All reviews hi express washers and dryers tianfu square free breakfast is free wifi in the room self service laundry central location quiet area frosted glass tian fu within walking distance room was clean and comfortable noodles water pressure front desk staff hotel is modern stayed here for nights
Reviewed September 23, 2018

The accommodation on our tour was picked by the tour operator, so we were a little disappointed to be staying in places like a Holiday Inn which you can find anywhere in the world.

Don't get me wrong, it was a lovely hotel, although I think the breakfast choice was very limited and the dinning area was nowhere near big enough for a hotel of this size.

That said, it didn't particulary do anything wrong, it just didn't excel in any one area either. Yes it was central and clean, but if I were going back to Chengdu, I'd have picked somewhere more authentic nearby the Tibetan district instead.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Exp... C, IHG Social Listening Team at Holiday Inn Express Chengdu Gulou, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Dear Hoppy22,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review.

That being said we are disappointed we missed the overall excellence of which we demand from ourselves. We will certainly share this with our management team so that we can make continuous changes. Hope you can choose to stay with us again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2018

I feared being isolated with Americans and Europeans In a "Holiday Inn Express" but this is a hotel for Chinese. Affordable, comfortable, quiet, and the free breakfast is great! Complete with all the dishes Chinese venues serve their guests. Worth it to consider.

Stayed: July 2018
Holiday Inn Exp... C, IHG Social Listening Team at Holiday Inn Express Chengdu Gulou, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Dear Terrytravels1,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to get your recognition to our hotel's location and the free breakfast.We look forward to your next trip!

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here during my last visit to Chengdu. The hotel has a very good location, very near Tian Fu square and Chun Xi road. The subway station was also a few blocks walk.

The room was modern and cozy, as well as very clean and well maintained. The service was very good during the check-in, especially Eileen at the front desk was very kind and welcoming.

The breakfast was fine. Basic selection of Chinese and Foreign dishes. It was nice that they had a noodle station, nonetheless the flavour and ingredients could be improved. The breakfast area was also a bit crowded.

Overall I would recommend and come back to this hotel on my next visit to Chengdu.

Stayed: July 2018
Holiday Inn Exp... C, IHG Social Listening Team at Holiday Inn Express Chengdu Gulou, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Dear Luo1996,

Thanks for staying with us.
We strive every day to help our guests create great memories of their time with us. I'm so gratified to know that we did that for you.

I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Best wishes,

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Standard room layout while bathroom consists of a grand walk-in shower & space to move around.Reception though a bit poor in english is very courteous,welcoming with smile.Breakfast is well served except for 'black' tea which is almost white.Well located with shopping,typical cuisine restaurant all around,fruit shop etc.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... C, IHG Social Listening Team at Holiday Inn Express Chengdu Gulou, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Dear Alex Y,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us.
We strive every day to help our guests create great memories of their time with us. I'm so gratified to know that we did that for you .

I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed July 21, 2018

This hotel was very nice. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast buffet had a large assortment, but mainly national food. The location was also good; it is near many small, local restaurants and within walking distance of a large shopping area & malls.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Exp... C, IHG Social Listening Team at Holiday Inn Express Chengdu Gulou, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Dear KCtraveler1102,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience at our hotel. I am delighted that you loved your room and the central location of our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back again during your next stay in our city.

Best regards,