. One of the worst service standard in my many nights with many SPG hotels.

Qingdao is a very nice city. I will be back many times again. But never at this hotel. Unless the Resident Manager takes up her ownership to ensure guests are dutifully respected.

Room tip: Poor service. Concrete jungle.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Kandi Y, 经理 at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Le Méridien Qingdao with us. I was disappointed to hear about your experience with our air-condition and staff service. Your valued feedback highlighted a number of areas for improvement that I have since shared with our hotel management team. Once again, thank you for providing feedback that will ultimately help improve our quality of service. We hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travels bring you back to Qingdao so that we can provide you with a good stay experience that not only meet, but exceed your expectations.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Everything was fine if I just stay in my room. As soon as I leave the room, the lobby was crowded, the restaurant was crowded and the place was filled with strollers, kids and screaming babies. This place does not feel like a 5-Star hotel. There were tour buses parked outside and filled with tourists. I could not find a place to eat, I could not get anyone to help me at the lobby. I booked a suite and they told me I had to wait until 5pm to check in. It was ridiculous. Especially when they called to confirm my check in time, I told them I would check in at 3pm. If you want to stay at a 5-star hotel, find a real 5 star hotel to stay at.

However, the suite I stayed at was spacious and nice. The TV remote was one of those universal remote so it didn’t work sometimes. The TV by the bathtub had no remote control, so I used the one from the room. I was not able to change the channels.

The bed was nice, the pillows were great. The gym was excellent. I didn’t try the pool because it was filled with too many people.

The mall next to the hotel sucks.

Like I said, everything was fine if I didn’t want to enjoy anything outside of my room.

Pick your hotel wisely.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Kandi Y, 经理 at Le Meridien Qingdao, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Le Méridien Qingdao with us. Your valued feedback highlighted a number of areas for improvement that I have since shared with our Front Office Leaders. We will definitely enhance our service quality to make sure to provide a good environment for our guests.
Due to the peak season of Qingdao at this period, lots of tourists come to hotel, we will try our best to get the room ready before guests check in and we will check every equipment in the room to make sure everything is working well. By the way, there are Wanda Plaza and IMIX Park just next to our hotel. Many restaurants in these two area, you can ask concierge for more information.
Once again, thank you for providing feedback. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact with us. We hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travels bring you back to Qingdao.