Bravo Youth Hostel(Datong)(Great Value!)
US$26
US$23
US$54
US$35
US$29
  • Restaurant
US$25
Trip.com
Aitejia Express Hotel(Datong)(Great Value!)
US$25
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$70
US$59
Trip.com
All reviewschinese foodamenities neededbig hotelhuge buffetrooms are bigstay there againnice hotellobbyenglishchina
Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in the Howard Johnson hotels in the US and this particular one is one of a kind. Their standards is way higher, excelent hotel with good size room, very nice and courteous service. they gave a gym, ok breakfast, good location. They also have a ATM machine in the lobby. The only thing I miss is a nice bar to hang out later in the night.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

The hotel looks pretty nice but if you can't understand anybody that works in the hotel it makes it very hard. When we tried to order room service, we asked if anyone spoke English They said no and hung up. I then took the food service meno to the front desk and I pointed to what I wanted so they ordered it for us. I do understand that we where in china but every other hotel we stayed in china had multiple people that speak English.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2017

Thus us a lot nicer than I remember HoJos of the past in the US. It is not the Ritz but for Datong it seems like one. The room was very clean, well lit, and comfortable. The bell people were highly agreeable and the breakfast was good. We had good WiFi in our room but this is always a crap shoot in a big hotel. If I ever have to go to Datong again I will stay at HoJos!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2016

We were with a group of 64 tour members in two tour buses. We timed the arrivals to be 15 minutes apart but the hotel bellmen (8 to 10 of them) had the bags of the first bus in the tour members rooms just in time for the second bus to arrive. Not a single bag misplaced! The efficient service is mind-boggling!
We had lunch and buffet dinner at the hotel. Both were marvelous and the staff's attentiveness is just out of this world.
We would definitely come back again to this property.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have view of city.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2016

Howard Johnson is a beautiful hotel. The room was attractive and spacious with all amenities. The bathroom was really nice. Great shower.
I found the wifi worked well in my room. In fact this was the only hotel I stayed in in Shanxi province where I could get wifi reception on my tablet.

The only meal I had in the hotel was breakfast which was extensive.

The location of the hotel in town was convenient.

I would stay here again if visiting Datong.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends